Author Topic: "Kobe has better basketball skills than Jordan had" -Phil Jackson  (Read 3692 times)

wcsoldier

Re: "Kobe has better basketball skills than Jordan had" -Phil Jackson
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2008, 08:03:08 AM »
not possible this nigga koba not even better than Lebron soo how he better than Jordan
how about get your black panther ass out of this thread , come back in the G Spot and tell everybody how Larry Bird and John Stockton were the representation of the devil on a B-Ball court

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2008, 08:20:02 AM »
Jordan> Lebron> Kobe
PJ Carlesimo> Phil Jackson
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

tempo2

« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2008, 08:36:20 AM »
kobe is a great player in fact one of the best, but he just aint on jordans level....soryy but he aint. I orderd a game off pontel the other week and it was the bulls v bullets in 92 i think it was. Just watching that game was a glimpse at how good jordan actually was. his fadeaway was damm near unstopable from the post up posistion. Until kobe has those 6 rings thats the way it gunna be for me.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2008, 08:48:59 AM »
Okay how is he wrong? Kobe has more range, an unlimited arsenal of moves, and more intensity. Wanna stop Jordan? Force him to take 3s. Keep Kobe out of the paint and he'll knock down long range js from anywhere. All Kobe needs is an MVP and another ring or 2 and this debate will be too close for the haters to feel comfortable.

PS: Didn't Tex Winter just say Kobe has better leadership skills than Jordan?

even if he did win, Jordan will always be considered the best player ever. Just because he was the first one to accomplish what he did, get the endorsment and advertising he did.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2008, 11:18:37 AM »
jordan:  5 MVPs, 6 rings, Rookie of the year, 10 scoring titles (#1 all time PPG), 5987 playoff points (33.4 PPG)

kobe: 0 MVPs, 3 rings, 2 scoring titles, 3053 playoff points (23.3 PPG)

lebron: 0, 0, 1 scoring title, 901 playoff points (27.3 PPG)

thats where we stand at this point in time.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2008, 12:24:42 PM »
the mvps are very big

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2008, 12:46:27 PM »
the mvps are very big

yeah, being THE number one player in the league 5 times

not "the best all around talent"

but THE best player in the league of 300 players, thats crazy.
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2008, 01:52:36 PM »
Hack Wilson came thru with the nail in the coffin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2008, 02:29:31 PM »
NIK, think what you wanna think.  Jordan is the GOAT.   8)

but Jordan had Luc Longely on his team, Kobe never had someone that good!!!

Longely was consistent... Paxon and Armstrong were good role players. You don't win 72 games on just one superstar. You win because you have a team of good players that know how to execute.

Plus Rodman won 2 rings before ever joining the Bulls. I shouldn't even have to defend Pippen.

Don't even respond to this guy...dude is making a mockery out of himself.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2008, 02:35:37 PM »
As of now the main difference between MJ and Kobe is the shot selection .. through his carreer , MJ has been INCREDIBLY efficient when it comes to hitting his spots in the triangle and knocked down the Js .. Jordan knew from where he was the most efficient i.e the fadeway jumper from the 4th spot in the triangle and that 17-18 feet jumper from the wing ... from those who actually watched lots of MJ games, it's impressive how many 40+ or 50+ pts he had by hitting his "usual" shots .. don't get me wrong , the fadeaway is hard to knock down but he was unstoppable with it and just keep on using that move ... on the other side Kobe got more range and can hit from anywhere and it may be the problem when it comes to efficiency ... Kobe (it has been better since Gasol is here) is still taking "bad" shots , yep he can hit crazy shots but it hurts his FG percentage ... 45% for a player with his shooting skills isn't enough imo ..

I don't think Jordan had much of a better shot selection than Kobe, I just think he had way less range and was placed in way less bail out situations. He never went for those remarkable 35+ foot fadeaways or shot over 3 defenders with the clock winding down like Kobe is known for, because he wasn't placed in those circumstances nearly as much. If Jordan had better range and less of a triangle to work with, his percentage would be way down.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2008, 02:38:28 PM »
Okay how is he wrong? Kobe has more range, an unlimited arsenal of moves, and more intensity. Wanna stop Jordan? Force him to take 3s. Keep Kobe out of the paint and he'll knock down long range js from anywhere. All Kobe needs is an MVP and another ring or 2 and this debate will be too close for the haters to feel comfortable.

PS: Didn't Tex Winter just say Kobe has better leadership skills than Jordan?

even if he did win, Jordan will always be considered the best player ever. Just because he was the first one to accomplish what he did, get the endorsment and advertising he did.

And George Mikan was the first one to accomplish being an NBA superstar, does that make him better than Jordan? You gotta use better logic than that when comparing talent.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2008, 02:40:21 PM »
jordan:  5 MVPs, 6 rings, Rookie of the year, 10 scoring titles (#1 all time PPG), 5987 playoff points (33.4 PPG)

kobe: 0 MVPs, 3 rings, 2 scoring titles, 3053 playoff points (23.3 PPG)

lebron: 0, 0, 1 scoring title, 901 playoff points (27.3 PPG)

thats where we stand at this point in time.

Notice how we're comparing skill level, not resumes. LOL

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2008, 02:45:10 PM »
the mvps are very big

yeah, being THE number one player in the league 5 times

not "the best all around talent"

but THE best player in the league of 300 players, thats crazy.

Yea, MVP awards are very "crazy", considering bias jorunalists get to hand 'em out...Steve Nash is better than Kobe as well, right? "Nail in the coffin". LOL.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2008, 03:56:31 PM »
someone's cranky just because his boy isn't worthy of winning MVP

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2008, 04:23:26 PM »
Kobe isn't worthy?! OMG. I'm out.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"