Is He?

Yes
4 (22.2%)
No
13 (72.2%)
UnDecided
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Is Phil Jackson Over-Rated As A Coach?  (Read 1425 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Is Phil Jackson Over-Rated As A Coach?
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2008, 11:08:03 AM »
How the fuck can you say a guy who won 9 (NINE) rings is overrated?

because he had MJ and Shaq to work with?
and pippen & kobe
i know
but still

iverson and james is almost as good but there coaches dont have nine rings

he had good players but was also a good coach

have yall seen him in real life he looks like a beast (no homo)

i will say this

Larry Brown > Phil Jackson

and same with Big Red RIP ofcourse

How many rings would Red have won without Russell? Of course the answer is, we don't know... but it's no secret that great talent always goes hand in hand with good coaches winning, because at the end of the day it is up to the players to win.... but someone has to inspire them and help them out when the pressue is on, and that's a key role for a great coach. Guidance, confidence, and strategy....

do some research on Big Red and learn about what he did man

he was the first guy to take the "risk" of fielding 5 black players for his starting lineup.  its sad because america was so fucked up back then but NObody thought blacks could compete with whites except for the elite ones.  he proved he had a whole line up that could do it.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2008, 11:13:03 AM »
you cant argue LArry Brown over JAckson

beat him head to head in 2004

Brown won an NBA Finals AND the NCAA tourny, and the pistons havent been as good since he left.
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2008, 11:23:12 AM »

LMFAO!

Anyone who thinks Phil is overrated is dumb. Check his career wins and winning percentage. He helped mold players like Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, Pippen, Rodman, etc. into what they were. He defined everyones role to a science like no other coach could. Look at the Kobe-Shaq Lakers before Phil came along...Look at the Jordan-Pippen Bulls before Phil came along. Phil is the person who took these players to the next level...Calling him overrated is insane. Greatest coach ever.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2008, 11:26:13 AM »
How the fuck can you say a guy who won 9 (NINE) rings is overrated?

because he had MJ and Shaq to work with?
and pippen & kobe
i know
but still

iverson and james is almost as good but there coaches dont have nine rings

he had good players but was also a good coach

have yall seen him in real life he looks like a beast (no homo)

i will say this

and same with Big Red RIP ofcourse

How many rings would Red have won without Russell? Of course the answer is, we don't know... but it's no secret that great talent always goes hand in hand with good coaches winning, because at the end of the day it is up to the players to win.... but someone has to inspire them and help them out when the pressue is on, and that's a key role for a great coach. Guidance, confidence, and strategy....

do some research on Big Red and learn about what he did man

he was the first guy to take the "risk" of fielding 5 black players for his starting lineup.  its sad because america was so fucked up back then but NObody thought blacks could compete with whites except for the elite ones.  he proved he had a whole line up that could do it.

wow...and what does that have to do with great coaching? so he wasn't racist, yipeee! The Celtics won when Bill Russell was the head coach, too. LOL. Phil>>>>>>>Red>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Larry Brown.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2008, 11:59:42 AM »

Brown won an NBA Finals AND the NCAA tourny, and the pistons havent been as good since he left.

Umm... Larry Brown lost to Jackson when he was the coach of the Sixers.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2008, 12:09:00 PM »

who had MJ?

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2008, 12:13:55 PM »

who had MJ?

Neither of them... It was the Lakers vs. the Sixers...
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2008, 12:15:18 PM »
LMAO. Hack Wilson is something else.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2008, 12:17:13 PM »

who had MJ?

ahh 2000 or 01 i forgot about that year 8)

AI takes the weakest team ever to a finals and wins game 1 and acts like he just won game 4 lol

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2008, 12:18:08 PM »
Damnit, NIK. You keep beating me to the responses. You must be able to navigate dubcc blindfolded after 6 years.

Lunatic

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2008, 12:18:23 PM »

who had MJ?

LMFAO hack u the homie, but that shit right there is PRICELESS :D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2008, 12:22:50 PM »
Some of you dont understand the idea of being overrated. You can be good, or even great at what you do....and still be overrated. I say he is overrated, but that doesnt mean I think he isnt a good coach. I just think that there are other coaches that could have been put into the positions Phil was in, and they would have won just as many titles.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Lunatic

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2008, 12:23:25 PM »
Some of you dont understand the idea of being overrated. You can be good, or even great at what you do....and still be overrated. I say he is overrated, but that doesnt mean I think he isnt a good coach. I just think that there are other coaches that could have been put into the positions Phil was in, and they would have won just as many titles.
that's pretty much what i'm sayin. over-rated don't mean he sucks ass.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2008, 12:32:56 PM »

I doubt many (if any) coaches woulda been able to put his dysfunctional teams in check like he did...AND threepeat three times with them.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2008, 12:35:29 PM »

I doubt many (if any) coaches woulda been able to put his dysfunctional teams in check like he did...AND threepeat three times with them.

i didnt say many. but then again, i dont know if he would have coached the Heat to a title....or the Pistons to a title over the Lakers.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"