Poll

Pick 1.

Yes
12 (46.2%)
No
14 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Will the Lakers get 50 wins this season?  (Read 1003 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Will the Lakers get 50 wins this season?
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2007, 05:03:51 PM »
agreed

but atleast their not the knicks or t-wolves

That's not the point. The point is that someone predicted a L against the Heat, and i was saying "Hell No!" to that prediction.

Funny how the Heat actually do have a worse record than the Knicks. LOL.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2007, 06:53:44 PM »
Let's not fool ourselves, we all know Laker-Fans wouldn't give a flying eff about Miami (losing) if it wasn't for the greatest center of modern basketball playing there.

Dude...you brought up Shaq in this. It seems like you're more obsessed with Laker related shit than anyone on this site. LOL. Antonio just questioned why the Laker fan predicted that we'd lose to the worst team in the league. Be real, now.

Anyways...I really can't imagine the Lakers winning less than 50, barring some major injuries. The first month of the season was the toughest. We actually ended up beating most of the good teams we played...Now, for the easy part. Everyone knows PJ teams peak around March/April, when the playoffs are around the corner. 8)

PJ teams in Chicago, or PJ teams with Shaq  ;D
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2007, 11:52:12 AM »
Nope...Check 05-06 as well...We killed in March and April of '06. PJ teams, in general, are built to pick up their momentum around playoff time.

blue crew

• 'G'
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2007, 06:12:45 PM »
hahaha at this nicca proud of his team peakin in march n april...who gives a fuc, great teams peak in JUNE

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2008, 01:16:58 PM »
hahaha at this nicca proud of his team peakin in march n april...who gives a fuc, great teams peak in JUNE

the celtics are peakin in june or my name aint Hack Wilson
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2008, 06:30:05 PM »

I'm talkin about the regular season, ya ADD ass muthafucka.

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2008, 07:59:24 PM »
this is silly tho. teams are built to win games. No GM or coach builds a team based on the idea of peaking at a certain time. True, its always good to peak the last few weeks of the season and heading into the playoffs. The Spurs have made a living off of that. But they arent BUILT with that in mind. Every team in the league wants to win every game of the entire season. They dont start the season off and say...."hey, lets just chill the whole season and peak at the end" lol. PJ doesnt coach with the idea of peaking at the end and not giving a shit about the games in the middle or beginning of season. If his teams could go 82-0...then he'd want that. There isnt even a way to make a team BUILT to peak at the end of the season. Is there this list of guys who dont play so hot the first half of the season, but do a 180 during the second half that Phil is like "get me THOSE guys!!". Momentum is momentum but most teams play their best ball in the middle, to end of the season.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2008, 08:31:12 PM »
this is silly tho. teams are built to win games. No GM or coach builds a team based on the idea of peaking at a certain time. True, its always good to peak the last few weeks of the season and heading into the playoffs. The Spurs have made a living off of that. But they arent BUILT with that in mind. Every team in the league wants to win every game of the entire season. They dont start the season off and say...."hey, lets just chill the whole season and peak at the end" lol. PJ doesnt coach with the idea of peaking at the end and not giving a shit about the games in the middle or beginning of season. If his teams could go 82-0...then he'd want that. There isnt even a way to make a team BUILT to peak at the end of the season. Is there this list of guys who dont play so hot the first half of the season, but do a 180 during the second half that Phil is like "get me THOSE guys!!". Momentum is momentum but most teams play their best ball in the middle, to end of the season.

It's just the way the triangle works. The team usually takes a few months into the season to fully function in it.

blue crew

• 'G'
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2008, 01:06:07 AM »
haha this nicca is a clown. sayin it takes the team a few months into the season to fully function the triangle offense and talkin about momentum, momentum for what? first round playoff losses? so wut if you was talkin about the regular season nicca, fuc the regular season. the playoffs are what count and your scrub ass team sucs in the playoffs. triangle or no triangle. keep settlin for late regular season momentum and all that shiet u tell yourself to feel good about the wac ass lakers.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2008, 11:01:49 AM »
haha this nicca is a clown. sayin it takes the team a few months into the season to fully function the triangle offense and talkin about momentum, momentum for what? first round playoff losses? so wut if you was talkin about the regular season nicca, fuc the regular season. the playoffs are what count and your scrub ass team sucs in the playoffs. triangle or no triangle. keep settlin for late regular season momentum and all that shiet u tell yourself to feel good about the wac ass lakers.

I don't need to make myself feel good...the fact that we have one of the better records in the west is enough to hold me up, you hatin ass punk. :-*

BIG L 30

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2008, 11:23:58 PM »
Yo the Lakers are playing good basketball this year. They have a real swagger about themselves right now and I know will get over 50 wins this season. man we got teams fear us out there. are bench is plying good. Bynum is the shit, im really feeling him this season. a real drastic improvement. Kobe....shit want can i say about Kobe. He is the best player in the league and if you don't believe that, ask your favorite player who there fav palyer is and he'll tell you Kobe. so fuck all you bitch ass haters, haten on the dopest team in the league. [/img][/img]

Da818Pn0YgAnGztaA

• Lil Geezy
  • Ya d0 noT WaNt iT!!@@!
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2008, 12:40:48 AM »
LaKErS R LUcKY ThE cLIpPERs R HuRT RiGhT NOW. LaKErS SuK ON DEE ReAL!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2008, 12:45:10 AM »

When is the last time you've heard anyone even mention the Celtics in June? Lol./
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2008, 12:53:33 AM »
^^^^ in 1987 .. to be clowned by a team named the Lakers  :D

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2008, 12:57:23 AM »

When is the last time you've heard anyone even mention the Celtics in June? Lol./

every year......when theyre gearin up for the lottery  ;D