Author Topic: I Have Never Listened To A Jedi Mind Tricks Song  (Read 340 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I Have Never Listened To A Jedi Mind Tricks Song
« on: March 21, 2008, 08:09:22 PM »
.........and with the way everyone speaks of them, I really feel like I am missing out on a hip-hop experience.

Can you please upload your favorite track by them so I can see what I've been missing? Thanks fam!

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: I Have Never Listened To A Jedi Mind Tricks Song
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 08:13:58 PM »

^^Check that one out first.

I think the overall consensus is that their greatest track is "Uncommon Valour" (A Vietnam Story).  This song is larger than life.  Vinnie Paz raps from the perspective of an American soldier in Vietnam who is against the war, and then R.A. The Rugged Man raps from the opposite perspective as an American soldier in Vietnam who is indulging in drugs, women, and violence; glorifying it all in a heroic way.. until ultimately he falls victim to a fatal attack.... then the most shocking thing is when I found out it's BASED ON A TRUE STORY OF R.A. THE RUGGED MAN'S BIOLOGICAL FATHER!

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

MoreSwaggerThanMickJagger

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 08:14:55 PM »

I think the overall consensus is that their greatest track is "Uncommon Valour" (A Vietnam Story).  This song is larger than life.  Vinnie Paz raps from the perspective of an American soldier in Vietnam who is against the war, and then R.A. The Rugged Man raps from the opposite perspective as an American soldier in Vietnam who is indulging in drugs, women, and violence; glorifying it all in a heroic way.. until ultimately he falls victim to a fatal attack.... then the most shocking thing is when I found out it's BASED ON A TRUE STORY OF R.A. THE RUGGED MAN'S BIOLOGICAL FATHER!

Wow, Im gona have to listen to this asap.

anyone have a mp3?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 08:18:48 PM »

Wow, Im gona have to listen to this asap.

anyone have a mp3?

I can't upload the MP3 because I'm posting at work right now.  But atleast sample it at youtube and you can read the lyrics as it plays.  Then if you have time for one more track... their second best is "Razorblade Salvation", this is a track that can make you cry if you listen close enough to the lyrics.  He's explaining to his mom in the first letter that he's sorry that his letters make her wanna cry when he says he wants to die, and then by the last letter to his mom he decides he doesn't want to kill himself.  The woman on the chorus is so ill, and penetrates deep into your heart.... it really grabs you.  Check it out here....

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 08:21:53 PM »
Anybody interested check Visions of Gandhi. I'd upload it, but it's not on my computer anymore.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 08:23:15 PM »
Anybody interested check Visions of Gandhi. I'd upload it, but it's not on my computer anymore.

I don't know man... I kind of thought the first song on that album was them at their best... but other than that, the rest of the album Visions of Ghandi is not their best work.

MoreSwaggerThanMickJagger

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 08:25:37 PM »
thx guys!! That is one of the best rap songs I have ever heard in my life!  I love songs like that.

I just checked out the track on the youtube link,  thx guys.  If anyone has a mp3 for this  up it!

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 06:30:49 AM »

R.A. raps as his own dad on that track
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 09:49:14 AM »
JMT are great Stoupe is prob the most underrated producer in the game.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 10:08:32 AM »
JMT is mad dope and Uncommon Valor is a classic track.

I don't got my HDD here, but I'll see what I got soon as I get home from Easter.

kemizt

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 11:15:08 AM »
Listen to Razorblade salvation.

WestCoasta

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 01:20:28 PM »
lol  Jedi Mind Tricks!

I used to have a mix cd back in 9th grade of these guys

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 02:58:47 PM »
lol  Jedi Mind Tricks!

I used to have a mix cd back in 9th grade of these guys

Yeah, I was suprised to see they had been around since 1997.  A couple years ago one of my friends gave me a copy of Visions of Ghandi and I pretty much ignored it.  The only track I really love from that album now is "Rage of Angels" with Outerspace.

So I guess it wasn't till mid-last year when Blade hooked me up with their best tracks from Servants In Hell Kings In Heaven that I started to take notice of this group.  I've been sleeping for sure.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 03:47:44 PM by Abd. Infinite presents... Real Hip-Hop »

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 03:44:48 PM »
violent by design is by far there best album.

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 05:39:56 PM »
violent by design is by far there best album.
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts