Author Topic: Who is that singin the hook/bridge on.......  (Read 147 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Who is that singin the hook/bridge on.......
« on: March 05, 2008, 03:52:08 PM »
We all know that there are hundreds of songs, especially West Coast songs, that have unknown and lesser known singers on them. At times, we'll hear these older songs, and not realize that this is somebody who has actually come out successfully, or someone who is part of a group that we know of. I didn't know that was Bobby Valentino on Roscoe's song "This is how we do" until a year or so later. I can't remember her name...but I think it was one girl who did the majority of the vocals on Death Row in that 92-96 era.

So...drop songs that have a singer on them that you don't recognize, and I'm sure someone on here knows who it is, and probably knows some things about them.

Dre Day - Who is that singin at the end? I would say Michell'e, but I don't see her listed in the Chronic credits online.

2Pac - To live and die in L.A. - The hook

Only in California - The adlibs at the hook

Dogg Pound - What would you do - The end

E-40 - Earl that's yo life - Hook

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: Who is that singin the hook/bridge on.......
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 03:54:38 PM »
On Dre Day and What Would You Do, that's Jewel who did most of the singing on the dpg songs during the death row era... on 2Pac 2 Live and Die IN LA and In California thats Val "Lady V" Young.

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 04:15:20 PM »
DR had some pretty good baccground/hook singers...Jewell was alright, she did her thang on MWTC, and I liked Val on Daz's RAW album.....There is no excuse for Latoiya Williams not to have at least 2 albums out by now  :'(...She's had to have enough recorded material to release an album even if she has to sell it via the internet.

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

BlastBacc187

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 06:19:40 PM »
We all know that there are hundreds of songs, especially West Coast songs, that have unknown and lesser known singers on them. At times, we'll hear these older songs, and not realize that this is somebody who has actually come out successfully, or someone who is part of a group that we know of. I didn't know that was Bobby Valentino on Roscoe's song "This is how we do" until a year or so later. I can't remember her name...but I think it was one girl who did the majority of the vocals on Death Row in that 92-96 era.

So...drop songs that have a singer on them that you don't recognize, and I'm sure someone on here knows who it is, and probably knows some things about them.

Dre Day - Who is that singin at the end? I would say Michell'e, but I don't see her listed in the Chronic credits online.

2Pac - To live and die in L.A. - The hook

Only in California - The adlibs at the hook

Dogg Pound - What would you do - The end

E-40 - Earl that's yo life - Hook

The background vocals on "Earl That's Yo Life' were sung by Otis & Shug. They also sang on E-40's "Hope I Don't Go Back", "Seasoned", "Pop Ya Collar" and others. They were probably best known for their work on "Player's Holiday" by T.W.D.Y. (Ant Banks's West Coast Supergroup).