Author Topic: Q about "livin tha gangsta life".  (Read 192 times)

D-Stress

Q about "livin tha gangsta life".
« on: April 02, 2008, 01:10:09 PM »
http://www.rapcentral.co.uk/snoopBeefs.html

check the link.was "livin tha gangsta life" a snoop diss?is daz talkin about snoop in this one?
and plus: did suge produce that song?discogs says daz produced it.(i never heard a suge-knight-produced beat) and where is that conversation from (between snoop and PO?).

kuruptDPG

Re: Q about "livin tha gangsta life".
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 01:14:40 PM »
i think it was. the booklet in 2002 says it produced by daz. to me it sound lik a soopafly production

D-Stress

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 01:29:48 PM »
^^ why would DR release a song with a dialog like this one?
and is daz´ verse thrown towards snoop?

kuruptDPG

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 02:09:56 PM »
^^ why would DR release a song with a dialog like this one?
and is daz´ verse thrown towards snoop?

bcuz the song was aimed at snoop. they werent togethr at the time u kno? i think all 3 raprs dissed snoop.

HEC

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 04:27:21 PM »
I don't think Kurupt ever had problems with Snoop until he went back to Death Row in 2002. Daz was the one who had the little beef with Snoop during the time period when this was recorded

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 09:15:02 PM »
that was an unfinished beat I think Death Row put on 2002

the one on Dillinger & Young Gotti I think was Daz and Mike Dean

I never knew it was dissing Snoop :-\

D~Nice

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 09:25:30 PM »
The reason a majority of D&YG tracks even appeared on DP2002 was because a good portion of the tracks were stolen from DR studios by Daz. Now the song with Xzibit I doubt it was a Snoop diss. All that convo and tv footage that was on DP2002 Death Row added all that in. And the version on the album is unfinished, same with Crip With Me, which was Dipp With Me on D&YG. Even the entire Whoopty Woop album, Daz stole the master copy after he left Tha Row and made copies to sell on his website.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 09:29:49 PM »
The reason a majority of D&YG tracks even appeared on DP2002 was because a good portion of the tracks were stolen from DR studios by Daz. Now the song with Xzibit I doubt it was a Snoop diss. All that convo and tv footage that was on DP2002 Death Row added all that in. And the version on the album is unfinished, same with Crip With Me, which was Dipp With Me on D&YG. Even the entire Whoopty Woop album, Daz stole the master copy after he left Tha Row and made copies to sell on his website.

props for the info 8)

I thought those were unfinished tracks even Xzibits rap is cut shorter on 2002

MarshColin

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 09:32:04 PM »

Correct. Only thing that might be construed as a diss is what Big C Style says at the beginning which was added by Death Row. It could be directed towards Snoop or it could just be a general statement.

D~Nice

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 09:41:56 PM »
And Daz already knew Mike Dean from working with Scarface and just the industry ties and probably just asked him to clean up the sound quality and mix it down. Liked his work and just decided for him to do the whole album.

Joe-Thee

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 09:52:59 PM »
And Daz already knew Mike Dean from working with Scarface and just the industry ties and probably just asked him to clean up the sound quality and mix it down. Liked his work and just decided for him to do the whole album.
yeah daz should try and hook up with mike dean again, they made som bangin beats together

D-Stress

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 04:54:48 AM »
wow lotta info here.

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 06:21:39 AM »
i think it was. the booklet in 2002 says it produced by daz. to me it sound lik a soopafly production

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 06:22:22 AM »

props for the info 8)

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 06:23:03 AM »

props for the info 8)