Author Topic: Pau Gasol traded to the Lakers  (Read 969 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Pau Gasol traded to the Lakers
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2008, 12:46:47 AM »
Those 2 draft picks are going to be late first rounders and Crittenton was never gonna have a chance to develop with Fisher and Farmar ahead of him. We have enough young players as is, Gasol is a fuckin blessing.

Today fuckin rocked. I woke up to this trade, had some panda express, then got some fellatio to top the night off. Let me go to sleep now before someone / somethin fucks it up.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Doggystylin

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2008, 12:50:00 AM »
Those 2 draft picks are going to be late first rounders and Crittenton was never gonna have a chance to develop with Fisher and Farmar ahead of him. We have enough young players as is, Gasol is a fuckin blessing.

Today fuckin rocked. I woke up to this trade, had some panda express, then got some fellatio to top the night off. Let me go to sleep now before someone / somethin fucks it up.

fuck you mothafucka, ima kill you

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2008, 12:52:09 AM »
Bynum, Walton, and Farmar are the Lakers' future. They are more then capable of continuing the glory of the Los Angeles Lakers for years to come. Critt was going to be buried on the bench until Fisher or Farmar left anyways.

Fisher, Bryant, Odom, Gasol, Bynum in the starting 5= A dream come true. 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2008, 01:02:33 AM »
The Lakers better win the fuckin championship now.  Giving away Crit + 2 first rounders?  I don't know about all that.  The Lakers will be tough, but I think they were going to be legit w/ just Kobe and Bynum and a good pg like farmar. 

I don't think this move was necessary, and I think they gave up too much.

Finally, some respect for J-Critt...While I think it's a stretch to say the Lakers gave up too much, the deal isn't as lopsided as people are making it out to be. J-Critt definitely has a great future, but first round picks don't mean much when you're a team that builds for the now. Gasol is an amazing player and this move will only inspire him to play even better. Lakers are now unquestionably elite contenders at the top of the west...PeACe

wcsoldier

« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2008, 01:19:13 AM »
As others said , Critt would have been wasted here .. cant get significant PT behind Kobe at the 2 and regarding the PG position Im hella happy with Jordan potential, I mean this guy is a winner and a hard worker .. look at the improvments he has already made between his rookie and Sophomore season .. dude makes lil mistakes running the offense and the way he improved his J is just IMPRESSIVE .. Critt showed some flashs of brilliance without a doubt but he is a little too careless when it comes to taking care of the ball and too many useless highlights type of moves .. of course hes just a rookie so hes gonna improve but if he had THAT much of potential, the FO wouldnt have trade him .. at the end of the day, he can be an All Star but he wont be a top 5-10 player in the league , hes no Kobe, no Lebron ect ..

D~Nice

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2008, 01:26:43 AM »
The Lakers better win the fuckin championship now.  Giving away Crit + 2 first rounders?  I don't know about all that.  The Lakers will be tough, but I think they were going to be legit w/ just Kobe and Bynum and a good pg like farmar. 

I don't think this move was necessary, and I think they gave up too much.

Finally, some respect for J-Critt...While I think it's a stretch to say the Lakers gave up too much, the deal isn't as lopsided as people are making it out to be. J-Critt definitely has a great future, but first round picks don't mean much when you're a team that builds for the now. Gasol is an amazing player and this move will only inspire him to play even better. Lakers are now unquestionably elite contenders at the top of the west...PeACe

Congrats and a good pickup. The Lakers made the trade Chicago should have at the very least entertained or did last year. Fucking John Paxson.  >:(

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2008, 03:01:31 AM »
They're saying he might play Sunday. 8)

Cool. Sunday night i won't sleep. My tv is ready for the show! :)
the game is at 6 pm European time .. you dont even have to stay awake  8)

What?? This has to be my lucky week, ahahah..

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2008, 03:29:11 AM »
Lakers are now elite team alongside Suns, Mavs, Spurs, Celtics & Pistons ... & memphis is definitely a contender for worst team in the league for years to come despite the first "high" picks they'll have (even if navarro & gay are great).

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2008, 03:34:11 AM »
My man Navarro won't stay. Watch him joining the Lakers ASAP.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2008, 04:30:05 AM »
LoL@Jerry West ruining the entire franchise to help the Lakers. The fact that he's still alive proves that Memphis has no fans.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

thisoneguy360

« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2008, 09:06:41 AM »
I agree that Crittenton has great potential but Memphis just seems like a better place for him now, LA's a top West team and they've already got Fish and Farmar, this will give him a chance to develop a little quicker

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2008, 10:04:30 AM »
I agree that Crittenton has great potential but Memphis just seems like a better place for him now, LA's a top West team and they've already got Fish and Farmar, this will give him a chance to develop a little quicker

You're right, it still hurts though.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2008, 11:57:26 AM »
LoL@Jerry West ruining the entire franchise to help the Lakers. The fact that he's still alive proves that Memphis has no fans.

What are you talking about? They got an exceptional young talent in Javaris Crittenton and 2 future first round picks...There's been WAY worse trades for unhappy superstars.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2008, 11:59:35 AM »
My man Navarro won't stay. Watch him joining the Lakers ASAP.

I'm not a big fan of Navarro...He's a good shooter in a point guards body. We already have a bigger version of him in Sasha.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2008, 12:07:55 PM »
This trade ruined my weekend.. I don't have to explain myself at all. Fuck this.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin