Author Topic: The best chance Death Row had at coming back.  (Read 636 times)

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The best chance Death Row had at coming back.
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008, 01:17:08 PM »
after the monster roster they had wit snoop pac n dre, the lable as a whole will be looked down after the top 3 , if they had worked as a unit woulda made it crooked i shuda have been the leader
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

MediumL

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008, 03:17:22 PM »
Thats a dope roster but usually once you blow up its almost impossible to re-ignite the flame cause everyone compares you to what was before.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2008, 04:47:04 PM »
honestly I dont think they were going to make any type of huge comeback, it was a dope roster but Death Row just had too much drama surrounding the company and was being poorly managed since about '96

I think the drama and controversy surrounding the label and ofcourse its CEO were the main reasons things never really worked out from 1997 on till let's say 2006. When Suge was sent to prison different people were "running" DR when they really shouldn't so ofcourse things got off track.
When he got out in 2001 everybody was familiar with those stories about these "unfortunate incidents" at DR. I mean what self respecting major record label would want to affiliate itself with a guy who has just gotten out of jail, who is running the most controversial record label of all time, the person who is seen by some as the one responsible for the deaths of hip hop's two biggest stars etc etc. Suge's gangsta personna eventually turned against him even till this day.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Mixtape Fan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2008, 04:52:06 PM »
honestly I dont think they were going to make any type of huge comeback, it was a dope roster but Death Row just had too much drama surrounding the company and was being poorly managed since about '96

I think the drama and controversy surrounding the label and ofcourse its CEO were the main reasons things never really worked out from 1997 on till let's say 2006. When Suge was sent to prison different people were "running" DR when they really shouldn't so ofcourse things got off track.
When he got out in 2001 everybody was familiar with those stories about these "unfortunate incidents" at DR. I mean what self respecting major record label would want to affiliate itself with a guy who has just gotten out of jail, who is running the most controversial record label of all time, the person who is seen by some as the one responsible for the deaths of hip hop's two biggest stars etc etc. Suge's gangsta personna eventually turned against him even till this day.

DAMM YEAH TRUE

NOW ITZ BLACKBALL RECORDS, THAT NAME SOUNDZ WAKK

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2008, 05:17:04 PM »
I don't blame Suge, Reggie Wright, or the artist. I blame the damn half assed marketing people and shit getting in Suge's ear with all that bullshit and non-sense. Suge would never release an album unless it was guaranteed to be platinum or so I have heard, which doesn't make sense to why he released all these compilations. Suge was the greatest C.E.O. to ever touch the face of the Earth, bitches couldn't handle the realness he brought to the table. He's the ONLY C.E.O. who was successful promoting his gang affiliations. Suge fucked over some of the artist, but on the real don't be a bitch and run to another label about it. The only reason we never saw Suge rise up again is because people were to afraid of the realness he'd bring back to the game. It really is a shame what happened to the 2nd Generation, what a dope fucking roster. I mean it really is a shame they were never released. I've heard some of the N.I.N.A. material, it's great shit. Anyone got that track from her Left Eye era called Reign Drop? Thanks in advance.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2008, 04:45:30 AM »
I don't blame Suge, Reggie Wright, or the artist. I blame the damn half assed marketing people and shit getting in Suge's ear with all that bullshit and non-sense. Suge would never release an album unless it was guaranteed to be platinum or so I have heard, which doesn't make sense to why he released all these compilations. Suge was the greatest C.E.O. to ever touch the face of the Earth, bitches couldn't handle the realness he brought to the table. He's the ONLY C.E.O. who was successful promoting his gang affiliations. Suge fucked over some of the artist, but on the real don't be a bitch and run to another label about it. The only reason we never saw Suge rise up again is because people were to afraid of the realness he'd bring back to the game. It really is a shame what happened to the 2nd Generation, what a dope fucking roster. I mean it really is a shame they were never released. I've heard some of the N.I.N.A. material, it's great shit. Anyone got that track from her Left Eye era called Reign Drop? Thanks in advance.

if he was the best CEO ever he wouldn't mix up entertainment with reality, or let his wife be manager of artists like snoop.