Author Topic: we should stop blaming promotion for Snoops bad sales  (Read 649 times)

HEC

Re: we should stop blaming promotion for Snoops bad sales
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2008, 08:49:25 AM »
I have to admit I am a little surprised at the low sales, I thought he would do "around" 200k but the promotion was more than enough, Snoop has been all over. Everybody knows he has an album out, the economy, the downloading. the mixed reviews are all factors. I think he will go gold but that is about it.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2008, 08:56:09 AM »
 I blame Snoop Dogg for this..I mean Yes Snoop Dogg is a Big name, but he is over doing himself, so it kills any expectations from him, dude was on everybody's album for the last 2-3 years, from lil shitty artists, to big names, so that killed any expectations. what he had to do was shut the fuck up for like 2 years,so people can miss his music and anticipate the next album. If he keep going that way I expect him to be successful only with his live performances thats the only thing people seems to love from him now.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2008, 09:05:13 AM »
Target had a great promotion, $9, and then extra for bonus mp3s last week. I think that Snoop's down in sales is really a result in just the ear of Hip-Hop changing. Jay-Z is popular amoung the over 25 crowd, as with Kanye and Nas, but the under 25 crowd... for the most part, are going Rick Ross, Lil' Wayne and others. With Hip-Hop sales, you need that under 25 ear or your sales will suffer.

westside159

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2008, 10:32:08 AM »
Yall are slow , everybody and there momma heard or has this album , just becuz niggaz aint buying it !!!

woods

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2008, 10:44:13 AM »
Why would people spend their hard earned money on an album that only has 3 dope tracks on?

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2008, 11:29:09 AM »
SNOOP IS NOT SELLING BECAUSE THE ALBUM IS NOT THAT GOOD SEXUAL ERUPTION IS A BIG HIT BUT I DONT THINK HE HAS ANY MORE SONGS THAT CAN BE BIG SINGLES
unless the artist is actually putting the effort to make a good album...I ain't buying that shit period...regardless of what the price is...
^Exactly.