Author Topic: Any Outkast fans over here?  (Read 316 times)

Philip1123

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Any Outkast fans over here?
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2008, 02:21:11 PM »
^^^ Yeah, this shit is incredible. People forget what a tight MC Dre is sometimes, because of his new found "persona"... He rarely spits it like this though, these days... Hopefully there'll be more of it on the next Outkast album and (much) less singing.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2008, 04:26:00 PM »
Yes, one of the all time greatest right there.

kemizt

thuglord

• 'G'
  • If I die press play and I will be resurrected...
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2008, 07:49:23 PM »
My fav group ever, I'm one of that fans who buys their cds with my eyes closed. They took hip-hop to another level and managed to reinvent their style on every album they dropped, but always keeping that funky/electro sounds... it's amazing. My fav song will always be "Da art of storytellin' part I", classic tune...

P.S. For those who like the "Funkyride" sounds, go get Sleepy Brown's "Vynil Room" and Society of Soul's "Brainchild"... two of the best soul/r'n'b albums I ever listened to. If you got love for Outkast you MUST love Sleepy too, his vocals on their songs is like the icing on the cake!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 07:54:45 PM by thuglord »

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2008, 09:06:47 PM »
Outkast?  Who are they?

SP0RTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside para vida
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2008, 11:09:49 PM »
gotta love outkast always come different but still make great albums. andre 3000 is a lyrical beast....anyone heard any of his mixtapes? my homie said he was mad lyrical on them but i have never found any

5 Albums I'm Bumping Right Now (In Order)
Blu & Exile- Below The Heavens
eMC- The Show
WC- Guily By Affiliation
Westside Connection- Bow Down
Wu Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2008, 03:16:28 AM »
Great to see so many members that can appreciate good and quality rap. Much respect to anyone who posted on this thread. I always said that this is the best forum to post on. A lot of real hip hop fans, while the West Coast forum is full of kids that are only on DPG's dick and haven't heard anything past the 90's Death Row era.

I agree with you that this forum is one of the best to post on but I have to say don't go dissing the Westcoast forum.  I think that is one of the best forums on the net to discuss Westcoast rap.

Back on topic

I haven't listened to much of the newer albums by Outkast but ATLiens was the shit!!!  I bumped the hell out of that album and it's my favorite from them.  I remember listening to Aquameni but didn't really get into it much and I can't honestly say I listened to many other albums of theirs because they never seemed to be as good as ATLiens to me.

D~Nice

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2008, 03:20:38 AM »
Great to see so many members that can appreciate good and quality rap. Much respect to anyone who posted on this thread. I always said that this is the best forum to post on. A lot of real hip hop fans, while the West Coast forum is full of kids that are only on DPG's dick and haven't heard anything past the 90's Death Row era.

I agree with you that this forum is one of the best to post on but I have to say don't go dissing the Westcoast forum.  I think that is one of the best forums on the net to discuss Westcoast rap.

Back on topic

I haven't listened to much of the newer albums by Outkast but ATLiens was the shit!!!  I bumped the hell out of that album and it's my favorite from them.  I remember listening to Aquameni but didn't really get into it much and I can't honestly say I listened to many other albums of theirs because they never seemed to be as good as ATLiens to me.

Yeah I post on the WC forum and I can appreciate all forms of hip hop. I am a fan of the music first and foremost. But what did you guys think of their 1st album? I still bump that one from time to time, that was a good one too.

MediumL

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2008, 08:58:48 AM »
Man if you don't respect Outkast then you shouldnt be listening to hip hop, thats a law. Thats probably why you dont see them in peoples names cause 90% people feel them. Outkast got so much dope shit
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2008, 11:02:44 AM »
P.S. For those who like the "Funkyride" sounds, go get Sleepy Brown's "Vynil Room" and Society of Soul's "Brainchild"... two of the best soul/r'n'b albums I ever listened to. If you got love for Outkast you MUST love Sleepy too, his vocals on their songs is like the icing on the cake!

thanks for the heads up mate, +1.. you got any download links for these?

thuglord

• 'G'
  • If I die press play and I will be resurrected...
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2008, 02:56:04 PM »

thanks for the heads up mate, +1.. you got any download links for these?

I don't have download links but got both CDs, will rip them and then let you know! ;)

EDIT: You have a PM  8)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 05:24:04 PM by thuglord »