Author Topic: Sunday Lakers vs Rockets  (Read 902 times)

westsiderider323

Re: Sunday Lakers vs Rockets
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2008, 08:23:56 PM »
hahah well so much for a Lakers blowout NIK LMAO.  The Rockets are insane!!!  Battier = best defensive player in league?    he might be!

And NIK before you can say it, dont bring up Gasol cause Yao didnt play either and Yao>>Pau

anyways

Rockets>>>>>>>>Lakers

Rockets were without Yao Ming and Steve Francis. Lakers were without Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol, Trevor Ariza, and Chris Mihm. Its not even.

Lakers haters are delusional. Just like my homie keeps braggin cuz the Hornets beat us and said I'm using injuries as an excuse. Both times they beat us we were undermanned, the one time we were healthy we blew em out. I really wish our roster could finally stay healthy so these people can swallow their words once and for all.

evryone shud b healthy come playoffs
when tha Lakers blow evryone out then let tha haterz talk shit

SGV

« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2008, 08:29:29 PM »

Rockets were without Yao Ming and Steve Francis. Lakers were without Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol, Trevor Ariza, and Chris Mihm. Its not even.

Lakers haters are delusional. Just like my homie keeps braggin cuz the Hornets beat us and said I'm using injuries as an excuse. Both times they beat us we were undermanned, the one time we were healthy we blew em out. I really wish our roster could finally stay healthy so these people can swallow their words once and for all.

Dogg!!!!! Ariza, Mihm and Bynum have been out for 2 months already. I'm postive that the team has worked around those injuries to the best of their ability. Yes, injuries do hurt a team when it takes away from their depth, but you guys have the best coach, the "mvp" of the season, the best third option and the best bench in the league STILL playing. So yes, Gasol was out and you lacked a strong center in this game. But so did the Rockets with old ass Mutumbo starting.

Injuries happen. They can't be used as an excuse. Game 6 1980, the Lakers weren't making excuses. Kareem was down and they put Magic in his place. They won. That's what great teams do. They work through injuries and find ways to win, no matter the circumstance. Get real and stop the whining for once.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2008, 08:47:26 PM »
Hope the team can rest and regroup.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2008, 06:01:34 AM »
Kobe doesn't want to see Battier anymore.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2008, 10:19:36 AM »
Why are we always so reluctant to defend opposing PGs?!
having two PG with limited B-Ball IQ is amongst the reasons .. constantly going under the screen is just  ???

Farmar and Fish both have a high basketball IQ...Lakers have just been slumping as of late. Even if we only win 1 game on this road trip, that's enough...we have a very friendly schedule ahead of us.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2008, 10:26:35 AM »
We'll see.

Yeah...we saw.

Where are the excuses NIK?

No excuses...Lakers played like shit.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2008, 10:30:38 AM »
hahah well so much for a Lakers blowout NIK LMAO.  The Rockets are insane!!!  Battier = best defensive player in league?    he might be!

And NIK before you can say it, dont bring up Gasol cause Yao didnt play either and Yao>>Pau

anyways

Rockets>>>>>>>>Lakers

I said it was gunna be a blowout before Gasol went down...and Gasol is obviously more important to us than Yao is to the Rockets. LOL@"Rockts>>>>>>>Lakers"...Just wait till we get our players back. No center. Gasol, Bynum, Mihm are ALL out. Ariza is also either the first guy off the bench or our starting 3...so yea, the Lakers at full strength are lightyears ahead of the Rockets...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2008, 10:31:27 AM »
^^^ lol nothing wrong wit being optimistic. care to make this game a lil more interesting?

A bill, straight up?

lol ur a bill up on me i didn't check the site all weekend. u know i would have taken that bet also.

Haha...too bad you didn't. :-X

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2008, 10:58:02 AM »
lol,ill take that match up all day. one game doesnt make dude a kobe killer. you think he could shut kobe down for a 7 game series?

the rockets are doin their thing and had a better game obviously they also had the extra motivation to get it done...when its all said and done though its the playoffs that matter.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2008, 10:59:51 AM »
lol,ill take that match up all day. one game doesnt make dude a kobe killer. you think he could shut kobe down for a 7 game series?

the rockets are doin their thing and had a better game obviously they also had the extra motivation to get it done...when its all said and done though its the playoffs that matter.

I remember when Battier shut Kobe down for 53.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=Av_vonTaGHsZHn7o0.ji.vikvLYF?gid=2006121513

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2008, 11:07:37 AM »

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=Av_vonTaGHsZHn7o0.ji.vikvLYF?gid=2006121513
lol,exactly...no disrespect to battier at all but we are talkin bout kobe. just ask bruce bowen,raja bell etc.

wcsoldier

« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2008, 11:32:32 AM »

and 52 last year and 45 this year ...

SGV

« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2008, 11:41:12 AM »

You don't think the Lakers had motivation? 1st place was on the line. They could've been the team that stops the streak. That's motivation in itself.

wcsoldier

« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2008, 11:46:11 AM »
having two PG with limited B-Ball IQ is amongst the reasons .. constantly going under the screen is just  ???

Farmar and Fish both have a high basketball IQ...Lakers have just been slumping as of late. Even if we only win 1 game on this road trip, that's enough...we have a very friendly schedule ahead of us.
imo this has nothing to do with the slump .. Fish , a VETERAN, took some weird decisions on Defense ... going constantly under screen or helpin on T-Mac (with Kobe on him) which let Altson WIDE open are BAD decisions .. it's not even about execution

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2008, 12:22:22 PM »

imo this has nothing to do with the slump .. Fish , a VETERAN, took some weird decisions on Defense ... going constantly under screen or helpin on T-Mac (with Kobe on him) which let Altson WIDE open are BAD decisions .. it's not even about execution

Yea...Fish needs to recapture that fire in his eye that he had in the first half of the season. Dude always steps it up when it counts, though. I'm not trippin. The only thing I'm concerned about right now is our players getting back at full strength for the playoffs.