Author Topic: The best chance Death Row had at coming back.  (Read 668 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The best chance Death Row had at coming back.
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 04:04:19 AM »

kuruptDPG

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 04:44:30 AM »
Blame suge knight 4 that. If many albums wer put out, the sitution wit the westcoast wouldnt b so bad. I think Crooked i would even lead the westcoast f his shit got put out. I think i would say suge is partly at fault of how the west is fell off cuz he had some talent on tha row that he didnt even bothr putn out

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 05:38:39 AM »
Death Rows roster was too good to be true

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 07:09:11 AM »
RIP DR.
1992-1996
2006???
;)
ok thats an opinion i can live with even though i disagree 8)
but 2006 wasnt the end of deathrow .since suge is right now working on rebuilding the record label..including getting the master tapes back

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 07:17:33 AM »
RIP DR.
1992-1996
2006???
;)
but 2006 wasnt the end of deathrow .since suge is right now working on rebuilding the record label..including getting the master tapes back

offcourse i didn't mean it literally, but based on success and quality i would say it died in 1996  ;)

and what do you mean with rebuilding?
as of today Death Row is still bankrupt, and the lawsuits are still going on if i'm not mistaken.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 07:34:28 AM »
RIP DR.
1992-1996
2006???
;)

offcourse i didn't mean it literally, but based on success and quality i would say it died in 1996  ;)

as of today Death Row is still bankrupt, and the lawsuits are still going on if i'm not mistaken.
suges lawyers are fighting the main judgement against him and deathrow..and according to different people he should win that (  http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2008/03/18/19486687.aspx )
if thats the case he should be out of bankruptcy  and get the master tapes back

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 07:59:34 AM »
Saw this in someone's sig.  Look at that roster.  Crooked I, Left Eye, Kurupt, and Eastwood.  That group right there had so much potential.  Sad that they never fully took off.

That was in the spring of 2002.

Sufficient media exposure (be it positive or negative), Crooked I's Sisqo featured So Damn Hood single, a fully lined up roster waiting to be heard, affiliations with people like Ray J, Jadakiss, Juvenile, Rap-A-Lot and Murder Inc and I think even Natina Reed (Blaque) was about to sign.

If only DR had gotten a major distribution deal back then I think it could have been '94-'96 all over again.

They also had ties with 40 Glocc, Mobb Deep, and even Young Buck at one point.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 08:02:13 AM »
RIP DR.
1992-1996
2006???
;)

suges lawyers are fighting the main judgement against him and deathrow..and according to different people he should win that (  http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2008/03/18/19486687.aspx )
if thats the case he should be out of bankruptcy  and get the master tapes back

so another lawsuit; ok let's say that he gets the label running again, do you really expect something big from it ( not saying that you don't have the right to feel that way if this is true, but i'm just wondering what you think of death row's future)?

HEC

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2008, 08:45:19 AM »
honestly I dont think they were going to make any type of huge comeback, it was a dope roster but Death Row just had too much drama surrounding the company and was being poorly managed since about '96

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 08:52:37 AM »
honestly I dont think they were going to make any type of huge comeback, it was a dope roster but Death Row just had too much drama surrounding the company and was being poorly managed since about '96

actually it started with drama; Dre left Ruthless and no major label wanted to work with Dre because of the legal problems with Ruthless.

yes interscope wanted to distribute them, but that was mainly because the company was about to close it's doors.

it's crazy to see that death row is bankrupt, while interscope made 400 million off of death row
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 11:47:10 AM by Dre-Day - Officer of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

D-Stress

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 09:03:58 AM »
ok, i mean 1992-2006 8)
if i was suge i would release all unreleased tracks as compilations +1 or two  unreleased pac song on each comp.

EFFeX

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 09:27:52 AM »
Once that crew fell apart I PERSONALLY mark that as that end of the Death Row era... I don't even count the whole Petey Pablo thing.

HEC

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 10:38:53 AM »

actually it started with drama; Dre left Ruthless and no label wanted to work with Dre because of the legal problems with Ruthless.

yes interscope wanted to distribute them, but that was mainly because the company was about to close it's doors.

it's crazy to see that death row is bankrupt, while interscope made 400 million off of death row

your right about how it started off but they were new to the game then and it worked to their advantage a little, but after Dre's departure, Pac's Death, Suges incarceration, Snoop leaving the label I thought that was the final straw that broke their back. I was still a fan of Death Row during the 97-98 period when they released some dope albums, Gang Related, Rage, Daz but it wasnt the same as before.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 10:47:11 AM »
a great roster but no one will deal with suge so there was no chance of them getting exposure in the mainstream

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson