Author Topic: Dillinger and Young Gotti vs. Last Meal  (Read 334 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Dillinger and Young Gotti vs. Last Meal
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2001, 03:08:32 AM »
last meal by a landslide

why?

1. d&yg is tight the first time you listen to it, but then it lags off and is TOO REPETITIVE, the production is alright but it can get TOOO REPETITIVE, and that to me is corny, plus daz yeah he might sound great to y'all but he didn't rap that well in my opinion, plus the record is too one sided and lacks in topics and versitility, which i know both kurupt and daz are well capable of

then you got the last meal which i didn't like at all for at least a month but every time i listen to it i learn to appreciate it more , i even like kokane which i hated at first, plus snoop's whole sound to the cd is the future of west coast music and is more progressive which Dillinger and gotti just use a grip of old gangsta cliches and old themes and tired formulas, i dunno plus a man called DR> DRE mixed tha last meal very well , i mean snoop has a light voice and dre does a nice job of making it so you can hear over alot of the beats, snoop might not be no "Lyrical Genius" ...but neither was marvin gaye ya know , both snoop and marvins whole approach is to be smooth and make music every one can feel wether your on the west coast or east or south or midwest or hell even VIET-FUCKIN-NAM!, while as Dilling and Gotti can only be felt really by a west coast fan based audience ya dig

peace that's my 2 cents
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Big BpG

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2001, 03:13:55 AM »
Everything you said was beautiful, just like a flower...
a pink one, with a little honey bee drinking nectar from it.

I agree D&YG ... way too repetive.. you said they have the same topics... YES... nothing i could relate to... as I get older... I get maturer and want something to relate too... their music, yes bangin, isnt hitting me right... good at first... but too repetitive..
Last Meal is unervisal... it has UPs and DOWNS that an album has to have.. so when your sad you can listen to it and when you happy you can listen to it..
dilli and gotti dont got that.....

-bpg

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Sven

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • gangsta of art
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2001, 07:48:32 AM »
I like DPG more, but Last Meal was also tight as fucc!!!
Me, personally, I can't wait for Kokanes third solo joint!!! I'm really feelin him...peace
Drop down, do the eagle, fuck that Real gangstas just pull up they pants and lean back! - www.svenellerbrock.de

So Much Style

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2001, 10:29:18 AM »
dpg was better
So much style back at it again

topdogg

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2001, 03:47:40 PM »

last meal by a landslide

why?

1. d&yg is tight the first time you listen to it, but then it lags off and is TOO REPETITIVE, the production is alright but it can get TOOO REPETITIVE, and that to me is corny, plus daz yeah he might sound great to y'all but he didn't rap that well in my opinion, plus the record is too one sided and lacks in topics and versitility, which i know both kurupt and daz are well capable of

then you got the last meal which i didn't like at all for at least a month but every time i listen to it i learn to appreciate it more , i even like kokane which i hated at first, plus snoop's whole sound to the cd is the future of west coast music and is more progressive which Dillinger and gotti just use a grip of old gangsta cliches and old themes and tired formulas, i dunno plus a man called DR> DRE mixed tha last meal very well , i mean snoop has a light voice and dre does a nice job of making it so you can hear over alot of the beats, snoop might not be no "Lyrical Genius" ...but neither was marvin gaye ya know , both snoop and marvins whole approach is to be smooth and make music every one can feel wether your on the west coast or east or south or midwest or hell even VIET-FUCKIN-NAM!, while as Dilling and Gotti can only be felt really by a west coast fan based audience ya dig

peace that's my 2 cents

I'm really feeling what ya saying dogg, everytime you listen to the last meal you feel it more and more, a classic Snoop disc fo' real.
Niggas don't fight no more!
before hip hop was all about drama
anything for a dollar before Kane fucked Madona
Maintain and stayed bent like a comma
Just me and my bottle
we shall lead not follow
Emcees be full of shit
but they style be hollow.

verbalassaulta

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2001, 02:25:07 PM »
at first i thought dpg was better...it's kinda too repative, and the production is kinda boring...ya know....needed some nate dogg in it or something

Joachim

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2001, 02:58:45 PM »
Y'all are some hardcore Snoop fans, Tha Last Meal was poor at best, Snoop can do so much better, its no way his worst album, but its no way near his best. DPG was pretty tight, much tighter then i expected it would be, production was sick.

Peace

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2001, 05:11:16 PM »
note i said i didn't like it for a long time either , you just listened to it for like a week and just put it up in the closet , if i did that i'd be saying what you were sayin also

i was one of the people on the dre board who was the hardest on this album REMEMBER, i was backin up almost everything engies was sayin' but it's an album , for me at least , you gotta get use to

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2001, 05:22:27 PM »
*INSERT BPG and JAKE'S POSTS HERE*

Both excellent albums
But LMeal does it fo me
Kokane is awesome IMO