Author Topic: we should stop blaming promotion for Snoops bad sales  (Read 650 times)

PLANT

Re: we should stop blaming promotion for Snoops bad sales
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 03:46:35 PM »
Snoop had way more promotion for this album than he did for Blue Carpet.  Plus, when Blue Carpet dropped he was going up against Jay-Z and The Game at the same time, and he still sold more.  Who woulda thought Rick Ross would be outselling Snoop right now?  And Snoop only selling 50,000 more than Fat Joe?  C'mon!

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 03:56:51 PM »
Snoop also came out on Black Friday week last time out so those sales are inflated

I think Jayz sold 700k that week

messi19

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 04:06:56 PM »
Snoop had way more promotion for this album than he did for Blue Carpet.  Plus, when Blue Carpet dropped he was going up against Jay-Z and The Game at the same time, and he still sold more.  Who woulda thought Rick Ross would be outselling Snoop right now?  And Snoop only selling 50,000 more than Fat Joe?  C'mon!

He didnt sell more than Game or Jay-Z fuck are u talking about? Jay sold the most outta em, then Game and then Snoop.

Blood$

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 04:11:43 PM »
^ I think he ment first week sales, not total... Snoop sold like 200K first week out

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 04:16:12 PM »
What's funny is how Doggystyle is his biggest selling album easily

Well the answer to that is something we all know, it's the internet. Sure the quality of all the albums being released these days is lower, but that doesn't matter. People buy crap all the time.

Why pay for something which may or may not be decent? Hmm 20$ a CD or free? The simple fact is, why would anyone want to buy a CD? Who even listens to CDs? You take that CD home, rip it onto your ipod and play it on your stereo. Whens the last time you took a CD out of it's case and played it? Never.

Downloading is not only free, it's easier. No driving, no lines, no cash, you don't even need to rip the CD, or even have a CD drive.

Music sales are down for one reason. The internet. That's the only reason. And if their was no internet, 50 Cent, Kanye and Justin Timberlake would have sold billions of albums. Crappy music, for crappy people.

I'd never buy a CD. And if a find a decent album, I look far and wide for the Vinyl, which looks better, and may sound better.

20$ for 20 tracks, of which you may like 5 of them. 4$ a song. And for some albums like Curtis, you might not even like any of the songs. So you payed 20$ for nothing.

Artists and Labels need to get with the fucking program and stop selling CD's. No one buys them, and why would they start? The business will never move back. The only logical thing to do is start selling digital albums. Sell the album directly through itunes or myspace. Or even sell in stores a small little "flashdrive" of the albums, like a small little stick with the 20 mp3s on it.

Just think, 10$ for a new snoop album, directly off myspace. No label, all money goes to Snoop. That's where the business should be going. Cheap downloads. Of course people will still rip off the artist off, but at least it'll be cheap enough people will support their favorite artist.
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 04:23:47 PM »
Gotti Valentino is tha Shiznit!  ;D

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 04:25:03 PM »

Well the answer to that is something we all know, it's the internet. Sure the quality of all the albums being released these days is lower, but that doesn't matter. People buy crap all the time.

Why pay for something which may or may not be decent? Hmm 20$ a CD or free? The simple fact is, why would anyone want to buy a CD? Who even listens to CDs? You take that CD home, rip it onto your ipod and play it on your stereo. Whens the last time you took a CD out of it's case and played it? Never.

Downloading is not only free, it's easier. No driving, no lines, no cash, you don't even need to rip the CD, or even have a CD drive.

Music sales are down for one reason. The internet. That's the only reason. And if their was no internet, 50 Cent, Kanye and Justin Timberlake would have sold billions of albums. Crappy music, for crappy people.

I'd never buy a CD. And if a find a decent album, I look far and wide for the Vinyl, which looks better, and may sound better.

20$ for 20 tracks, of which you may like 5 of them. 4$ a song. And for some albums like Curtis, you might not even like any of the songs. So you payed 20$ for nothing.

Artists and Labels need to get with the fucking program and stop selling CD's. No one buys them, and why would they start? The business will never move back. The only logical thing to do is start selling digital albums. Sell the album directly through itunes or myspace. Or even sell in stores a small little "flashdrive" of the albums, like a small little stick with the 20 mp3s on it.

Just think, 10$ for a new snoop album, directly off myspace. No label, all money goes to Snoop. That's where the business should be going. Cheap downloads. Of course people will still rip off the artist off, but at least it'll be cheap enough people will support their favorite artist.
i ain't have to say nothing,you hit it right one the head, i mean you can love your favorite artist to death,but say you want to save gas,or buy some shirt you seen at the mall,etc, and you got 60$, you want the ricc ross,fat joe,and snoop album,yet you want that shirt to right then and there? shit in that case you gonna be like i can have em all for 60,i'll buy the shirt and go home and download the albums,you probably say i'll buy them at a later date,but then in that time something new comes out,plus you see something else you want! it's that simple,and the king is right sale it off your myspace page and make them chipper jones your self,snoop is big enough to do it. it's about doing live shows and everything else now a days, or they should just create a new system to play music on,make it shiny slap a nice price tag on it, the rappers will brag about it,then everyone will want to go out and have the new shit,say it makes the sound clearer or some shit,trust me it will work in time, just like the cd did, we live in a time when we are quicc to throw shit away so people would be with it yell

messi19

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 04:37:20 PM »
^ I think he ment first week sales, not total... Snoop sold like 200K first week out

Yeah and Game sold like 380K first out. Snoop still haven't sold more.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 04:39:54 PM »
You have to also consider the economy right now... people are paying almost $4 for a gallon of gas. Buying a CD is probably not high on a lot of people's lists. It's not just Snoop. Look at the NOW compilation. Those NOW cd's usually do crazy numbers.   
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 04:44:05 PM »
no doubt styles,all that is to be considered yell

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 04:45:03 PM »

Yeah and Game sold like 380K first out. Snoop still haven't sold more.

Game dropped the 2nd week in Nov. 2006 @ 359,000 1st week sales.

Jay & Snoop dropped the 3rd week in Nov. 2006 @ 680,000 & 264,000 respectively, the 1st week out.

PLANT

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 04:56:28 PM »

He didnt sell more than Game or Jay-Z fuck are u talking about? Jay sold the most outta em, then Game and then Snoop.
I meant he sold more with BCT than Ego Trippin , relax!

acgrundy

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 05:04:13 PM »

word...dude is exactly right

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 05:15:40 PM »
I'd want a physical copy

I hear you their man, that's why Vinyl is such a great alternative. Either way, I doubt the economy is a huge problem. It's just the fact that, too many CD's are released, and 20$ for each is unreasonable. Back in the 90's, their would be like one or two "must have" albums a year. Now it seems like every week a big name artist releases something.

Whens the last time you actually told people to go buy an album? Chronic 2001? The fact that most albums aren't worth buying is a huge problem. Theirs no doubt in my mind if Michael Jackson, or Dr.Dre or some huge artist released a good album, it would sell 3-4 million. Anticipated albums. The Game, Snoop, Jay-Z, 50 Cent, It's all boring, they release an album every year. They have to over flood the market to make a profit. It's a bad cycle. Can't sell well, so you release more albums, which will sell worse and worse. It's better to release 5 mediocre albums in 5 years and sell 500,000 each, then 1 great album every 5 years and sell a few million.

And usually when a truly great album comes out that you'd want to buy, (like "Guilty by Affiliation" for example) you can't even find it in most stores.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 05:38:21 PM »
Most major first to two week releases by big name artists are sold between $10 - 15 at Wal-Mart, Target and Best Buy.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ