Author Topic: *NEW INTERVIEW* Bishop Lamont talks about his album, Detox, Eminem, Game  (Read 1420 times)

Dimos

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Long and interesting interview on bishop-lamont.com: http://www.bishop-lamont.com/news/exclusive-bishop-lamont-interview/

teletomble

Re: *NEW INTERVIEW* Bishop Lamont talks about his album, Detox, Eminem, Game
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 08:10:23 AM »
"Bishop-Lamont.com: Do you think we will hear you and The Game on the same track sometime in the near future?

Bishop: I.. I’d love to! You know what I’m saying? Its nothing like that .. like people it’s the same thing me and Young Dre was talking and you know Young Dre and Game have issues .. ya know a lot of people have issues with Game
"

Y Do Young Dre And Game Have Issues?

Aftershock

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 09:19:48 AM »
very interesting interview

bishop seems like a cool dude

weak questions tho but still a funny interview

thanks

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 09:48:14 AM »
LONG, but dope
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Dimos

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 10:03:35 AM »

thanks

Yeah if you cut off all those "I knew you was gonna blow", "you're the best", "your singles are dope" comments it takes like 15 min. less to read this... Gotta give props to the guy whi interviewed him though cause he asked some great questions regarding the situation with Game and all that...

Aftershock

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 10:06:53 AM »

thanks

Yeah if you cut off all those "I knew you was gonna blow", "you're the best", "your singles are dope" comments it takes like 15 min. less to read this... Gotta give props to the guy whi interviewed him though cause he asked some great questions regarding the situation with Game and all that...

true i gotta agree with u on that,

he got some real information from bishop wich is a good look for him

but he really shouldve cut the interview cause it makes it look like a weak interview now

Pancho

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 10:56:17 AM »
i still though think it wont drop, i spoke one of the main editors at xxl magazine, and this person told me that they were told by a high up at interscope that bishops album might not drop next year cause none of the songs that have leaked for promotional use have not got the main stream attention they thought they would get, and that detox might not drop cause  he is worriied about the backlash from fans about his most recent beats, they he now has to go back to the drawing board to see whats to come out with now, and dre. takes for ever when he stars over

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 10:58:44 AM »
That dude was too excited about interviewing him, sounded very unprofessional at times. Not to mention the awful transcript, shit was unreadable in certain paragraphs.

Other than that some cool info, besides them planning to release the album before Detox, there wasn't much new said.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 11:02:00 AM by Dr_Dre-Detox-2008-SAW »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 11:01:20 AM »
i still though think it wont drop, i spoke one of the main editors at xxl magazine, and this person told me that they were told by a high up at interscope that bishops album might not drop next year cause none of the songs that have leaked for promotional use have not got the main stream attention they thought they would get, and that detox might not drop cause  he is worriied about the backlash from fans about his most recent beats, they he now has to go back to the drawing board to see whats to come out with now, and dre. takes for ever when he stars over

That sounds fishy to me because a) Dre was having the same backlash from fans before 2001 dropped, probably even worst. And b) Bishop only had one promotional single so far and thats Feel On It. If they wanna drop the project because of one warm up single flopping then  :-X

Lunatic

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 11:11:04 AM »

if detox and the reformation don't drop in 2008, i don't think they ever will

and like Timbo said, that sounds very fishy
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

LongBeachsFinest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mafia, Get it? Got it? Good!
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 11:42:20 AM »
he seems like a real ignorant motherfucker like he's gonna sell 500k or some shit.... he's gonna have a shock to the system once he drops.. i dont know which drop hes gonna have though - drop an album or dopped from aftermath
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 11:46:08 AM by LongBeachsFinest »

"i was ultimate warrior to you bully ass niggas, i will come through the hood with the fully ask niggas"

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 12:36:09 PM »
Bishop-Lamont.com: And again … with all of the projects you are currently working on, do you ever feel when you ARE making songs for lets say a “Pope Mobile” and lets say you REALLY like it …. Do you feel like sometimes you say to yourself … oh man that song needs to go on my album… not on this free mixtape? How can you tell what the difference is between a “mixtape track” and an “album track” ….is what I’m asking?

Bishop: I just be making records man and stuff will just trigger an idea or concepts, that’s how a lot of mixtapes come about you know what I mean it’s just be wanting to do underground albums. Like I’m so focused on what’s next …that I’m already looking ahead to my second album The Impossible Possible that’s how fucked up my brain be I already be ahead of myself so I just be putting records to the side like this goes to this, this goes for that know what I mean? And when you cut a certain record and it hits a vein of what the focus and the movement of say umm like The Reformation… The Reformation is all about the rebuilding you know what I’m saying? The revitalizing of the movement as far as hip hop goes and on the westcoast on lot of different levels, so everything has to got to really go into kinda like that feeling its gotta go into that kind of movement, that intensity so you just know when a record it speaks to you and it works for THAT project know what I mean?

Bishop-Lamont.com: So there is nothing to worry about when it comes to dumbing down lyrics when it comes to you … right?

Bishop: nahhhh, I cant I cant I cant do it then and I would love for so many more MC’s I mean that’s what Caltroit was really about as far as in going back to bars and going back to lyricism. You know what I mean?
at this point i don't really care about the reformation; and i don't believe his answer to the last question of the quote. i doubt that he can prove me wrong early next year, but we'll see.
anyway, i'd rather check out his street albums instead; even though they're not properly mixed.

hopefully detox will drop at the end of this year. even if dre pushes it back to early '09, he'd better have some sort of first single out by the end of this year.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 12:43:37 PM by Dre-Day »

Dimos

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 01:08:27 PM »
Pancho was at least right about one thing... In that interview Bishop says one of the reasons Detox got pushed back is the fact that Dre gives beats that originally were meant for the album to other rappers, right? Now tell me what Dre beat we've heard, let's say, in these last three years is so incredible that everybody should be anticipating Detox? Oh yeah, "Start From Scratch" was awesome, but thats all...

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 01:33:18 PM »
That dude was too excited about interviewing him, sounded very unprofessional at times. Not to mention the awful transcript, shit was unreadable in certain paragraphs.

Other than that some cool info, besides them planning to release the album before Detox, there wasn't much new said.

Yah dude was hella unprofessional, he actin like he wanna go on a date with Bishop or somethin, he wouldnt get off his nuts lol. Good interview but hella long too. Like Luna said, If The Reformation and Detox dont drop in 08, there never gonna drop!!!

teletomble

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2007, 01:48:12 AM »
"Bishop-Lamont.com: Do you think we will hear you and The Game on the same track sometime in the near future?

Bishop: I.. I’d love to! You know what I’m saying? Its nothing like that .. like people it’s the same thing me and Young Dre was talking and you know Young Dre and Game have issues .. ya know a lot of people have issues with Game
"[/size]

Y Do Young Dre And Game Have Issues?

Any1 Know Y?