Author Topic: Snoop's new Ego Trippin album is garbage!  (Read 1075 times)

evo

Snoop's new Ego Trippin album is garbage!
« on: March 13, 2008, 01:01:28 AM »
The last album has some decents tracks like Vato.... but this shit is garbage! appart from the Dj Quik track, and SD Is Out this album isnt worth harddrive space!

~Lucien~

Re: Snoop's new Ego Trippin album is garbage!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 05:16:57 AM »
YOU CAN'T HEAR JIMMY!!!

DEKO

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 05:18:56 AM »
The last album has some decents tracks like Vato.... but this shit is garbage! appart from the Dj Quik track, and SD Is Out this album isnt worth harddrive space!

You're right! I agree 200%! What a waste of time... >:(

Smoke

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 05:20:04 AM »
i agree , i can listen only 2 o3 tracks , really disappoint
i prefer Blue Carpet

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 05:20:33 AM »
i feel you on this one mate, there's a couple of decent tracks, 4 at the most....mind you i don't expect a good album from him anymore anyway....so its as i expected..

Plumma25

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 05:33:14 AM »
I have to disagree.  While I don't think its anywhere near classic level, I do like what he did on this record.  Only about 4 tracks I don't like, everything else I can dig.  There are plenty of tracks that are really good:

Press Play
SD Is Out
Neva Have To Worry (how can you not like this one?)
Sexual Eruption
Life Of Tha Party (really grew on me)
Waste Of Time (dope as fuck)
Sets Up
Deez Hollywood Nights
My Medicine
Those Gurlz
One Chance (Make It Good)
Can't Say Goodbye

All those tracks are fire.  The others are average.  I really don't like Gangsta Like Me, Let It Out, Riding In My Chevy and hate to say it but Cool.  Maybe they will grow on me but those are the only ones I'm skipping.  Everything else I like.  It think you're being way too hard on the record.  Listen again.
if you're girl has a leak tell her 2 call tha mothafuckin' Plumma named Pete, thats me.

SHAAD G

• 'G'
  • Tha Ace Of Diego!
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 05:34:04 AM »
YOU CAN'T HEAR JIMMY!!!

NONE OF THEM CAN!
THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND DIVERSITY!

CHUUUUUUCH!
"Why settle for 3 when I got the eyes of Edgerrin!
 Why tie I'd rather win.
 Line for Line I'm Better then Most!"-Mykestro

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 05:46:07 AM »
its got nothing to do with being able to ' HEAR ' the record mate....Its just not to everyones taste.
I'm not pointing fingers at anyone but Snoop could try his hand at any type of music and some of you guys would say its good no matter how bad it sounds.......
Snoop's music is definitely diverse nowdays but IMO it don't suit him and I ain't feeling it, I must admit it has grown on me since the 1st time I heard it but its still just an average album IMO

evo

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 05:50:48 AM »
Press Play is not even that good. Sorry but the Dogg Pound (Daz & Kurupt) just sound so washed up nowadays.

The Sorrow aka Maurice

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 06:15:15 AM »

You're right! I agree 200%! What a waste of time... >:(
i agree , i can listen only 2 o3 tracks , really disappoint
i prefer Blue Carpet

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 06:33:59 AM »
There just seems to be alot of slower songs on this one....not too many upbeat songs that get you hyped up.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 07:11:02 AM »
its got nothing to do with being able to ' HEAR ' the record mate....Its just not to everyones taste.
I'm not pointing fingers at anyone but Snoop could try his hand at any type of music and some of you guys would say its good no matter how bad it sounds.......
Snoop's music is definitely diverse nowdays but IMO it don't suit him and I ain't feeling it, I must admit it has grown on me since the 1st time I heard it but its still just an average album IMO

lol you can't hate the music on it. If you have an idea of good music, you would hear that the production on this album is very professional and well-elabourated. It's just good music, no matter if you like it, or feel it or not. You can't say it sounds bad, because the music is good. You can say you don't like it, that's your opinion, but as far as it comes to the music, it's top notch produced.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Sosna

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 07:19:08 AM »
I'm feelin' about half of this CD, ya know, I can't listen 2 these Dirty South style songs...

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 08:13:33 AM »

lol you can't hate the music on it. If you have an idea of good music, you would hear that the production on this album is very professional and well-elabourated. It's just good music, no matter if you like it, or feel it or not. You can't say it sounds bad, because the music is good. You can say you don't like it, that's your opinion, but as far as it comes to the music, it's top notch produced.

Nah - you could say it's mixed and mastered professionally,I'll agree with that, but apart from that most of it sounds like cheapy-ass synths, wack drum machines, really tired easy listening style slow jam funk type of stuff - it sounds bad

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 08:24:03 AM »
It may be good quality music in terms of production and professionalism and it may be 'well-elaborated' but in my opinion I don't like Snoop rapping over slowish/RnB/more commercial type beats. As I said, I think the album is average especially in comparison to some of his other work.
Its up to each individual's opinion if they like certain music but there are a lot of fans on this forum who will say anything Snoop does is excellent just as there are some who might say everything he does is poor. From what I have seen and heard from different people about this album, the feedback seems more negative than positive.
I personally don't like the majority of the production on this album regardless on how well put together it is but that is just my opinion.

[stupid.quote author=Si-Chill aka Si-Chiggedy Early Pops His Collar link=topic=173059.msg1775368#msg1775368 date=1205417462]

[/quote]