Author Topic: Wake Up Before We All Slaves... To Our Government  (Read 751 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Wake Up Before We All Slaves... To Our Government
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2008, 07:54:49 PM »
I don't think that there is a perfect regime. Every system has its flaws. Some lack praticability, some lack the right economic incentives, some are simply inefficient, etc... Therefore the flaws I see in anarcho-capitalism aren't automatically making this system terrible. I just think that the US is already capitalistic enough, what would happen if one tried to make steps towards your proposal can't be anticipated precisely enough, there are too many intangibles and shit... I just don't think it would "work". You can have a different opinion. What I don't accept, however, is when people flat out say "yo, abolishing the income tax would be tight as fuck mayne, I'd be ballin my nigga"... that's just ignorant.

Anarcho can never be perfect. I just think a free market would be "better" than the current US system. Keep in mind I also don't agree with intellectual property laws. A free market medical system would lead to cheaper medicine. Malpractice insurance would be waved if a patient was in real need. I believe people would be covered that way. Simple fear of losing customers would lead to self regulation of safe drugs. That's what I think at least.

I don't believe we as a people can be perfect, and neither can a system created by people. I'll leave perfection to your pal Jesus. Anarcho Capitalism for the rest of us.

The income tax for me isn't about saving my money. It's about serfdom and how I don't believe it has any plave in modern society.

Trauma-san

Re: Wake Up Before We All Slaves... To Our Government
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2008, 06:22:01 AM »
I don't get Americans and their problem with taxes. Taxes are fucking normal in a functional government. The taxes in Germany are higher than the taxes in the US. Why are you guys bitching so much about it?

So you're cool then if we raise your taxes another 10%?  How about another 30?

What level do they have to get to, before you say "enough" ?  America is past that level already.  The answer is it's your opinion.  There's no right or wrong level of taxes to spend, my opinion is American's pay too many taxes.  I can spend my money to enrich my life better than the government can.  I need the government to protect the country and deliver the mail.  Anything else, they should get the fuck out of.  They run the school systems.  The school systems suck.  Private schools whip public school's asses on almost every measureable parameter, they're even CHEAPER than public schools, only the public schools are paid for out of everybody's pocket before they get their check so nobody notices.  If the government would give us all that money back, we could all pay to send our kids to private schools who would be competitive.   The government wants to raise taxes and run the doctors office now?  How about "no" thank you I don't believe that would be a good idea.