Author Topic: I begin my 8th semester of college tomorrow  (Read 524 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: I begin my 8th semester of college tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 10:21:15 AM »
Yo you becomin' a doctor?? Like a primary care doctor?

Propz to you!!

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 10:24:08 AM »
I just started my 8th semester too, but I still got another year to go. That really sounds like a long time when you count it by semesters.
I got a bird's eye view

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 08:09:38 PM »
Yo you becomin' a doctor?? Like a primary care doctor?

Propz to you!!
Thinking about going into surgery. There are so many fields, who knows. I still have a long ways to go before I get to that point anyways.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 05:02:56 AM »
If I were yall, I'd stay in school as long as possible, lol.  College was a fucking blast.

One of my roommates during my undergrad was pre-med, and get this he was dislexic.  I would look through his notes and words would be horribly misspelled, letters backward, the whole 9.  That motherfucker studied harder than anybody I've ever met in my whole life, made a 4.0 all through college.  He's going into osteopathic medicine.

wcsoldier

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 07:48:16 AM »
Yeah trust me stay in college as long as its useful for your future .. outside making money , there is no advantage , your life is completely different .. in college , you got your homies, the females, your party and all that .. basically besides sitting your ass on a chair and working your exams you have nothing to do ..  when you work, youre very tired , the week end  goes VERY fast and its basically the same old shit every week ..

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 08:06:05 AM »
Yeah trust me stay in college as long as its useful for your future .. outside making money , there is no advantage , your life is completely different .. in college , you got your homies, the females, your party and all that .. basically besides sitting your ass on a chair and working your exams you have nothing to do ..  when you work, youre very tired , the week end  goes VERY fast and its basically the same old shit every week ..
i aint go to college but i think the point of college is to go in learn somethings and eventually be done. not to stay for years and years like ice cube in higher learning.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 08:35:43 AM »

Well one can say it's the same shit in college. I haven't worked full time yet but I have a friend who did both. And he said it's the same. When you work, like you said the negative side is you're tired and it's basically the same shit and the positive being the money. Well, in college, it's also the same shit everyday, you're also tired when you get home, with the difference that when you're finally home you've got all this fucking homeworks and essays and dumb shit like that. And you don't get paid.

Granted when you start working you sort of mature, grow up, become more responsible but for me, I'm gonna be in college for at least 5 more years and by then I'm sure I'll be tired of all the partying as you've put it. Heck, I never was into that like others so, it won't be such a shock to me.

So I'd say college and work is about the same BUT it does depend on a person/it's subjective, however I do think that if you get a job that really interests you and you enjoy it that work "wins". But that's just my personal opinion.

BTW one thing is also the human nature: when you enter high school you miss primary school, when you enter college you miss high school, when you start working you miss college and when you retire everybodys like "wtf am I gonna do, I wanna work"  :P

AboveTheLaw

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 08:37:21 AM »
Good luck, sounds like you got shit under control

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2008, 08:39:05 AM »
I've worked full time for 9 months, before I started my college/uni education.

Same shit, different day

kemizt

smegma

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2008, 08:44:35 AM »

This might sound retarded to you, but all of what you posted is exactly why you should do a study to get a job that you actually like.

wcsoldier

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 09:21:49 AM »

This might sound retarded to you, but all of what you posted is exactly why you should do a study to get a job that you actually like.

I like my job A LOT .. Student life was just like heaven for me ...

Nigga_With_An_Additude

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 11:30:19 AM »
congrats to the college kids in here,me I am going to seminary college to get my chaplins lisence

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 04:30:10 PM »
i aint go to college but i think the point of college is to go in learn somethings and eventually be done. not to stay for years and years like ice cube in higher learning.

You learn and experience MUCH MORE in college than just books.  A cat like you would benefit exponentially from it.

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2008, 04:42:24 PM »

You learn and experience MUCH MORE in college than just books.  A cat like you would benefit exponentially from it.
at the end of the day i aint going to knock niggas who doing they thing in college. but for you to act like its necessary I think you going over board. there are plenty of things i taught myself and things i learned from by just reading books. you know i talk to niggas who got they degree and they doing job they didnt even major in. you know so shit dont add up. if anything i would say those 2 year of fast track school on tv the promote are better than 4 schools. niggas i know who went that route are workin in they what they went to school for. the only thing great i hear niggas talkin about going to college or away is the partying/drinkin/ smoking all that. i dont drink or smoke and i got my earth. and i doubt it would benefit exponentially

WestCoasta

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2008, 04:49:57 PM »
^  that's not what he's saying you idiot, get some glasses you dumb fucking moron

he's saying if you go to college there are things you can learn other than books

not "if you don't go to college there are things you won't learn"

he implied an ignorant fool like yourself could benefit if you were to go to college

fuckin retarded ass "Job" what a loser