Author Topic: Double standards  (Read 426 times)

ToNe1904

Re: Double standards
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2002, 01:45:40 AM »

even a big ass speach from ure alkaholic father about the bad effects of drinkin, or a lecture from ure chain-smoker teacher about how smoking sucks....dont help many kids.

If you have a drunken father who gets drunk constantly, and tells u not to drink, n the next minute, takes out a bottle of wiskey.....it really doesnt help....to a MAJORITY of people

a Few ppl might go like, aight i dont wanan end up like him and NOT drink.....but for many, that shit dont work

-{bLaDe}

that shit iz so true. Especially for younger kidz. yur influenced so much by whats around u. and Actions alwayz speak louder then wordz.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2002, 02:00:28 AM »
Ill take one frum Gary Sheffield...

When white sports players yell at their teammates, theyre considered "leaders" and when blacks or other minorities do, theyre considered "trouble makers".

Is he a baseball player?  I think I might have seen that guy play when I was in Florida.  Did he play for the Devil Rays?  Lol i don't have a clue

ToNe1904

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2002, 02:11:33 AM »

Is he a baseball player?  I think I might have seen that guy play when I was in Florida.  Did he play for the Devil Rays?  Lol i don't have a clue

yah hes a baseball player. he played for tha Marlins for a bit.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2002, 02:17:48 AM »
I'm sure I saw him play for the Devil Rays against the White Sox

Is Baseball going on now

How are the D-Rays doing?  Are they still the worst team?

CodeCaine

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • reppin for the south, North Cackalac fool
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2002, 02:28:27 AM »

even a big ass speach from ure alkaholic father about the bad effects of drinkin, or a lecture from ure chain-smoker teacher about how smoking sucks....dont help many kids.

If you have a drunken father who gets drunk constantly, and tells u not to drink, n the next minute, takes out a bottle of wiskey.....it really doesnt help....to a MAJORITY of people

a Few ppl might go like, aight i dont wanan end up like him and NOT drink.....but for many, that shit dont work

-{bLaDe}

yeah u right blade...my older brother dropped/kicked out of high school and he has always been tellin me i better graduate but i dont really listen..my mom also dropped out but it seems as if my older brother cares more about me graduating then my mom.....peace
It's CodeKane fool
Everybody knows Carolina's my home, this is my heart baby, this is my soul.

Folks think I'm out of my mind
I'm out of line a lot of times
I don't give a fuck bout guidelines
Do what I wanna do, when I wanna do it
You-you ain't like what I'm doin', you ain't got to
Petey Pab

Plus a buncha country boys wit gats, you don't want none-a that
-Scales

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2002, 08:30:44 AM »
when some1 drinks,  smokes,  or drop outs,  an tells u not to do it,  its not a double standard,  maybe a bit hypocritical.  But tha thing is,  they realize tha error of there ways,  they dont want to see u end up like them,  they want u to do better in life than they did.  i do it to my lil bro,  i quit playin baseball,  but wit him i push him,  i treat him like shit.  It may seem mean,  but in reality,  it cause i want to see him do better than me,  i want him 2 be happy an enjoy life,  not make tha same mistakes i did

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2002, 08:03:19 PM »
^^^ I know what you're talking about... I do the same with my lil brother.. but I think they're talkin about people who tell younger people not to do things but they're still doing the same things they're tellin them not to do... mainly drugs.

I'm like that... I'll tell my brother not to smoke right before I light up a joint infront of his face. I feel bad about it, it aint coo'... I bitch at him when teachers call and complain about him.. try to push him to graduate. I stopped going to High School about 2 years ago and just dropped out of this program I was in...

It's crazy though.. cuz so far, it's working... I've met his friends and they're all good kids.. they dont use drugs and aint tryna be lil gangsters or anything.. they're just normal kids. He's gonna join his High School football team.. he's doing positive shit through sports. When I was his age I was gettin high all the time... even doing acid and crystal meth..

Even though I'ma hypocrite.. I do mean all the shit I say to him. He shouldn't go my route.. and I truly want to see him to do better than me.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2002, 08:14:44 PM »
Mine is kinda like your first one...

Over here in Southern Cali.. you got all kinds of different races. Mexicans, Blacks, Whites, Asians... just all kinds of shit..

It's crazy how the monority groups (Mexicans, Blacks, Asians) can sport logos like Brown Pride (Mexicans), Plack Power (Blacks), and Asian Pride (Asians)... and no one thinks anything of it.. cuz there's nothin wrong with it.. it's just people having pride and feelin good about they're heritage...

Now when White people sport some shit like "White Pride" or "White Power".. it's considered offensive. If a white guy is sporting some shit like that.. he better be ready to throw down..

I think the answer is in History... the way white people oppressed other people... all the negativity with Hitler and Slavery... It's like that shit is always in tha back of people's minds.. It's hard to explain.. I dont really know the answer.. but I myself being mexican..  When I see a guy sportin' "White Power"... or he's showin some kind of swastica tattoo.. It bothers me.. I aint down with that at all.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Sikotic™

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2002, 02:54:56 PM »
I got one just from a confrontation with a teacher today:

Students can't have cell phones during class but the teacher's pjone can ring all it wants too.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ToNe1904

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2002, 10:33:13 PM »
I got one just from a confrontation with a teacher today:

Students can't have cell phones during class but the teacher's pjone can ring all it wants too.

shit, u in kali...teachers need cell phones so they can dial 911 frum tha class room lol

Sikotic™

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2002, 02:51:55 PM »

shit, u in kali...teachers need cell phones so they can dial 911 frum tha class room lol

Fuck that, I need to order pizza in the classroom when I'm hungry.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE