Author Topic: The Fix Appreciation Thread  (Read 338 times)

D~Nice

The Fix Appreciation Thread
« on: January 09, 2008, 10:36:27 PM »
Man this album is still bangin to me. Beats are knockin on this, not his best album, but still better then most shit out at that time or present. A track that is slept on there is Sellout. And the packaging for the album is genius. Album credits look like foil and put in a plastic baggie in the sleeve. Classic. LOL! Shit looks like you got that work in ya sleeve.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 10:46:52 PM by D~Nice Says Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It »

D~Nice

Re: The Fix Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 10:54:04 PM »
To tell you the truth I kind of hate that album...
I hate the Camel,well I should stay away from this thread and go to sleep. ha,ha...

Nah it ain't like that. Speak on it. I think him and Jay got MAD chemistry on they collabos. It was interesting to me to hear Face over a Pharrell beat or Kanye, but like I said not his best but still damn good to me. It's all good Chad, you RAL 2 the fullest with your music taste so speak ya mind.

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 11:07:38 PM »
My favorite Face album after The Diary. The Fix is a modern day classic.

That Face/Nas joint still gets steady rotation by me.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 03:06:27 AM »
It's a mixed bag IMHO. Don't get me wrong, there's enough extra-dope shit on there to make it more than worth the time. Everything from "Safe" to "On My Block" is great, and "In Between Us" is, to me, one of the most original, most dynamic, most well-made, most addictive and therefore most underrated hiphop songs I've heard since I bought the album 5 years ago. I fucking love this joint.

But then there's the average and the sub-par tracks: "I Ain't the One", "Sellout" and "Keep Me Down" are ok, "What Can I Do" is tolerable. "Someday" is tedious and "Heaven" is kinda corny. That's just my opinion on it. Good album, but not flawless

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 03:42:33 AM »
Dope album, On My Block is classic

kemizt

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 08:39:27 AM »
Very good album for the most part. Classic or near it at least. i gave it bout 9.4/10, up 2 y'all 2 decide if that's classic rating. I thought at first the beats didn't fit Face 2 well. that goes for the first 3 songs, and keep me down. But the rest of the songs are crazy. on my block is indeed a classic song. Tracks 6-11 = All classic. You right D, sellout is a slept on track, 1 of my favs on the LP.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 10:04:14 AM »
incredible album from one of the most consistantly dope artists in hip hop period......
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 11:52:35 AM »
:laugh: :laugh:

Btw, Dark green doesn't look good on blue

kemizt

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 02:52:46 PM »
this album is dope as fuck. I loved the collabo with jay, that was a hot kanye beat.

D~Nice

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 06:59:39 PM »
Nice review Chad. I thought Lyor Cohen had alot of influence in getting Face over to Def Jam. Kevin Liles and him were over there when that album dropped, he mentioned both as reasons he went and reasons the album had no real big promo.

Blu Lacez

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 07:18:11 PM »
I've been listening to this album a Lot!!!

I'll be honest it's been like a year since i last listened to it!
What got me back into listening to that album was the 'In Between Us' Track Feat Nas & Tanya Herron!!!
The 'In Cold Blood' track is another fave of mine!!!

'Sell Out' is Tite, the beat is smooth, plus  face delivers some funny pounding Lyrics!!
'heaven is Alright, the only bad thing, is it ends very abruptly!

I'm very much into songs that that praise God,it's just me i guess!!
So i was really enjoying that track, but it  kinda Let me down, when it ends that way!!
As for the Track  Neptune Prod Track, I'm sorry i don't like that one, primarily for the beat. Which is unfair,cuz i promised myself to give each track a listen an not focus on the beat!!!

I'll play again, and I'll probably find something i like about It!!
there are other stand out tracks, either due to his lyrics, delivery or just the way he flows!!!
that Track with WC 'I Ain't the One' is Nice!!
I really like how WC flipped it on his Album 'The Ghetto heisman',when he featured Scareface on that Album!!

'Guess whose back' is Good!!!!
Jay & faceMob  both delivered memorable verses!!!
B.Siegel was ok,but he kinda disappointed me though!!
kanye west as usually mixed, sampled and brought a real Soulful beat!!!!!

'My Block' Is top Notch,partly cuz i love the Video and partly cuz it's such a good track!!
it' very nostalgic.

I often think back to various places I've lived,so it puts me in that mood!

« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 07:21:53 PM by Blu Lacez »

D~Nice

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 07:34:38 PM »
Nice review Chad. I thought Lyor Cohen had alot of influence in getting Face over to Def Jam. Kevin Liles and him were over there when that album dropped, he mentioned both as reasons he went and reasons the album had no real big promo.

What I don't get,they spend all these money on the hot "super" producers,then no money on promo,wtf? How do they expect to recoup,with no push? Even RAL has done the same shit to Devin.
But you got my point with my review right?

Oh no doubt. I cringed when I first saw the producers involved but I did not mind the more universal sound it had. But most def I see your points about the album.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 09:48:19 PM »
A classic in my eyes. I love every track except "I Ain't The One" which was still a decent track, not wack at all.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 12:11:04 AM »
Excellent album.  Yes, I tend to skip the joints w/ Faith Evans and whoever that other broad is.  And just cause I skip those joints doesn't mean they aren't good.  Face is one of the all time greats.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 02:53:36 AM »
08 In Between Us Featuring - Nas Producer - Mike Dean, Scarface
This track is SIMPLY AMAZING,look no further for proof that Face and Mike Dean got beats.
When I first put this on today I got tears in my eyes,this track touch my heart. Nas come way way correct,and face forgot about it.... ohhh weeee,shit is WAY dope.
The debate is over Face and Mike Dean is the ones that shall produce the Nas,Cube and Face album  :laugh: :laugh:
But I guess that shit is just talk......  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I give this track 10/5 that´s how much I love it...
09 Someday Producer - Neptunes,The Vocals - Faith Evans
:P :-[ :-\ >:( :nawty: :oi: :nahnah2: :rant: :argue: :baseballbat: :psych: :puke: :stupid: 0/5
                                                                                                    ^^^^
this is what I meant by mixed bag and your eloquently articulated opinion on these two tracks gets you a prop  :laugh: