Is He?

Yes
4 (22.2%)
No
13 (72.2%)
UnDecided
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Is Phil Jackson Over-Rated As A Coach?  (Read 1424 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Is Phil Jackson Over-Rated As A Coach?
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2008, 04:16:48 PM »
I don't follow football, though I watch it occasionally. I'm sure it has something to do with Bill Walsh handing the 49ers over to that other dude, but stick to the topic.

thats what i mean

great coaches can follow great coaches
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2008, 06:29:02 PM »
Bill Russell was not a coach. LOL. That team was just dominant and Russell was a beast. Point is, Red was a great coach and so was Phil. Neither was overrated IMO.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2008, 07:07:40 PM »
i didnt vote for either of them being over rated either lol
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2008, 10:00:42 PM »
NO but you can say he always had very good teams and picked his spots.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2008, 10:05:23 PM »
Bill Russell was not a coach. LOL. That team was just dominant and Russell was a beast. Point is, Red was a great coach and so was Phil. Neither was overrated IMO.

seifert wasn't a great coach either but he got credit for winning with someone else's players

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2008, 10:06:41 PM »
Yeah. The thing is, Jordan and his talented squad didn't win it all until Phil came aboard. Kobe and Shaq didn't win until Phil was the coach. Of course he got kind of lucky for always having such talented teams, but he is a proven winner. His track record is amazing, one of the great coaches of all-time.
I got a bird's eye view

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2008, 10:48:22 PM »
Yeah. The thing is, Jordan and his talented squad didn't win it all until Phil came aboard. Kobe and Shaq didn't win until Phil was the coach. Of course he got kind of lucky for always having such talented teams, but he is a proven winner. His track record is amazing, one of the great coaches of all-time.

i agree, someone needs to captain the ship you know.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2008, 05:44:22 PM »

i agree, someone needs to captain the ship you know.

Yeah....and fact is, there have been MANY teams to have great rosters that didn't win championships...with some not even reaching the playoffs. Even Phil's own team in 04 was amazing on paper, but they didn't win. Look at the 2000 Blazers, 02 Queens, 95 Magic, 05-07 Suns, and a lot of other teams that had major star power going for them. They came close, but none of them won ONE ring, let alone six and three. And the fact that he did it with two different teams who had completely different mentalities...it's some coaches who might be GREAT with one team, but they'll suck with another.