Author Topic: Dallas Mavericks AT Los Angeles Lakers  (Read 1162 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Dallas Mavericks AT Los Angeles Lakers
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2008, 10:21:46 AM »
Oh NIK, why are you unable to have a convo without being childish?

Are you serious that Odom is NOT injury prone? He never played more than 76 games in a season with the Clipperes. One season he missed more than half the season another season he barely played over half games. This dude has missed about 20 games a season at least 5 seasons. But yeah, he's not injury prone. I was in Miami for one of the Playoff games against the Hornets in 04. I was there for Game 6. I don't even remember if Odom played or not. What I do remember was that Eddie Jones and Dwayne Wade killed it. And from what I remember from that season that Eddie Jones LED the team. Odom was the second option. And Dwayne Wade was not too far from being that first or second option himself. At this point, I know for a fact Odom is NOT averaging a double double with the Lakers. He's barely averaged 10 reb's twice (this season included). Unless he gets the rebounds up this season, he still won't be averaging a double double. Get your facts up. So yeah... Clipper fans know it can't get worse than Elgin Baylor, since he picked up Odom 4th in a draft where Marion, Miller, Rip Hamilton, AK47 and Manu came after.

Ummm...First and foremost, Odom>Marion, Miller, and AK...LOL. I'm not being childish, it's just a disgrace for anyone to say they wouldn't want Odom on their team. Especially a team that's as bad as the Clippers. And sorry to burst your bubble, but Odom was considered the leader of that Heat team, averaging 17 points, 10 boards, and 4 assists. Those are stats ANY team would welcome. BTW, Odom has pretty much been averaging a double-double in 3 of his 4 seasons with the Lakers (well, one of those seasons he actually grabbed 9.8 RPG, with the other season going 15 - 9.2 - 5.5). I just don't believe anyone would decline a player of Odom's caliber. You act like we're talking about Luke Walton or something...this is Lamar freakin' Odom. In his 8 years in the league, he averages 64 games played a year. That's extremely good, considering the injuries he's had. Odom is not injury prone, he just hasn't had the best of luck. The way he plays, he throws his body around a lot, so he's had his share of typical basketball injuries. Injury prone players don't heal quick, they don't heal 100%, and they don't play through injuries like Odom. What in this debate makes me childish? As far as I'm concerned, you're the childish one, claiming you wouldn't want an all-star caliber talent on your shitty team all because he plays for the Lakers...

SGV

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2008, 02:37:40 PM »
"Genius" "I guarantee you didn't see..." Yeah... you're being extremely mature.

You're the only person that thinks Odom is this great player. Odom was already on the Clippers, what did he do for them? Not much. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is a fact. I would decline Odom on the Clippers because he's already proven to me that he's not a good leader (though you think he is). He's an inconsistent 2nd option. So, what would he bring to the Clippers? They don't need a player like that, who on top of that, is out for a fourth of the season on average. You think the Clippers need a "key" player out a fourth of the season? LOL. So yeah... He brings nothing to the table for the Clippers. He's a decent 3rd option and that's that. I don't think the Clippers need a decent 3rd option more than they need a solid veteran leader.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2008, 02:56:23 PM »

You're the only person that thinks Odom is this great player. Odom was already on the Clippers, what did he do for them? Not much. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is a fact. I would decline Odom on the Clippers because he's already proven to me that he's not a good leader (though you think he is). He's an inconsistent 2nd option. So, what would he bring to the Clippers? They don't need a player like that, who on top of that, is out for a fourth of the season on average. You think the Clippers need a "key" player out a fourth of the season? LOL. So yeah... He brings nothing to the table for the Clippers. He's a decent 3rd option and that's that. I don't think the Clippers need a decent 3rd option more than they need a solid veteran leader.

By the way you were talking, you either didn't see Odom lead the Heat to the Eastern-Semis, or you're just completely brain dead...Pick one. It's not a diss, I'm just tellin' it like it is. Odom on the Clippers and Odom now are two different players. And when he was on the Clippers he was the leader of that team...Now, he'd be a 3rd option behind Brand and Maggette. Possibly a 4th behind Kaman, as well. You say he's a decent third option? LMFAO Odom is currently the best 3rd option in the league, and that's on the hottest team. How would you NOT want that? Shaun Livingston is WAYYY more injury prone than Odom. Does that mean you don't want Livingston to return? I guess you wouldn't want Marcus Camby or TJ Ford either. Yao Ming? Dwyane Wade? Would you decline them too?...Odom is just as injury prone as anyone out there. The fact that he's been through some nasty spills and collisions doesn't equate to him being injury prone. Frankly, his injuries coulda' happened to anybody. And even if he were injury prone, that's still no excuse to say you wouldn't approve of him on your roster...PeACe

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2008, 03:08:46 PM »
LOL at Odom looking like a high schooler.. he did a great job on Dirk through the 1st 3 QTRs , Dirk was just unstoppable and hit tough shots in the 4th and OT .. what are supposed to do when a 7 footer is hitting fadeaways ? the only thing is to double teamed him but leavin Terry , Howard or Stack opened isn't a smart thing to do .. when great players are on fire, there is nothing you can do .. you just try to force them to take tough shots  and hope they miss

They're just mad that the Lakers are killing and wish they could have a double-double machine like Odom on their team...

i got KG on my team, fuck Lamar Odom  ::)

Odom would be 6th man of the year playing for the Celtics behind Pierce and KG...

i'm fine with what we got now
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

SGV

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2008, 03:10:52 PM »
There goes the childish behavior yet again.

Odom did not lead the Heat to the semi's. At least not that I remember. You seem to remember, so show me a link. Show me something that says "Lamar Odom leads the Miami Heat into the Eastern Conference Semi's." Again, like I said, why would the Clippers need a third option? Considering how well Kaman is playing this year, he's still an option. So, the Clippers have their three solid options and don't need Odom. For what? What does he bring to the table? Answer that. Rebounds? Kaman and Brand bring that. Scoring? Brand and Maggette bring that. When Livingston gets back after this injury, who knows how well he'll be playing. I wouldn't mind if the Clippers went out to bring in a solid veteran Point Guard for leadership. Yao, Camby, Wade and Ford would bring more to the Clippers even with their injuries when compared to Odom.

So you think the Clippers would benefit more from adding Odom than they would by adding a veteran PG?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2008, 03:16:16 PM »

By the way you were talking, you either didn't see Odom lead the Heat to the Eastern-Semis,

eddie jones and dewayne wade were on that team too ya know, and the eastern semi's isn't much of an accomplishment unless your first name is TRacy.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2008, 04:34:20 PM »
So you think the Clippers would benefit more from adding Odom than they would by adding a veteran PG?

The Vet PG Project is a Bust Bro..
I Say let the Ones There Develop Their game & More Importantly, Let's Pray Livingston
Get's Back To Playing at even 75%, Let Alone His full 100% (He's my fav Young PG in The Entire league)

With The Emergence of Al Thornton This year..
If Brand & Livingston & Kaman Come back to Full strength next season to The Lineup.
(If Maggette & Brand Decide To stay During The off Season That is...)
L.A. Will have 2 powerhouse teams next season.

On To The Odom thing...
I've been peeping this Thread Out And Can See Both Of Your Arguments Concerning The Clipps/Odom
I'd Agree That Lineup That NIK Posted With The Starting 5 (Including Lamar Odom) Would Be In The Playoffs Guranteed.
Also The Odom We See playing today in 08 is NOT The Same 'Ole Lamar We Seen on The Clippers or The Heat...
IMO Odom has elevated His game, Peep's need To Understand Lamar is One of Those Players Who Came With Baggage. (Personal prob's)
Odom is in a Different Place now, He's been Thru Enough Shit To Make Someone Want to Blast..Basketball Hasn't been His priority
For a While, Until Now & It Shows In His Play.

Players With Odom's Body Type & Ball Handles Are Exactly what A Coach Creams of...
& It's Sick To Think ABout, But Odom is a year Younger Than Kobe. (That's another Run...)

The Injury's early In Lamar's Basketball life are just That Injury's, But I'd take it A bit Further And Add lack of Focus!
Ever Since the Death Of His Son, Odom Has re-evaluated his Life First Then basketball. Now He's playing His Best.

Shit If I'm on A team needing a 6'10 Foward Who pushes/handles And Shoots the ball Like A guard.
Odom Would be The Fit On Any team, I'd take 29 double-double's on My team. Wait..  8)

« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 05:13:28 PM by Hatesrats™ »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2008, 04:55:56 PM »
LOL at Odom looking like a high schooler.. he did a great job on Dirk through the 1st 3 QTRs , Dirk was just unstoppable and hit tough shots in the 4th and OT .. what are supposed to do when a 7 footer is hitting fadeaways ? the only thing is to double teamed him but leavin Terry , Howard or Stack opened isn't a smart thing to do .. when great players are on fire, there is nothing you can do .. you just try to force them to take tough shots  and hope they miss

They're just mad that the Lakers are killing and wish they could have a double-double machine like Odom on their team...

i got KG on my team, fuck Lamar Odom  ::)

Odom would be 6th man of the year playing for the Celtics behind Pierce and KG...

i'm fine with what we got now

LOL...your team is dying (no pun intended) for some help off the bench.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2008, 05:07:38 PM »
There goes the childish behavior yet again.

Odom did not lead the Heat to the semi's. At least not that I remember. You seem to remember, so show me a link. Show me something that says "Lamar Odom leads the Miami Heat into the Eastern Conference Semi's." Again, like I said, why would the Clippers need a third option? Considering how well Kaman is playing this year, he's still an option. So, the Clippers have their three solid options and don't need Odom. For what? What does he bring to the table? Answer that. Rebounds? Kaman and Brand bring that. Scoring? Brand and Maggette bring that. When Livingston gets back after this injury, who knows how well he'll be playing. I wouldn't mind if the Clippers went out to bring in a solid veteran Point Guard for leadership. Yao, Camby, Wade and Ford would bring more to the Clippers even with their injuries when compared to Odom.

Try typing "odom led heat" or "Odom's Heat" in a google search...Now try that with Eddie Jones. It was clear that Odom was the leader of that team, it's not my fault you "can't remember". Odom not only had the best stats on that team, but also averaged the most minutes played...Quit tryna argue something you can't. You ask what Odom bring's to the table? LMAO. How about playmaking. The best passer from the 3 spot in the league. How 'bout amazing rebounding ability for a small forward (ANY team can use more boards). How 'bout some good defense, so that Maggette doesn't get burned on every possession playing the 3. LMAO@"what would Odom bring?". Odom is a complete player and can give your team pretty much anything. Do you know that Odom can play the point as well? I know the Clippers need some playmakers, and Odom is the definition of a playmaker. I never said you guys wouldn't benefit more by adding a true point guard, but saying you don't want Odom on your team is simply absurd...