Author Topic: Do you guys think Snoop will reach Platinum status in a year with Ego Trippin?  (Read 527 times)

Elano

I dont think it will go gold, i think in a year he'll be platinum in the U.S what do u guys think?

A year ?  :D

AnybodyKilla

I dont think it will go gold, i think in a year he'll be platinum in the U.S what do u guys think?

A year ?  :D

Yes sir!!!

OG Snoopaveli

I think it will go platinum pretty quick.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I already mentioned in another thread that Snoop's last album TBCT is presently sitting at 882,900 sold in the U.S.  So whatever they did wrong with the last album, they'll want to avoid for this album, in terms of pushing singles and whatnot.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
may be, im going to buy it hopefully this weekend. internet is fuckin up all the sales lol

word

i bought it, tight album to me. very different.. but dope

Allpaul

• Muthafuckin' OG

Worldwide I think he'll sell much more than a mill. Why do you guys think people in the US don't put that much weight on overseas sales? Is it because it's harder to track because Billboard doesn't chart sales overseas, or do we think it only matters how well artists do in America. I think it's stupid. It's funny because to foreign acts it's the biggest deal in the world to make it here, but it seems in the media that US artists could give a fuck about overseas sales. Maybe some of the posters from Europe would like to weigh in on this.....

Joe-Thee

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
Do records even sell plat anymore...?

HEC

Snoops last album sold 903,000 here are his numbers from Billboard Magazine a few weeks ago

1993: Doggy Style 6,137,000
1996: Tha Doggfather 1,984,000
1998: Da Game is to be Sold 2,085,000
1999: No Limit Top Dogg 1,518,000
2000: Tha Last Meal 2,068,000
2002: Paid Tha Cost To Be Da Boss 1,210,000
2004: R&G: The Masterpiece 1,724,000
2006: The Blue Carpet Treatment 903,000

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Snoops last album sold 903,000 here are his numbers from Billboard Magazine a few weeks ago

1993: Doggy Style 6,137,000
1996: Tha Doggfather 1,984,000
1998: Da Game is to be Sold 2,085,000
1999: No Limit Top Dogg 1,518,000
2000: Tha Last Meal 2,068,000
2002: Paid Tha Cost To Be Da Boss 1,210,000
2004: R&G: The Masterpiece 1,724,000
2006: The Blue Carpet Treatment 903,000

I don't know if I read somewhere, or maybe I made it up in my own head, but I thought Snoop was disappointed with TBCT sales and blamed it on going gangsta, because he was following the fans more on that one, and they said they wanted more gangsta stuff, and he put it out and it didn't do as well, so he thought fuck the fans they say they want gangsta rap but then they don't buy it

I assumed that's also why he went in a more pop and singles oriented direction this time round. Sensual Seduction has been a hit, so the album should sell well off the back of that

The problem though is maybe Snoop didn't realize that TBCT came out around when sales were really falling off because of more and more downloading, so what TBCT sold was actually pretty damn good considering. He might be surprised if this one sells the same or lower just due to the market conditions now, even though he's gone back to the more pop style formula he had on R&G

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I think it will go platinum pretty quick.
8) 8) 8)

gangstarapfan

IF HIS LAST ALBUM WHICH WAS 10X BETTER DID NOT GO PLATINUM IN 2 YEARS THERE IS NO REASON TO THINK THAT THIS WILL MAYBE 750,000 THE MOST HE SELLS

Dogg Ly Dogg

We already know that he sold 130k the first day so I guess he will sell around 300k the first week...
There were no big singles as "Sensual Seduction" on BCT and it sold 250k the first week and 900k in total..
I guess that one can go plat but he needs a real solid single after "Life Of The Party"  :-X

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
We already know that he sold 130k the first day so I guess he will sell around 300k the first week...
There were no big singles as "Sensual Seduction" on BCT and it sold 250k the first week and 900k in total..
I guess that one can go plat but he needs a real solid single after "Life Of The Party"  :-X

well as i read it he will do 130 k the first week , dont think he did 130 on one day.

Snoopafly-1986

well as i read it he will do 130 k the first week , dont think he did 130 on one day.

I think they projected 120-125k the first week now

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite

I think they projected 120-125k the first week now

well with that said he should be 10x plat in a few months

but really doe, he'll be lucky to go gold
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....