Author Topic: Mike Dunleavy should win most improved player of the year  (Read 660 times)

MoreSwaggerThanMickJagger

Mike Dunleavy should win most improved player of the year
« on: March 18, 2008, 12:35:39 AM »
he won't win it because we suck and because of that I wont argue it.  But he really is the most improved player this year.

He's scored his career high of 36 pts 4 times this year lol, dude has been scoring like crazy, very efficient offensive player this year.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Mike Dunleavy should win most improved player of the year
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 11:00:07 AM »
Mike Dunleavy is having a career year...very good player. Bynum woulda' won it if he didn't get injured, though. If Dunleavy doesn't get it, Beno Udrih has a good shot and so does Jose Calderon...I also like Rudy Gay and Hedo Turkoglu as candidates. Should be interesting to see.

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 11:07:11 AM »
Mike Dunleavy is having a career year...very good player. Bynum woulda' won it if he didn't get injured, though. If Dunleavy doesn't get it, Beno Udrih has a good shot and so does Jose Calderon...I also like Rudy Gay and Hedo Turkoglu as candidates. Should be interesting to see.
Yeah those are also some great choices NIK.  I completely forgot about Hedo, imo he should win the award and then Dunleavy.  good choice with Beno also,  he has ben very impressive this year.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 11:29:24 AM »
Hedo better win it. Dude has been putting up great all around numbers and been the go to guy all year.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 11:31:19 AM »
If u ask me Monta Ellis should win it again
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 11:32:44 AM »
If u ask me Monta Ellis should win it again

He is amazing.  I swear to god sometimes it feels like he never misses a shot when I watch the Warriors play,  he is one of my favorite players to watch in the whole league.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 12:47:18 PM »
LOL...Monta Ellis is good, but he didn't drastically improve from last season.

tempo2

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 02:54:02 PM »
hedo should definatley win it in my eyes. he was already snubbed for the all star game, the guy is averging 20, 6 and 5 respectivley which is a huge improvement for him. Im a magic fan so i could be a lil biased.

and also the only reason you never see monta miss a shot is because all he does is dunks or lays it in. the guys a horrible 3pt shooter for a 2 guard in a point guards body. put him on a half court team and he wouldnt be half as good.

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 03:00:58 PM »
hedo should definatley win it in my eyes. he was already snubbed for the all star game, the guy is averging 20, 6 and 5 respectivley which is a huge improvement for him. Im a magic fan so i could be a lil biased.

and also the only reason you never see monta miss a shot is because all he does is dunks or lays it in. the guys a horrible 3pt shooter for a 2 guard in a point guards body. put him on a half court team and he wouldnt be half as good.

Umm you couldn't be more wrong.  I watch alot of basketball and alot of Warrior games.  Yes Monta is not a 3pt shooter but he is a very good midrange shooter,  he has improved that aspect of his game drastically this year,  The guy is a awesome player regardless of what team or system he plays in.  You are way off in your analysis of him.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 03:04:47 PM »
Monta needs to develop a three...and the fact remains, he does score most of his points off of lay-ups...But that's his strength. He's a Tony Parker type of player who, with his speed, can penetrate seemingly at will...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 06:14:54 PM »

Umm you couldn't be more wrong.  I watch alot of basketball and alot of Warrior games.  Yes Monta is not a 3pt shooter but he is a very good midrange shooter,  he has improved that aspect of his game drastically this year,  The guy is a awesome player regardless of what team or system he plays in.  You are way off in your analysis of him.

Wtf? I don't think I've ever seen Ellis take a midrange shot.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 06:30:09 PM »
^^Then you dont watch that many Warrior games.  Dude doesnt just dunk and lay it up all time, he makes most of his jump shots aswell.

PLANT

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 08:00:36 PM »
I woulda said Jose Calderon was but since Ford came back his numbers have dipped.  Dont really see many Pacer games so I dont know about Mikey D

Sparegeez

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 08:11:12 PM »

Wtf? I don't think I've ever seen Ellis take a midrange shot.

LOL. That's like saying you've never seen Dwight Howard dunk in a game.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 08:54:12 PM »
Kevin Martin is One OF My fav Players..
His Numbers are Up This season. Not sure if he qualifies here.
but I just wanted To name drop.. 8)

Since He Deserved it Last Year ,IMO
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 09:17:02 PM by Hatesrats™ »