Author Topic: Eminem..Dead since Eminem Show??  (Read 695 times)

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
Eminem..Dead since Eminem Show??
« on: January 22, 2008, 11:26:48 PM »
Hey dub, i just thought i would drop some knowledge on how i feel about eminem....this was stemmed from a post in the west coast connection thread "What rapper should just call it quits?"

even though he has pretty much retired, I must say eminem has past his prime and doesn't need to touch the mic OR production board ever again. I stopped liking eminem after the eminem show. his shit after that was stupid, uncreative, and uninspiring. i couldn't believe that he had transformed so much from the marshall mathers LP to what he has become today. granted, he is a very creative artist, however, it seems like once the money got to him, he felt like he didn't have to put out good music anymore. i believe it all started with the 8 mile soundtrack, when he thought he could create his own master beats and be the worlds top producer AND mc. once the SALES "proved" this, it further fortified in his head that with the amount of money and fan base that he had, he could put out anything, anytime, no matter the subject, and make records sell. I really hope em doesn't make another record. i keep hearing him feature on rapper's albums and i think "it's only time before he makes a comeback." In an end note, i give much respect for eminem and his endeavor to raise his daughter. However, i feel that he has passed his prime, and needs to permanently put down the mic. god knows he has enough money to do so. RIP eminem 2002.

tell me your thoughts fellas, and lemme know what you think.

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Eminem..Dead since Eminem Show??
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 11:54:50 PM »
RIP eminem 2002.

It's crazy to think of, it really has been 6 years since has has been consistantly dope,

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 01:44:35 AM »
Other than the death of Proof, what else is there for him to talk about that he hasn't already touched on?  He's already made his mark in the game, so maybe he feels like there's nothing left for him to prove anymore?  He's caked up, so where is the inspiration in that?

The only thing that MIGHT wake up the old "Infinite/SSLP/MMLP" Eminem would be a diss record from a popular mainstream artist who is on top right now?  Weezy?  Kanye?  Basically any hip hop artist (who is lyrically above average) that can go platinum within 3 months.  But even if that happened, would a diss record be enough to bring back that kind of inspiration again?  It worked for Nas when Jay dissed him in 2001, so maybe it'd work for Em too?  Nastradamus did to Nas what Encore did to Eminem.  Thanks to Jay, Nas was able to rejuvenate his career by delivering Ether in a "5 Mic" album called Stillmatic.  But in all honesty, I don't think anyone with mainstream status would challenge Em like that? 

Either way though, I won't be mad if dude doesn't put out another album.  His good outweighs his bad by a lot, so his legacy is intact. 

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 01:01:28 PM »
i think hes torn in all directions, wether its making hits, or making songs he really wants to, i think he wants to elevate, but created this niche for himself he feels he cant get out of, i would love to see some new eminem shit, but if it sucks, hes dead for good, cause an encore pt 2 is only getting 1 listen from me

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 01:55:18 PM »

According to hip hop game, he has massive weight problems at the moment, so much so that slim fast want to make him a spokesperson lol.

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 08:31:30 PM »
good points by everyone.

According to hip hop game, he has massive weight problems at the moment, so much so that slim fast want to make him a spokesperson lol.

lol. no shit?

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 08:35:28 PM »
Rumors Homie..
So If Em did gain hella weight, would his look's make ya hate on a dope album?

hey man, Eminem is Eminem I don't care what dude look's like.
I'm not the biggest fan of Em, But he had some joint's that are still Blaze'able

"Cleaning out my Closet"
"Stan"
"Lose Yourself" ect..

G.F.G. Records

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • http://www.youtube.com/BiggRayWest
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 06:33:27 AM »
He Lost Me With That Encore Shyt... :pimp:

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 04:23:18 PM »

http://www.nme.com/news/eminem/33746

Weight loss product company Slim-Fast have offered Eminem the chance to be an ambassador for the product.

Reports from various sources have suggested that the rapper has gained a lot of weight recently, prompting the company to get in touch.

According to Yahoo news, a spokesperson for Slim-Fast said: “Slim-Fast is a programme that can really work for someone like Eminem. It's a do-able and flexible approach.

“Slim-Fast would love to offer Eminem product and assistance to help him become a potential S-F success story.”

I never said I was hating on him, I think he is a great rapper, but some of the things he said about easy targets was a bit too much at time like christopher reeves, kind of feel what goes around comes around.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 05:14:32 PM »
RIP eminem 2002.

It's crazy to think of, it really has been 6 years since has has been consistantly dope,

chill

dude used to be one of my 2 favorite rappers now hes considererd just a joke :(

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 06:31:15 PM »
RIP eminem 2002.

chill

dude used to be one of my 2 favorite rappers now hes considererd just a joke :(

tru, but this is old news. i mean he made one shit ass cd, a few bad guest apperances here and their. but i mean if you listen to a song lik "no apologizes" and "the re-up" on that re-up mixtape/album, he really kills it IMO. and thats his most recent stuff so i would assume hes headed on the right track, wouldnt you say?

Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 06:32:49 PM »
this may shock some, but i've NEVER heard an eminem solo. NEVER. not that i dis-like dude, i just never had :-\

and it's crazy cause

a) as i was really growin up (i still am lol, only 17) he was THE SHIT all over the place
b) i like to listen 2 all kinds of artists and their discographies

i plan on doing his discography soon

i actually heard "encore" but it wasn't much of a proper listen + it was a long ass time ago
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 06:37:20 PM »
this may shock some, but i've NEVER heard an eminem solo. NEVER. not that i dis-like dude, i just never had :-\

and it's crazy cause

a) as i was really growin up (i still am lol, only 17) he was THE SHIT all over the place
b) i like to listen 2 all kinds of artists and their discographies

i plan on doing his discography soon

i actually heard "encore" but it wasn't much of a proper listen + it was a long ass time ago

whaaaaaaaaa? yoooo luna check out "The Slim Shady LP" and "The Marshall Mathers LP". his DOPEST shit right there. "The Eminem Show" was another monsterous cd by em. damn homie, uve been missin out lol.

D~Nice

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 06:38:12 PM »
Eminem got caught up in the same mess alot of these other artists have. That cliche single that is pop music. As funny as him dissing Moby and N Sync was, it was corny and he did singles like Without Me one too many times. Encore is a perfect example of Em thinking he could literally shit on a song and it would still sell. That was a waste of some good Dre beats.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 06:41:07 PM »
Eminem got caught up in the same mess alot of these other artists have. That cliche single that is pop music. As funny as him dissing Moby and N Sync was, it was corny and he did singles like Without Me one too many times. Encore is a perfect example of Em thinking he could literally shit on a song and it would still sell. That was a waste of some good Dre beats.

like the song "rain man" WTF was that shit? it was funny, on the song dre like falls asleep and em has to wake him up, but i dont rele blame dre for fallin asleep on shit lik that.