Author Topic: Why ain't West Coast artist goin back to tha G funk sound???????  (Read 924 times)

DENS

• 'G'
Re: Why ain't West Coast artist goin back to tha G funk sound???????
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2008, 01:31:44 PM »
lool okay I thought it was the same thing.

I'm down with you it's a Bullshit, but the people who listen Souljah Boy in France doesn't know what he is talkin' about... And they doesn't wann listen what I say when I'm talkin' about lol

SHAAD G

• 'G'
  • Tha Ace Of Diego!
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2008, 02:14:24 PM »
Why ain't West Coast artist goin back to tha G funk sound???????

because its 2008...

CHUUUCH to that!

Plus the sound we got is the shit already and it's only a matter of time til we get our crown back!

So you mean Terrace, 1500, THX, Dae One, Amplified, D1 etc. ain't doing a good enough job?!?
"Why settle for 3 when I got the eyes of Edgerrin!
 Why tie I'd rather win.
 Line for Line I'm Better then Most!"-Mykestro

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2008, 09:28:54 PM »
i said it before and i'll say it a 1000 more times muthafuccas on here swear it's still 1995 hahahaha. you make what you like,if a equal wants to do one of those type of traccs cause it fits a mood fine,but to be stucc on that shit all the way through equal is you crazy hahaha,why don't you just pull out your old classics and bump that shit and roll. and instead of just smoking and dranking on the porch with yo house shoes on,how bout you educate some of these young equals in the hood growing up with no role models. i swear if obama wins, i bet 7 and half months in office,these so called real/street niggas is gonna start calling his a sellout since he don't act like them hahahahaha,"WE STILL SHOW OUR ASS AND DON'T LIKE TO READ/WE DONE ATE CHICC'N AND WATERMELON DOWN TO IT'S BONES AND IT'S SEEDS/YET HAVE THE NERVE TO ASK FOR MORE WHEN KNOWING IT'S NOTHING LEFT/IT'S TIME WE MAKE A  CHANGE OR FACE DEATH" NET MUTHAFUCC'N WORTH YELL
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Philip1123

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2008, 09:42:34 PM »
G-Funk was a dominant sound for about 7-8 years. Up untill 1999 when Dr. Dre released 2001. After that, it was just time to move on.

Stop crying like little babies over a sound that's out-dated these days. There are hundreds of G-funk albums, and now there's a new sound. You can NOT use the same music all the time. Everyone's sound changed, including the East and Down South.

There is still plenty of good music coming out the West, and the g-funk influence hasn't dissapeared totally, you can still feel it on many songs. So just open your minds and don't get stuck on one type of sound.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2008, 01:18:20 AM »
Because it's old and boring.
You really dont mean that. 8)

DENS

• 'G'
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2008, 10:56:21 AM »
lol This man think he is 80 years old.

Bootsy Collins still doin' funk in 2006 and I like his album ^^

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2008, 11:46:02 AM »
I like the G-Funk Sound but i'm also open to the new shit. The problem that I have with this new music in Hip Hop (crunk or hyphy) are the beats. The producers just only use a Drum and a bassline. Where is the melody? Okay, sometimes it is really cool but in Hip Hop exist a whole subgenre like that.

Todays West Coast music is in a really bad situation. There is no innovation to bring a new West Coast Music Genre.

And to all the producers out there: Don't go with the mainstream! Change the mainstream!

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2008, 03:49:23 PM »
I like the G-Funk Sound but i'm also open to the new shit. The problem that I have with this new music in Hip Hop (crunk or hyphy) are the beats. The producers just only use a Drum and a bassline. Where is the melody? Okay, sometimes it is really cool but in Hip Hop exist a whole subgenre like that.

Todays West Coast music is in a really bad situation. There is no innovation to bring a new West Coast Music Genre.

And to all the producers out there: Don't go with the mainstream! Change the mainstream!
honestly what was so innovative about g-funk? you took off the p in p funk and replaced it with a g?, did it sound good when it was done right hell yeah,that's just like any music. but we put to much on shit when it "blows up in the mainstream", i say bang music that just sounds good, and again if you an artist and you doing a album and it fits into the theme make that type of joint. paint pictures with yo shit yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

GFunkin

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2008, 04:49:19 PM »
Man, I wish I grew up during those days...and on the right coast. Suga Free, Xl Middleton, Foesum, Warren G, DPG and others are still turning out good things tho. I don't understand the hate. Safe + Sound, The Chronic etc still sound fresh and way ahead of their time. Will Soulja Boy last? NOPE. Can U Werk Wit That? NOPE.