Author Topic: PETITION TO B.E.T/ LIVE FROM L.A. (DJ QUIK RELATED)  (Read 445 times)

Dopeisjay

Re: PETITION TO B.E.T/ LIVE FROM L.A. (DJ QUIK RELATED)
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007, 04:28:21 PM »
Sounds good yall.. Thank you to all who are supporting this.. Lets get some more..
Ima email b.e.t... And all that.. to try and get them to put it out.. Ima need some major help from all of yall though.. And like I said thank you for those who supported.. I realy apreciate.. And like I said before.. What if quik does read this somehow. Work your magic styles!.. It'll realy open up his eyes on talkin to them bout releasing the track.. WE NEED IT QUIK!!!!!!

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2007, 04:32:22 PM »
I've been waiting for Quik or BET to release this song for years now...

Add my sig too!

Efrain

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2007, 07:22:43 PM »
This song was available once. I used to have it so other people must have it too. "BET" isn't going to give you the song with some petition consisting of 60 kids from around the world. Someone just call one of the programing assistants and ask them:

1) "who's in control of the show?"
2) "Can I talk to them?"

(at this point you'll want to state who you are and why you're calling. This will be easier if you say you are from a radio station or a     contributing editor to a small magazine or from a fan site or whatever)

3) "Was the theme song ever publicly available?"
        [if yes] "Where could I hear it/obtain it?" or "could I request a copy of that promo for my ____ (fill in blank ex. radio show, fan site,etc)

4) [if no for #3] "Do you have a copy of the full track on some digital medium like a CD or is it only in the opening credits of the show?"

5) "Was the full song ever played on the show? Maybe in an uncut version?

6) "Would it be possible to request a copy of that episode"

etc etc you get the idea. That's the only way you're going to get that song realistically.

Matty

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2007, 08:37:49 PM »
there seems to be an amazing amount of support to get this track. i never remember it being that great, im sure theres better unreleased quik stuff out there. its all good though, one more track for the collection if theres any success :0

Dopeisjay

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2007, 08:44:44 PM »
I mean I felt it was worth a shot.. And I mean yeah what u said realy helped.. U seem pretty good at it.. I mean I bet you would sound very composed at that moment.. Hit them up for us man.. And tell us what they say.. Cause we need that track.. U say it was available b4?.. Realy?.. Damn and I missed out.. The thing is no one has it though... how did u find the track or what?
This song was available once. I used to have it so other people must have it too. "BET" isn't going to give you the song with some petition consisting of 60 kids from around the world. Someone just call one of the programing assistants and ask them:

2) "Can I talk to them?"

(at this point you'll want to state who you are and why you're calling. This will be easier if you say you are from a radio station or a     contributing editor to a small magazine or from a fan site or whatever)

[if yes] "Where could I hear it/obtain it?" or "could I request a copy of that promo for my ____ (fill in blank ex. radio show, fan site,etc)

4) [if no for #3] "Do you have a copy of the full track on some digital medium like a CD or is it only in the opening credits of the show?"

etc etc you get the idea. That's the only way you're going to get that song realistically.

RaDeOn

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2007, 11:24:32 PM »
im also supporting this!!

s_dadry

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2007, 03:02:21 AM »
I'm down!

smegma

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2007, 04:01:35 AM »
my signature too

Not mine. I don't like DJ Quik.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2007, 04:33:29 AM »
Im down. The track is def worth it

Efrain

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2007, 08:02:27 AM »
I mean I felt it was worth a shot.. And I mean yeah what u said realy helped.. U seem pretty good at it.. I mean I bet you would sound very composed at that moment.. Hit them up for us man.. And tell us what they say.. Cause we need that track.. U say it was available b4?.. Realy?.. Damn and I missed out.. The thing is no one has it though... how did u find the track or what?

2) "Can I talk to them?"

I downloaded it of IRC I believe, a long time ago. And I don't mean the one that's around in bad quality I'm talking the full track, cdq (could have been a very high quality VHS dub, don't remember if it was actual studio) but I had that song in very good quality, no question about it. I downloaded it primarialy because Snoop was on it and Quik did the beat, but honestly I remember Snoop being so bad on the track I probably deleted it or it just was so low priority and got lost in backups/HD reformatting. It was a while ago, I want to say 04 or 05 but if I downloaded it other people must have I can't believe no one else has it, really I can't. I'm not some super IRC bot exclusives guy either, I just went on some public hip-hop channel and got it.     

They recorded a video for the song and the full video was aired in it's entirity on the very first episode of "Live from LA" back in 1999 I believe. I'm sure they have the audio on some promotional cd in the promotions department, but don't try calling them first. The first person/people you want to call are whoever managed the show and then ask questions about the song etc (see above post). Once you establish sometype of open diologe with whomever you talk to, then you can call the promotions department and mention the name of the person you spoke with, then they will think eveythings legit (which it should be).

If you are going to request a promotional copy make sure it's of the first episode.   

BET Networks
          1235 W Street, NE
          Washington, D.C. 20018-1211
          202-608-2000

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2007, 10:27:58 AM »

~Lucien~

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2007, 10:37:07 AM »
to the people who claim to have the song in cdq... it never leaked in cdq.