Author Topic: Nate Dogg - Self-Titled scrapped Elektra album MASTERED (link)  (Read 2036 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Nate Dogg - Self-Titled scrapped Elektra album MASTERED (link)
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2008, 10:24:09 AM »
Yeah these came out sounding really nice. Compression and dynamic range seldom go hand and hand, generally with more of one you have less of the other but I used some tricks to keep everything in balance.

You'll definitely need to listen to these on something better than laptop speakers, burn it to a CD and play it in any decent stereo and you'll hear the difference. Immediately you should notice the increase in volume on these compared to the originals and that should be discernible  even on a laptop, but to appreciate the warmth/color, cohesiveness, punch and clarity you'll probably need something better. Also, if everything sounds just like any regular CD you would buy in a store then you've already heard the difference, that's what I did  :)               

Glad people liked it, I know over the years there's been a lot of other songs that leaked from the studio but never made it to mastering and most of those I no longer have. If people want to post them I'd deff give it a shot. Of course what comes out depends on how it sounds going in but for anything that sounds as good/close to this album then there's potential.

whats good folx?
if you could upload the other traccs in zshare Id appreciate it, 1 by 1 how you did at the start!  or as many traccs as you can, I already got the first 5. 
ive been wantin to get this for years!  i cant get any muzik any other way!
i appreciate any help!
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Ese Torsido

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2008, 10:58:14 AM »
Can anyone tell me what mastering a record means?

MarshColin

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2008, 12:18:57 PM »
Can anyone tell me what mastering a record means?

Mastering is the last step in the creation process. It involves equalizing, compressing, limiting and a few other processes to make a record sound as loud and clean as possible without distortion. It also makes each song on the album have similar characteristics so it sounds the same.

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2008, 12:26:00 PM »
Why wont part 2 extract?

^^ Don't worry about that. Props for this.
why are you disregarding it, let Efran make the call.  The guy wasn't trying to point out a negative by asking why part 2 doesn't extract.  I was wondering the same thing.  The part 2 .rar only has one track titled "Right Back Where You Are", but many of us still want to hear it.  Any chance part 2 can be fixed and re-upped?  or better yet, since its only one track can it uploaded to zshare in mp3 format?

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2008, 12:56:53 PM »
props man  8)

i see on wikipedia there are 3 more tracks on this album

18 What Would You Do" (Bonus track) (featuring Butch Cassidy and Mariah Carey) (produced by Damizza)
19 "Walk a Mile" (Bonus track) (featuring Shade Sheist, N.U.N.E. and Vita) (produced by Damizza)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Dogg_%28album%29

I'm not sure but them tracks appeared on shade Sheist,'s album..
Plus 'What Would You Do'..there's no version of that song..one with Mariah Carey..and another one with Nune droppin the fist verse...will have to check but i'm sure there r 2 version-Props by the way
Efrain you did a Good Job...
+1
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2008, 01:05:28 PM »
damn thanks efrain. im realy  ;D

aslo 2 extract the 2nd part just extract pt 1 and track 17 will auto rip for you,
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 01:15:34 PM by jory »

Efrain

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2008, 01:17:08 PM »
Why wont part 2 extract?

why are you disregarding it, let Efran make the call.  The guy wasn't trying to point out a negative by asking why part 2 doesn't extract.  I was wondering the same thing.  The part 2 .rar only has one track titled "Right Back Where You Are", but many of us still want to hear it.  Any chance part 2 can be fixed and re-upped?  or better yet, since its only one track can it uploaded to zshare in mp3 format?

I can re-upload if you're not getting the full thing but the part2.rar shouldn't be an file you need to extract. Once you try to extract pt 1 it should automatically extract the pt2. It should be a package deal, like you shouldn't be able to extract one without the other. But if you aren't getting the last song I'll upload it just let me know. The last song is "Right Back Where You Are", if you have that then you have the whole thing. 

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2008, 01:49:56 PM »
damn thanks efrain. im realy  ;D

aslo 2 extract the 2nd part just extract pt 1 and track 17 will auto rip for you,
I don't understand what that means.  I extracted part 1 and I got 2 error messages.  The first has the file name for track 17 and says "the file is corrupt".  The second error says "Unexpected end of archive".  I don't know how track 17 is supposed to auto-rip, can you provide some technical assistance please?

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2008, 01:55:29 PM »
Why wont part 2 extract?

I can re-upload if you're not getting the full thing but the part2.rar shouldn't be an file you need to extract. Once you try to extract pt 1 it should automatically extract the pt2. It should be a package deal, like you shouldn't be able to extract one without the other. But if you aren't getting the last song I'll upload it just let me know. The last song is "Right Back Where You Are", if you have that then you have the whole thing. 
I undersnatd what you mean, cause I keep getting an error message now that reads "You have to extract a previous volume to unpack..., but im still having trouble, I don't know what you have to do to make it automatically extract the second part.  Even when I highlight both parts 1 and 2 and extract at the same time I get the same error messages.  Appreciate the help if you can upload the last song, maybe its just my computer. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 01:59:54 PM by LodiDodi »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2008, 02:16:48 PM »
Props Efrain, you definetly got an ear for this, sound quality is great.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2008, 04:04:42 PM »
Efrain major props for this, props to vance for the covers also.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2008, 07:35:55 AM »
just extract part 1.
then look in your nate dogg folder, track 17 will be in the folder.

Invincible

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2008, 05:51:22 PM »
Yo Efrain have you ever tried mastering tracks like Next Episode OG (probably impossible) and Can't C Us by Tha Dogg pound?

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2008, 06:10:24 PM »
Props for this. "There She Goes" is my favorite track from the album. 8)

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2008, 07:14:12 PM »
props man  8)

i see on wikipedia there are 3 more tracks on this album

18 What Would You Do" (Bonus track) (featuring Butch Cassidy and Mariah Carey) (produced by Damizza)
19 "Walk a Mile" (Bonus track) (featuring Shade Sheist, N.U.N.E. and Vita) (produced by Damizza)
20 "Dead Wrong" (Bonus track) (featuring Ms. Jade and Timbaland) (produced by Timbaland)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Dogg_%28album%29

"What Would You Do"- http://www.zshare.net/audio/81499243b4e5e7/
"Walk A Mile"- http://www.zshare.net/audio/815000058d5e0d/
"Dead Wrong"- http://www.zshare.net/audio/81500364fb156d/
Thanks for this remastered version Efrain. Sounds nice!