Author Topic: Mike Dunleavy should win most improved player of the year  (Read 661 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Mike Dunleavy should win most improved player of the year
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 09:06:52 PM »
hedo should definatley win it in my eyes. he was already snubbed for the all star game, the guy is averging 20, 6 and 5 respectivley which is a huge improvement for him. Im a magic fan so i could be a lil biased.

and also the only reason you never see monta miss a shot is because all he does is dunks or lays it in. the guys a horrible 3pt shooter for a 2 guard in a point guards body. put him on a half court team and he wouldnt be half as good.

Umm you couldn't be more wrong.  I watch alot of basketball and alot of Warrior games.  Yes Monta is not a 3pt shooter but he is a very good midrange shooter,  he has improved that aspect of his game drastically this year,  The guy is a awesome player regardless of what team or system he plays in.  You are way off in your analysis of him.

Wtf? I don't think I've ever seen Ellis take a midrange shot.

LOL. That's like saying you've never seen Dwight Howard dunk in a game.

How so? Temp2 is right. Ever Warriors game I see, Ellis is dunking, getting lay-ups, or shooting free-throws. Van Gundy was right, his game is exactly like Wade's.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sparegeez

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 10:36:21 PM »
hedo should definatley win it in my eyes. he was already snubbed for the all star game, the guy is averging 20, 6 and 5 respectivley which is a huge improvement for him. Im a magic fan so i could be a lil biased.

and also the only reason you never see monta miss a shot is because all he does is dunks or lays it in. the guys a horrible 3pt shooter for a 2 guard in a point guards body. put him on a half court team and he wouldnt be half as good.

Umm you couldn't be more wrong.  I watch alot of basketball and alot of Warrior games.  Yes Monta is not a 3pt shooter but he is a very good midrange shooter,  he has improved that aspect of his game drastically this year,  The guy is a awesome player regardless of what team or system he plays in.  You are way off in your analysis of him.

Wtf? I don't think I've ever seen Ellis take a midrange shot.

LOL. That's like saying you've never seen Dwight Howard dunk in a game.

How so? Temp2 is right. Ever Warriors game I see, Ellis is dunking, getting lay-ups, or shooting free-throws. Van Gundy was right, his game is exactly like Wade's.

He also shoots mid-range jumpers. I say he shoots at 6-7 jumpers every night, but I do agree most of his points come off free-throws, layups and dunks.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 10:41:46 PM »
^^On point. He shoots a lot of mid-range jumpers, so does D. Wade. If you haven't seen him do that, you have not watched more than a few games. As for the award, I think that it should probably be out of Dunleavy or Udrih. I don't like seeing a good player who got great win the award, and these two really came out of nowhere to play big roles for their teams. Dunleavy had been getting worse in Golden State, and now he found his 3-point shoot, and has been playing a lot tougher.
I got a bird's eye view

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 10:47:49 PM »
LaMarcus Aldridge should at least be in the discussion. He basically doubled his scoring and his rebs went up by 2. Of course Z-Bo being gone is the biggest part of that but so what? lol

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 11:09:13 PM »
LaMarcus Aldridge should at least be in the discussion. He basically doubled his scoring and his rebs went up by 2. Of course Z-Bo being gone is the biggest part of that but so what? lol

True, he has tore it up also. I don't normally like to see guys win it in their 2nd year, because almost everyone has a big increase there. But no question, he has stepped it up to deserve to be in the discussion.
I got a bird's eye view

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 01:30:17 AM »

You nailed it...that and the fact that he was bound to have a drastic improvement in his sophomore season.

tempo2

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 05:33:57 AM »
nah i still stick with my hedo choice. Lamarcus is a good shout but i think he hasnt really improved that much in terms of how he finished out last season which could work against him. Because if you remember rightly after the all star break last year the guy ripped it up.

hey Now_I_Know do you know of any sites where you can download full nba games? also do you have nba league pass? 

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2008, 09:17:57 AM »
Udrih got my vote

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2008, 10:06:48 AM »
hey Now_I_Know do you know of any sites where you can download full nba games? also do you have nba league pass? 

not really, but every game is streamed live at raptorsnation.net...and yes, I have NBA League Pass.

MoreSwaggerThanMickJagger

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 10:12:57 AM »
Nothing is better than NBA League Pass, every damn game at your disposal! LOL it's why I stay spending so much god damn time watching NBA games.

tempo2

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 11:36:09 AM »
so do you guys watch league pass over the internet or is it straight to your TV?

MoreSwaggerThanMickJagger

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 11:49:41 AM »
so do you guys watch league pass over the internet or is it straight to your TV?

you can watch over internet but I watch on TV. I have DirectTv but other providers have league pass also. This year its great to cause they broadcast a shitload of league pass games in HD.   

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008, 02:13:41 PM »
nah i still stick with my hedo choice. Lamarcus is a good shout but i think he hasnt really improved that much in terms of how he finished out last season which could work against him. Because if you remember rightly after the all star break last year the guy ripped it up.

Actually his post game has improved dramatically in the last month or so. Most up the year up to then he was pretty much just a 7 foot jump shooter like a quicker Channing Frye with a little better rebounding and athleticism. Now he's looking like a mix of Sheed/Garnett as far as his low block game. So while he probably won't get the MIP award, its not true to say he hasn't improved from last year, because he has improved from the beginning of THIS year.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2008, 04:16:33 PM »
He's improved, but not enough to be in MIP talks.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2008, 05:06:27 PM »
And I'd be hesitant to give a MIP award to anybody on the Magic because it most likely has more to do with the emergence of Howard as the most dominant big in the game than it has to do with any of the other guys actually improving by much.