Author Topic: Clippers' Davis Out For The Season  (Read 198 times)

GangstaBoogy

Clippers' Davis Out For The Season
« on: December 23, 2007, 02:08:39 AM »
Reserve forward Paul Davis sustained a season-ending injury -- a torn ligament in his right knee -- in Friday's loss to the Dallas Mavericks .

Davis landed awkwardly on the leg while deflecting the ball off the Mavericks' Erick Dampier in the second quarter and stayed on the ground for several moments before being helped off the court.

The injury was originally diagnosed as a sprain, but afterward Davis said: "I definitely never felt anything like that before."

An MRI in Los Angeles on Saturday performed by team physician Dr. Tony Daly revealed the extent of the injury.

He sustained a torn anterior cruciate ligament, a stabilizing ligament within the center of the knee, and also tore his lateral meniscus, cartilage around the knee. He is scheduled to meet with Daly again Monday and his surgery will probably take place within 10 days, once the swelling in his leg subsides.

"He has worked hard and this was the year he was getting an opportunity to play and the last couple of games he was playing well for us," Coach Mike Dunleavy said. "Hopefully, he has a speedy recovery and bounces back."

Damn I'm actually starting to feel bad for the Clippers
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Clippers' Davis Out For The Season
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 02:57:59 PM »
LMAO...as if Paul Davis was relevant.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 05:18:10 PM »
paul davis is decent, the main problem now is that the clippers' big man rotation is completely fucked. aaron williams used to be good in new jersey but he hasnt really seen much playing time, and now hes gonna have to step it up. josh powell is pretty terrible and i doubt the clips are lookin forward to usin him as a backup.

wens elton brand comin back anyways?

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 08:56:28 PM »
i think February is when he is trying to / wanting to come back.

he'll probably be out longer though; possibly might not play at all this season.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

SGV

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 11:44:54 AM »
Eh... That's just how it goes for them. Cassell goes down for a day to day injury, now he's been out 12 games or something. Brand is still out. Livingston is still out. If it wasn't for Kaman being a beast right now, I don't think they would have any W's... One can only hope for a healthy team for one solid season to show what they can do...

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 12:15:59 PM »
damn man the clippers stank
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 08:50:15 PM »
damn the clips are catching all the wrong "breaks" this year yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 09:57:24 AM »
i feel bad for them, werent they close to the western conference finals just like 2 or 3 years back?
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 11:50:44 AM »
i feel bad for them, werent they close to the western conference finals just like 2 or 3 years back?

Yup...but the franchise is cursed. Every time things start looking up, shit seems to instantaneously crumble with the snap of a finger.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2008, 03:40:03 PM »

Yup...but the franchise is cursed. Every time things start looking up, shit seems to instantaneously crumble with the snap of a finger.

like the jets? :(