Poll

What would be worst at this point?

For Detox to be scrapped and never come out
20 (69%)
For Detox to come out and be seen as a flop
9 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Not another Detox Thread........Pt. 22,082....What's worst at this point?  (Read 933 times)

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
I'd rather it never come out, than for it to come out and suck and be full of rappers that I hate.  I would lose so much respect for dre.
True, this is a good question you brought up. A lot of people aren't really seeing your idea through, and they are putting Dr. Dre under an aura of invincibility, but it's not guaranteed that, if Detox comes out, it will be great. If he drops something average or worse, it could severly tarnish his legacy. I would rather have him never come out than come with something weak, it's always better to leave your fans wanting more than getting tired of him. It's possible that if he came out weak he could come back hungry with something else, but the fact that he has had so much time for this would kind of cancel that thought out for me. Interesting discussion.
I got a bird's eye view

Elano

If it was scrapped.......
Cons: There would be millions of bad things that would happen about this. Most people would completely give up hope in the West, and many producers would be lost in what direction to follow with the sound of the West and music in general.

can you tell me why do you really think that many producers would be lost ? Actually the producers are not waiting dre to know which direction they should choose......

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
around 2005 I stopped caring.

smegma

Seriously It'S all about the music man. Im a big fan of game and dre. not cause im a dickrider. Because i like good music. I need good music. These dudes deliver. That'S what it is. I voted for it to never come out, that would be horrible!

LOOK OUT FOR DETOX.

Well yeah, we do all like good music (I hope)....but that's the question...what if he didn't deliver on this one? What I described is if he not only dropped an album that critics hated, but that us fans who have his posters on walls and bought everything he does also thought it was wack...how would you feel about it?

He only cares about the music... If the success of a man who you don't know personally and have no relationship with at all honestly bothers you, then I believe you need to take a step back from your passion for music.

I still don't think y'all get what I mean....yeah, we only care about the music...but WHAT IF the music didn't hit us at all? And for most (normal) fans, it's not that the success of a person will bother us like that, but we are all passionate enough to hope that it makes an impact, especially for those of us from the West who have been waiting forever for the coast to "come back" in some way.

IF the music don't hit us at all, there's plenty of other good music to listen to. Dre's been putting out wack shit for the last few years, so it wouldn't be a shock, would it?

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
I could give a damn about Dre's bank account, happiness or sales. All I want is just to hear the music. If it sucks, so be it. There's plenty of other good music. I voted for the first option.
on point
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
Not releasing it at all would be the worst option for sure. I mean there would be tons of "if"-questions and then we would never know if there was any classics...

BANGADOSHISH!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
 ::)