Author Topic: Mike Dunleavy should win most improved player of the year  (Read 659 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Mike Dunleavy should win most improved player of the year
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 05:16:07 PM »
^^You must have not been watching Hedo play this season.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2008, 09:06:43 PM »

Admittedly I haven't watched him much this year. When I have seen him play, he has looked better than I remember him when he was in Sac, but I just think MIP is a bit of a reach when you consider that Howard blows the game wide open for everybody on his team. Its like how there used to be the saying "You never trade for a guy on a Jason Kidd team," because Kidd makes his teammates look so much better than they actually might be. On that same type of page, it should be noted that Hedo's improvement coincide's with Howard's emergence as quite possibly the most dominant force in the NBA.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2008, 09:35:49 PM »

Admittedly I haven't watched him much this year. When I have seen him play, he has looked better than I remember him when he was in Sac, but I just think MIP is a bit of a reach when you consider that Howard blows the game wide open for everybody on his team. Its like how there used to be the saying "You never trade for a guy on a Jason Kidd team," because Kidd makes his teammates look so much better than they actually might be. On that same type of page, it should be noted that Hedo's improvement coincide's with Howard's emergence as quite possibly the most dominant force in the NBA.

Well, the same hasn't happened for Rashard Lewis, so what do you say about that?...Hedo has just drastically stepped up his game, in every aspect.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2008, 10:01:46 PM »
Hedo improved, but Rashard Lewis will retire as the most overpaid healthy non-center in NBA history. He's just not that good of a player, never has been.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2008, 11:56:43 PM »

Well, the same hasn't happened for Rashard Lewis, so what do you say about that?...Hedo has just drastically stepped up his game, in every aspect.

I would say that he benefited from being option 1b. in Seattle and is struggling to find his role with a new team with different players who make him have to adjust his game. I expect him to be better next year. He'd been a main guy on his team in Seattle since he left high school. He has a new role now and his numbers may have dropped because his role isn't as much to score anymore as it is to stretch the defense as a long range threat (James Jones, Jason Kapono, etc). Of course I could be completely wrong, but you asked me to speculate as to why Lewis hasn't shown marked improvement in Orlando, so there it is. lol

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2008, 12:57:59 AM »

I would say that he benefited from being option 1b. in Seattle and is struggling to find his role with a new team with different players who make him have to adjust his game. I expect him to be better next year. He'd been a main guy on his team in Seattle since he left high school. He has a new role now and his numbers may have dropped because his role isn't as much to score anymore as it is to stretch the defense as a long range threat (James Jones, Jason Kapono, etc). Of course I could be completely wrong, but you asked me to speculate as to why Lewis hasn't shown marked improvement in Orlando, so there it is. lol

Nah you're exactly right. In Seattle it was Lewis and Allen taking all the shots. This year he's a 3rd option on most nights and being used as just a spot up shooter. But to be fair, no matter how good he plays he's never gonna live up to that price-tag (and keep in mind I'm a Lewis fan).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

tempo2

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2008, 02:11:52 AM »
would there be any reason why i couldnt get leahue pass here in england? i mean i could watch it over the net right? Also does anybody know how to save streamed video from windows media player?

back on topic hedo scored 39 last nite, i dont give a shit if a dominant centre opens the game, that shits MIP worthy.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2008, 02:48:54 AM »
would there be any reason why i couldnt get leahue pass here in england? i mean i could watch it over the net right? Also does anybody know how to save streamed video from windows media player?

back on topic hedo scored 39 last nite, i dont give a shit if a dominant centre opens the game, that shits MIP worthy.

I'm sure you could get it over there. The NBA is really trying to get more of an international audience so I don't see why they wouldn't offer it in England. Worst case scenario you can always watch the games on sopcast. by the way, do you know anything about Joel Freeland? All I know is the Blazers drafted him and have had him stashed in England for the last couple years. Is he any good?

tempo2

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2008, 05:42:40 AM »
yeah i know vaguely about joel freeland. He is a good prospect but from what ive heard the guy is very raw and hence the reason the blazers sent him back to europe to develop. I believe his playing in gran caneria or something like that at the moment. I think his an athletic shot blocking type player. He also plays for our national team.

On a side note the basketball in this country has seen a drastic change over recent years in terms of ability. I play in a D3 local league but about 6 years ago when i used to play (ive only just got back into it) the talent level was nowhere near to what it is now.

I think over the coming years theres gunna be a greater influx or british players coming to the nba thats for sure. especially with england basketball team qualifying for the london olympics in 2012.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2008, 10:50:52 AM »

Well, if Dwight did so much for his teammates, Rashard would be scoring more and getting better looks...but his percentage is actually lower than ever. So your theory as to why Hedo improved so much is BS. Rashard should be the second option, not Hedo...Hedo stole that shit when he saw the contract Rashard got, it probably made him want to step his game up another notch...PeACe

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2008, 12:32:10 PM »

Well, if Dwight did so much for his teammates, Rashard would be scoring more and getting better looks...but his percentage is actually lower than ever. So your theory as to why Hedo improved so much is BS. Rashard should be the second option, not Hedo...Hedo stole that shit when he saw the contract Rashard got, it probably made him want to step his game up another notch...PeACe

Not necesarrily. Hedo and Lewis are different types of players. Hedo is an inside/outside type player, but Lewis is primarily a mid to long range jump shooter. There are different dynamics at work which affect how each player is utilized.  Simply by Lewis being on the floor, the defense gets spread because whether Lewis is on or not, they have to respect his ability. The D has to stay on Howard AND Lewis so  the doubles on each of those players have to come from someone else's man, thus opening up the game for other players. Like I said, I could be wrong, but I dont think its logical to say that Howard doesnt open up the game for Turkgolu.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2008, 12:54:09 PM »
Of course Howard opens up the game for everyone, but Hedo has drastically stepped his game up...Otherwise, Mo Evans, Keith Bogans, and Jameer Nelson would all be playing like all-stars. But it's only Turkoglu at the current moment...PeACe