Author Topic: Cassell expected to sign with Celtics once he clears waivers Monday  (Read 123 times)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The rich are about to get richer in the Eastern Conference.

The Boston Celtics are expected to sign Sam Cassell once the guard clears waivers at 6 p.m. ET on Monday, his agent David Falk told The Boston Globe. Cassell will likely be a backup to starting point guard Rajon Rondo but the 15-year veteran could see action during key late-game situations.

"We've talked to all the teams that expressed an interest in Sam and nothing is going to change," Falk told The Globe. "He's still going to sign with the Celtics. The only unknown is if some team claims him off waivers. But I consider that to be highly unlikely."

Cassell would join the big three in Boston with Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Cassell's former teammate in Minnesota, Kevin Garnett.

"If [Cassell] were to come here," a playful Garnett told the Boston Herald, "I don't think it would be a problem."

Rondo appeared to be in favor of adding a player that could potentially take some minutes away from the second-year player.

"[Celtics GM Danny Ainge] asked me how I felt about it," Rondo told the Herald. "I told him I thought it would be a great idea. It can only help me."

Going into Monday night's games, the Celtics have the best record in the NBA at 46-12 and lead the Detroit Pistons by 3˝ games for best record in the East.

-ESPN.com

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Lunatic

Re: Cassell expected to sign with Celtics once he clears waivers Monday
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 02:30:22 PM »
no surprise
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 05:03:36 PM »
nigga knows whats up
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 10:49:33 PM »
According To report's he (Cassell) Signed Tonight..
My Question is tho, since he signed Past The March 1st deadline.
Will he be Eligible for The playoffs?

Sparegeez

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 10:52:51 PM »
He'd be the first NBA player to star in an Alien movie. You won't need any special effects with his face anyways.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 10:59:05 PM »
^LOL...the alien looks more normal.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 12:25:04 AM »

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 12:02:40 PM »
According To report's he (Cassell) Signed Tonight..
My Question is tho, since he signed Past The March 1st deadline.
Will he be Eligible for The playoffs?

I thot a player was eligible as long as they were placed on waivers before the march 1st deadline?

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!