Author Topic: Im thinking "Gangstaz Pt.2" and "Same Day Different Shit"...  (Read 292 times)

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
Im thinking "Gangstaz Pt.2" and "Same Day Different Shit"...
« on: January 27, 2008, 11:21:31 AM »
When I frequented DUBCNN, I used to preach this a lot. I've let time past and I can finally say with marination and confidence that S.D.D.S may be the second best Kurupt album I've heard in ever. Its so consistent and cohesive, the dark mood/vibe will probably either be hit or miss, alongside the lyricism but I think as an album it can rival any other collection he's had pressed. I'm also thinking this one album has gotten more play from me than Cali Iz Active and both Dogg Chit. "Gangstaz Pt.2" is probably one of the top three best DPG songs I've heard since 01. What are your thoughts.

Blood$

Re: Im thinking "Gangstaz Pt.2" and "Same Day Different Shit"...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 11:22:42 AM »
that album was aiight but it ain't on the level of Kurupt's first 3 albums... IMO  8)

cantoms

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 11:52:03 AM »
IMO, S.D.D.S. is one of Kurupt's weaker albums.  That's only because of what it's up against.  I would say that Streetz and Space Boogie are his best two albums.  As I said in another thread, I didn't feel Kuruption at all and would have to say that it's his worst album.  I actually liked both versions of Against Tha Grain - Death Row & DPG - and have to give those two a slight edge over S.D.D.S.  When I first heard S.D.D.S., I hated it, but after a few spins, I discovered that it had potential.  Usually Kurupt and Daz's stuff hits me immediately (with the exception of Kuruption and Gangsta Party), so that's why this one's near the bottom of my list.

I have to agree with you though about "Gangstaz Pt. 2".  It's a tight track. 8)

D~Nice

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 11:55:57 AM »
I still bump that album. I took alot of karma hits for talking about that album here, but I don't give a shit. I enjoyed it. Daz and Ivan had some dope beats and I thought it was consistent. Excluding Gangstas Pt 2, I thought it was solid, nothing groundbreaking or multiple quotables like his other albums. Nina Breeda is my shit off that album.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 11:59:52 AM »
I really wasn't big on Kuruption myself, but I'm probably going to stack it a bit above ATG (this is barely).

Quote from: D~Nice
I took alot of karma hits for talking about that album here
ooohhh me and you both.

D~Nice

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 12:00:46 PM »
When I frequented DUBCNN, I used to preach this a lot. I've let time past and I can finally say with marination and confidence that S.D.D.S may be the second best Kurupt album I've heard in ever. Its so consistent and cohesive, the dark mood/vibe will probably either be hit or miss, alongside the lyricism but I think as an album it can rival any other collection he's had pressed. I'm also thinking this one album has gotten more play from me than Cali Iz Active and both Dogg Chit. "Gangstaz Pt.2" is probably one of the top three best DPG songs I've heard since 01. What are your thoughts.

Agreed on I also played this album more than Cali Iz Active

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 12:03:19 PM »
i get high is a great track

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Lunatic

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 12:03:31 PM »
def a good album. his 3rd best behind tha streets & space boogie
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 12:06:22 PM »
but wait though, this and C.I.A came out in like a 3-4 day span of one and other didnt they? lol thats probably why its got more play.

I know when I first heard C.I.A I skipped around a lot (now C.I.A is dope as hell to me) but SDDS was more familarizing I guess.

D~Nice

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 12:07:59 PM »
I really wasn't big on Kuruption myself, but I'm probably going to stack it a bit above ATG (this is barely).

Quote from: D~Nice
I took alot of karma hits for talking about that album here
ooohhh me and you both.

I remember first posting that Gangstas Pt 2 on here and most would not even listen to it. They deemed it wack before listening to it. I was blown away by how lyrical both of them were on it.

D~Nice

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 12:08:46 PM »
but wait though, this and C.I.A came out in like a 3-4 day span of one and other didnt they? lol thats probably why its got more play.

I know when I first heard C.I.A I skipped around a lot (now C.I.A is dope as hell to me) but SDDS was more familarizing I guess.

They both came out the same day. I remember going to Best Buy and picking both of them up.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 12:31:59 PM »
same, I was impressed by what they did. the beat's hard as fuck PLUS they got some quotables:

"considerations out of the question, im suicide ridin'
motherfuckers its not an option its not a suggestion"

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

D~Nice

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 01:16:33 PM »
same, I was impressed by what they did. the beat's hard as fuck PLUS they got some quotables:

"considerations out of the question, im suicide ridin'
motherfuckers its not an option its not a suggestion"

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Probably also beat wise the best Daz beats since D&YGII.

D~Nice

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 01:30:07 PM »

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 05:14:48 PM »
props to everybody for recognizing this dope album 8)