Author Topic: my 7 foot spanish brother will be back in the line up VS portland  (Read 169 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
The sprained left ankle is not 100 percent healed, but the Los Angeles Lakers will take whatever Pau Gasol can provide at center.

Gasol, who missed nine games because of the injury, is expected to be on the court Wednesday night, when the Lakers play the Portland Trail Blazers at Staples Center.

Gasol had played in a brief scrimmage Saturday, and participated in a full practice Tuesday, reporting progress with each workout.

"That's the main question, right?" Gasol said in The Los Angeles Times. "If nothing crazy happens and the ankle responds well to the work today, I think it's a pretty good guess that I'll be out there."

Lakers coach Phil Jackson said Gasol would start on Wednesday, but the playing time would be adjusted depending on how the ankle reacted.

"He'll probably have swelling for the next six weeks," Jackson said, according to The Times. "Anybody who's had a severely sprained ankle knows that it just goes on and on. Eventually it subsides, but it's still going to be an issue for a while."

Gasol, averaging 18.9 points and 8.5 rebounds, had been filling in for Andrew Bynum, who has been out with an injured knee since January. The Lakers are 15-4 with Gasol in the lineup, and 5-4 without him.

"Can't wait to work him back in the mix and get him out on the floor," Kobe Bryant said in The Times.

Bynum, meanwhile, has been doing some drills on his own, but has not practiced with the team. Bynum likely will join the Lakers for the upcoming road trip to Sacramento and Portland to get him back into a routine, and, as Jackson said jokingly in The Times, "so he can hang out a little bit with his teammates and remember their names."

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: my 7 foot spanish brother will be back in the line up VS portland
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 02:06:59 PM »
"He'll probably have swelling for the next six weeks," Jackson said, according to The Times. "Anybody who's had a severely sprained ankle knows that it just goes on and on. Eventually it subsides, but it's still going to be an issue for a while."

Exactly...I've had one of these, and it can last for over a year. You can still play on it, though.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 02:18:24 PM »
I can't wait till Bynum gets back. We have a real shot to go all the way this year. And next year, no one has a chance (unless, God forbid, we have another injury ridden season).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 03:19:58 PM »
(unless, God forbid, we have another injury ridden season).

SHUT YOUR MOUTH! :-X

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 04:24:48 PM »
yeah i've had sprained ankles a million times.

they rank them on a scale of 1 2 and 3

i've had all three and a 1 is whatever it goes away within a week

a two hurts more than a bitch but it's playable

a three is something you should stay off of for a month or so

so this his sounds like 2.5 lol, but it'll go down, especially by playoff time.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09