Author Topic: 100 Songs reviewed ** Review Of Every Soopafly Song Ever Made **  (Read 1839 times)

Mygla

Look at my writings.  I am a mature, educated individual.

oh man... I saw so many potential "quote of the month"s... but quoting them all would take me like twenty minutes, and to be quite honest, I don't really want to spend that much time on it. But here's some from the 20 first reviews ;D

He must have taken that advice from Soopafly, as there’s no way in hell snoop would ever figure out to make that much off of a hoe.

He talks about hooking up with a chick, then the chick having 4 of her niggaz trying to jump Soopa.  He gets away, drives back and shoots her.  It just goes to show that in the pimp game, sometimes you gotta check a hoe.  Pretty tight lyrics.  This is a good song to let the hoes know not to try to set up Soopafly as they’ll wind up dead.

“The bitch got a smart mouth, but the bitch is dumb.”.  Just a great play on words there. 

(About Kurupt crying) And obviously, it’s true, as I’d probably do the same thing if a nigga like Fly got in my face.

It’s probably one of the weaker tracks I’ve heard off the mixtape...........He doesn’t come hard on any hoes on this song
It’s letting everyone know that Soopafly’s main bitch will do it all for him.  He’s found a hoe that’s not quite as dumb as the usual bitches he pimps and he respects that.  And she gives him money and whatever else he wants.  She’s his bottom bitch. 

there’s some good lines in there…not really checkin any bitches though.

In the chorus, Fly tells bitches to turn around and back their asses up onto his cock, which is what they all should be doing regardless if they are in the club, on the streets, or at the grocery store. Fly shouldn’t have to keep telling them to do that, it should just be understood at this point in his career.

Then I started listening to it, and I was like, WTF, this sucks!  It’s like the feeling you get when you’re all ready to nail a chick and then her mom calls and her grandma just died or something like that, and you’re just sitting there all disappointed knowing you are not going to get what you want.

You sure like it when Soopa comes hard on these hoes... I think you may have some motherly issues or something.

Johnny B

Look at my writings.  I am a mature, educated individual.

oh man... I saw so many potential "quote of the month"s... but quoting them all would take me like twenty minutes, and to be quite honest, I don't really want to spend that much time on it. But here's some from the 20 first reviews ;D

He must have taken that advice from Soopafly, as there’s no way in hell snoop would ever figure out to make that much off of a hoe.

He talks about hooking up with a chick, then the chick having 4 of her niggaz trying to jump Soopa.  He gets away, drives back and shoots her.  It just goes to show that in the pimp game, sometimes you gotta check a hoe.  Pretty tight lyrics.  This is a good song to let the hoes know not to try to set up Soopafly as they’ll wind up dead.

“The bitch got a smart mouth, but the bitch is dumb.”.  Just a great play on words there.

(About Kurupt crying) And obviously, it’s true, as I’d probably do the same thing if a nigga like Fly got in my face.

It’s probably one of the weaker tracks I’ve heard off the mixtape...........He doesn’t come hard on any hoes on this song
It’s letting everyone know that Soopafly’s main bitch will do it all for him.  He’s found a hoe that’s not quite as dumb as the usual bitches he pimps and he respects that.  And she gives him money and whatever else he wants.  She’s his bottom bitch. 

there’s some good lines in there…not really checkin any bitches though.

In the chorus, Fly tells bitches to turn around and back their asses up onto his cock, which is what they all should be doing regardless if they are in the club, on the streets, or at the grocery store. Fly shouldn’t have to keep telling them to do that, it should just be understood at this point in his career.

Then I started listening to it, and I was like, WTF, this sucks!  It’s like the feeling you get when you’re all ready to nail a chick and then her mom calls and her grandma just died or something like that, and you’re just sitting there all disappointed knowing you are not going to get what you want.

You sure like it when Soopa comes hard on these hoes... I think you may have some motherly issues or something.

lmao, I think he may be in love with Soopafly.

Johnny B

To TwistedSmoke--- First of all, major props on your kurupt thread.  Sounds like you are as big of a fan of his as I am as Soopafly.  I'm just glad Fly only has about 170 songs to keep track of instead of the literally thousands of songs kurupt has out now.  That's a big job.  And thanks for the confirmation about the Gangbang Music track.  I figured if anyone knew about that kurupt track, it'd be you. 

Yeah, you know, I still have a little hostility towards kurupt for all the disses he made to fly during the time they were beefing, but i'm glad they back together, cause like I said, they make a great team.  I really praise kurupt in some future song reviews here, like "Represent That GC" and "Way Too Often", so I give the man alot of respect too.  I'll probably diss him in the "Talking Bout Riccy" track review, but that's what the song is about LOL.  You know, i'm sure it's a past both men aren't real proud of, but we shouldn't just pretend it never happened.  But again, big props on how you disagreed with me, but you did it in a nice civilized way, and we can have an open discussion about it.  And I dig kurupt alot, really I do.  I got alot of his songs as well...On My Way and Final Testament are just amazing tracks. 

AC Grundy---thanks for the mention of those songs that had some bomb soopafly production.  But i'm only review songs in which he is featured on.  As even I don't know every track that Fly has produced, so i'm not about to go find all of those LOL.  But yeah, both those tracks you mentioned were fire.

Thanks for the Reply.

It's all good Homie, I just hope I was not rude.
I am sure you support Soopa the same way I support Kurupt.

I too enjoy talking about the Beef.
In the begining Kurupt did not even want to Diss.
He wanted to work for Death Row AND stay down with the Homies.

But the Homies all jumped on board with Snoops Beef with Suge and started Dissing Kurupt.
Im sure it was Heart-Breaking for Gotti.
These were His Best Friends and they turned on him over a buisness Deal he made to help support his family.
Over the next year or so: All the Homies started Dissing him.
As a result Kurupt came out with a Heart Full of Fire and Anger and proceded to Diss his Former Best Friends.

So Suge's Plan to Fuck Up the Homies Worked Perfectly.

"I Didn't Change" was Kurupts First Response after all the dissing.
Great track straight from the Heart.
He does not even diss on the track, he just poured out his soul with some Real Talk.
After that, Kurupt entered into one of the most Vicious and RAW Eras of his entire Carreer.
DEATH ROW KURUPT AKA Gotti Adolf Hitler AKA Gotti Bin Ladin.

Kurupt/Death Row, DAZ, Soopa, Snoop and Bad Azz all dropped some KILLER Diss tracks during that era.
During the Beef I still continued to support all the artists but obviously Kurupt was my # 1.  8)

yea, Suge's a bitch.

end of story. ;D

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
no vaseline part 2 is one of my favorite kurupt traccs of all time
one of my favorite westcoast traccs ever
and one of my favorite traccs i have ever heard

i didnt change is cool but i like im back more
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
this thread is JOKE, there are some proper DPG obsessed fans on this forum..It makes me wonder if these people do anything else but think about Soopafly or Kurupt...

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Re: 100 Songs reviewed ** Review Of Every Soopafly Song Ever Made **
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2008, 05:34:10 AM »
I ran out of room in my initial post.  Reviews 1-70 are at the beginning, here's the continuation of the song reviews:

71.   I Don’t Hang Remix (I Don’t Hang promo single)
This remix is quite a bit darker than the original.  The remix features Judah Ranks.  He’s the Jamaican dude that was on the song “4 Eyez 2 Headz” by the Twinz (that Fly produced BTW).  He handles the chorus of this song and is completely different.  Same verses as the other two versions, but this song also uses all clean lyrics.  I don’t know if a dirty version of this remix exists…if it does, I don’t have it.  Rating 7/10. 

72.   I Don’t Know (Deucez N Trayz – Eastsidaz)
DJ Pooh handles the intro on this one, in a W-Ballz DJ character.  Soopafly only handles the chorus on this song, which is a bummer, as I’d love to hear him spit on this track.   Him and Latoiya Williams trade lines in the chorus discussing how they brought out the freak in each other.  I guess since Soopafly isn’t gonna spit pimp game on this track, it might as well be Suga Free.  He takes the last verse and has some great lines: “And how much I mean to you?  I don’t care. Especially if your lacking that dolla, then I don’t care” and “And your whereabouts, please, there’s not a bone in my body that’ll probably allow me to attempt to pretend you’re something I care about.”  Whew try saying that line 10 times fast!  Suga Free might be the only man who could come close to matching Soopafly’s pimp game.  Rating 8/10

73.   I Don’t Think So (Unreleased Westurn Union song)
Another unreleased Westurn Union song.  Soopafly and the two other guys trade lyrics line for line.  It’s a different approach to the standard song formua and kind of reminds me of what 2Pac and Tha Outlawz did on the “Teardrops and Closed Caskets” song.  I’m not sure it works real well with these guys as I don’t think they pull it off real well.  The beat is good, but not great on this one, kind of monotonous.  I think this one is better staying unreleased.  You can tell it’s an early song they did and you almost get the feeling they still trying to feel each other out on this one, as they haven’t yet formed the tight unit that they eventually come in later songs.  Snoop handles the chorus on this one too.  Rating 6/10.

74.   I Get Around 2004 (Unreleased Daz song)
You’ve all heard 2Pac’s I Get Around, straight classic song right there.  Well I guess this is like a tribute/remake of the original.  But Daz copies the song near line for line.  Daz is 2pac, Soopafly handles Shock G’s part when he says “Round N round, round we go” in the background.  And Fly also takes Money B’s verse from the original and repeats it word for word.  This dude named Chops takes Shock G’s actual verse.  Daz was really into 2Pac at this time, trying to release the Makaveli and Dillinger EP and naming a bunch of his songs after 2Pac songs “like Ambitions Az A Rida 2 and Gangsta Party 2” and stuff like that.  Remakes usually never live up to the originals, and this is no exception.  No one sounds better on a Pac track than Pac himself, so why even try?  I feel this song deserves a lower rating because the rappers were confined to basically repeat 2Pac’s verses, they couldn’t get creative or anything on this track.  When I feel like bumping this, I bump the original.  Rating 3/10.

75.   I’ll Beat Yo Azz (DPGC U Know What I’m Throwin Up – Daz)
Once again, another song by Daz that says “features Soopafly” and the dude hardly does anything on the song.  Fly talks in the first verse for about 5 seconds, and you can here his voice in the background of the instrumental, but that’s it.  I’m kind of mad that Daz continually uses false advertising to get us Soopafly fans to buy his songs thinking the man is going to be rapping on them when he isn’t.  I’m assuming this song is about Suge and Kurupt, calling them queers and traders, although he never mentions them by name in this song.  Nothing special here, as Daz’s dissing songs got old after a while.  Rating 4/10.

76.   I’m Threw Witchu (Rhythm and Gangsta – Snoop Dogg)
A Nine Inch Dix song right here.  All singing in this song, no rapping.  It’s funny, but basically they singing about how they need to leave their hoe because she won’t listen to them and she won’t shut the fuck up.  I’m slightly confused because in other songs, when Fly’s hoes won’t listen to him, he beats them and kicks them leaving toe sandals in their mouths.  But in this song, he takes the nonviolent approach and just leaves.  The best part of this song is spoken by Daz at the end of the song.  Daz basically tells his bitch how it is.  He has everything, she has nothing.  Daz then kicks the bitch out of her own house, the proceeds to move the bitch’s sister in and screws her instead.  Now that’s some hard pimpin right there, I didn’t think Daz had it in him like that, but I guess he do.  You gotta figure after hanging out with Fly for 10 years straight, some of his pimp game gotta start to rub off.  Straight comedy song, nothing else.  Rating 4/10

77.   Intro (Gang Meeting) (Revenge, Retaliation, and Get Back – Daz)
A long skit starts off this song (near 2 minutes long).  The skit is about arranging a gang meeting.  Then, the beat kicks in and kurupt tears the beat up.  I feel that this point of his career is when Kurupt was the best.  Tray Deee handles the next verse, followed by Daz.  Next up is Soopafly, Bad Azz and Techneic.  Straight bangin beat right here.  I know Daz was trying to make a group called “The Gang”.  But I never could figure out who exactly was supposed to be in it.  I thought it was Daz, Soopafly, Tray Deee, and either Bad Azz or Techniec.  But then on the Gang Related Soundtrack, they had a song “Hollywood Bank Robbery” and Soopafly wasn’t on it, so I guess he wasn’t in “The Gang” at that time.  In any event, that would have been an awesome album if it would have ever went down.  Another casualty of Death Row and Suge’s wishy-washy attitude I guess.  Rating 7/10. 

78.   Introduction To Mayhem (DPGC U Know What I’m Throwin Up – Daz)
This song was not on the original version of DPGC U Know What I’m Throwin Up.  Daz had the original album ready to go, then Suge released it on the Death Row website for free download.  It was a pretty funny move.  It caused Daz to delay the album a few weeks and add new songs and Snoop interludes to entice people to go out and buy the album after the original leak.  I remember something about Daz wanting to release a rock/rap album and I bet this song was supposed to be on it, but he took it and released it on the DPGC album instead.  The beat on here sucks.  I can’t even tell what Soopafly is rapping about in this one, as the beat is just so distracting.  I guess we can thank Suge for getting to hear this song, as it wouldn’t have been released on this CD if it wasn’t for him, but it is not good at all.  Sounds like it was made in about 2 minutes.  Rating 1/10.

79.   It Ain’t About You (Streetz Iz A Mutha – Kurupt)
Oh man, now this song is awesome!  I still bump this song constantly to this day.  If I could only listen to 10 Soopafly songs for the rest of my life, this would be one of them.  At the beginning, you can hear a phone conversation in which Kurupt practically begs Fly to lace him with a beat, well Fly gives in and it’s on.  I can’t really put it into words, but their voices just follow the beat perfectly on this song.  I love the chorus on this, as it’s a bitch begging Soopafly for a bunch of stuff, and he’s just denying her.  She wants to ride in his car, smoke his weed, borrow a dolla, give her his number, and buy her dinner.  He denies her every time and then leaves her hanging.  After Kurupt’s verse (in which he wants to get a bad bitch from Connecticut LOL), Tray Deee comes on and just murders the beat in the gangsta style that only he can bring.  Rating 10/10

80.   It’s A Party (Money Run – Bad Azz)
This sounds like a great summertime song.  It’s not real gangsta, but that’s OK, because that’s just not what this song is about.  Soopafly starts the song off and immediately spits a great line “I got hoes in a circle, bitch stop being square”.  Again, another great play of words on that one.  Latoiya Williams sings the chorus beautifully.  Then Bad Azz comes on.  He does pretty good, but he seems to fall a little further every album he releases.  His first album (Word On The Streetz) was the best and they progressively get worse.  He’s aged and all the weed smoke might be getting to him lyrically sort of like what happened to kurupt.  The song is shorter, barely over 3 mintues and is only 2 verses, but the beat helps this one out.  Rating 8/10

81.   Julio G Theme 2001
This song is like one big advertisement for the Julio G show on 92.3 the beat.  I’m not sure how they used this song, as it seems too long to be used for the beginning of his show, but I don’t know for sure, as I never heard the show on the radio before.  Fredwreck produced this and is a nice beat.  Snoop start off with a nice sound effect of the pouring of Moet with orange juice in it.  Then snoop takes the first verse, followed by Soopafly, then Xzibit.  After that, Snoop comes back in and freestyles another short verse.  It’s a pretty long song at just over 4 mintues for just being a radio promo.  It’s average, as since they are all just freestyling, no bomb ass lines are really spoken here.  Rating 5/10.

82.   Julio G Theme 2002
Another Fredwreck produced song for 92.3 the Beat Westside Radio.  Someone from the Likwit Crew starts off the first verse, followed by Soopafly.  Snoop then spits a pretty long verse.  Tray Deee does a little cameo at the end shouting out Dogghouse records.  This must have been made around the same time “Last Meal” was made, as Snoop refers to it several times.  One thing you’ll notice is that they all curse several times throughout the song and it has to be censored.  Now you’d think if they were making this for a radio version, the rappers wouldn’t curse on their verses, but I guess they couldn’t control themselves. Snoop says “2001” several times on this track, but when I got this off the internet, it as labeled at the 2002 theme, so I’m not sure if it’s an accurate title or not.  This beat is a little harder than the previous Julio G theme.  Rating 6/10

83.   Keeps It Rockin (Unreleased with Lady of Rage)
Unfortunately, this is another song that suffers from bad quality.  To my knowledge it’s the only song Soopafly has ever done with The Lady Of Rage.  I think this is a Westside Radio Julio G promo, as it sounds like it was recorded off the radio and both of them shout out Julio G and Westside radio.  Soopafly and Rage trade off verses throughout the song.  Rating 3/10

84.   Killaz (Unreleased) (The Big Squeeze Advance)
This is an unreleased song the The Big Squeeze Advance album…maybe it will turn up on the Warzone album.  A real simplistic beat, but Westurn Union, Warzone, and Snoop all rip the beat pretty good.  I think if they beat was tweaked a little bit, this song could be a hit.  Soopafly only has a short verse in this one, and raps in his more lyrical style, instead of his more humorous bitch checking style.  Rating 5/10

85.   Let Her Be (Welcome To Tha Chuuch mixtape)
Oh, now this beat is bangin!  This is classic Soopafly right here.  The chorus goes “If the bitch ain’t feelin pimpin, let her be”.  You ever hear the saying “If you love something, let it go, if it comes back it’s yours, if it doesn’t, it was never meant to be”?  That’s the gist of this song.  He’s letting the hoes in his stable know that if they ain’t ready to be pimped, there’s the door, see ya later!  He knows there’s at least 100 other hoes that would give their left breast to be in Soopafly’s stable, so it’s a real honor to be employed by Soopafly, so if she ain’t happy, she’s gone.  Soopafly rides the beat for a full 3 verses, straight fire!  Rating 10/10

86.   Light That Shit Up (Doggystyle All-Stars Vol. 1)
This song has some weird indian music going in the background.  This beat is pretty weak, sounds too eastcoast for my taste.  Classic line from this song:  “Bitch costly, dealin with a nigga so bossy, two times the Ike on em, I’m awful rough on them, slap off the dust on them”  Great verse by Fly that was wasted on this song.  Snoop and RBX come OK on this track, but the beat’s too annoying for me, and Kokane’s typical whining at the end just seals the deal right there.  Rating 3/10

87.   Like Doin It Too (Unreleased) (Paid The Cost To Be The Boss Advance)
I don’t know the history of this song, as I thought it was unreleased, but then on youtube, I saw a video for this song so maybe it was released on something that I am not aware of.  Now why would they make a video for this?  Soopafly and Snoop trade lines back and forth for each verse.  Soopafly has a good line: “Let the dolla bill talk, talk to me, it’s a pimp’s duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie”.  I cracked up when I heard that line for the first time.  It’s a song about these stupid bitches who try to act like they are all uptight and act like they don’t like doing kinky stuff, but you know damn well they like doing all that freaky stuff.  Soopafly is totally pulling their trump card on this song.  I can totally relate to this song, as I’ve known tons of hoes like this and once you get about two drinks in them and close the door, they become animals.  Oh yeah, anyway, the beat is weak on this song, so that kills the rating.  Rating 4/10

88.   Like It Or Not (Dat Woopty Woop / Chronic 2000)
Now this is the song right here that made me a Soopafly fan!  The first time I heard this, I was like “oh man, I ain’t heard nothing like this before!”  It’s faster upbeat track and soopafly totally rides the beat all the way.  The song sounds really busy, and even when there are silences in Soopafly’s raps, there are sound effects going in the background.  It sounds like the dude never takes a breath in this song!  I went on vacation to Cali back in 2000 and I couldn’t believe it, but they were playing this on the radio out there.  Man, that just made my whole vacation.  I was bumping it on my CD player the whole time.  There aren’t any super funny lines in this song, but rather it’s just an introduction to Soopafly and his pimpin ways.  We wouldn’t find out all the details of his pimpin until subsequent songs after this one.  He tells bitches they ain’t getting nothing in this song, not even cheeseburgers.  That’s the best part, you can get a cheeseburger at McDonalds for like a dollar, and Fly still won’t even spend that on a bitch, that’s just great right there.  If this song never existed, I don’t know if I would have become as big of a fan of Fly as I am now.  I didn’t even realize they shot a video for this until years later.  They never showed it on TV.  That was probably a good thing, cause after I saw the video of Fly running around town and stuff, I thought, the video was corny.  It’s not at all what I pictured a video of this song to look like.  Oh well.  Oh yeah, and the finishing touch was putting the lovely Val Young on the track.  Val Young is almost the female version of Soopafly.  I don’t think I’ve ever heard a wack song with her on it.  Rating 10/10.

89.   Like This (Blue Carpet Treatment – Snoop Dogg)
This song was the first introduction of the Westurn Union to the mainstream audience, via Snoop’s album “Blue Carpet Treatment”.  And it’s hot.  The beat is great, kind of like a 70’s disco type vibe to it.  Just real mellow.  The chorus on this song is so smooth, it sounds like Fly is singing it.  Lucc and Demani spit a short verse, followed by Soopafly, and just when the song starts getting good, like everyone’s getting into the zone, Snoop comes on and steals the last verse from the Westurn Union and never gives the mic back.  Still a dope song even though there isn’t a lot of Fly in it.  Rating 9/10

90.   Lollipop (Paid The Cost To Be The Boss – Snoop Dogg)
The beat on this song is retarded.  Sounds like some Indian type song.  The whistle in the background is cool, as it reminds me of “Lil Ghetto Boy” by Dr. Dre, the rest sucks.  And the chicks in the chorus are really annoying.  “Soopa doopa you so fly”...WTF kind of chorus is that. Great pimp line by Fly here “I don’t really need no relationship, all I had in mind was my dick, your face and lips”.  That just gets right to the point.  We all know hoes are only good for sucking, but most guys are too afraid to say what we all are thinking, but Fly has the balls to just say it.  Snoop and Jay-Z are also on this song, and Jay-Z was added on after the fact.  He ruined the song as he sounds like such an idiot trying to rap like he’s a pimp, yet he’s the most whipped dude I’ve ever seen.  Beyonce has him on such a tight leash that he gets choked whenever he strays more that a foot from her.  Jigga has a lot to learn from Soopafly.  Nate Dogg comes on at the end and tries to save the song, but there’s no hope.   Rating 4/10.

91.   Losing Control (Tha Last Meal – Snoop Dogg)
I’m thinking that this song was supposed to be Soopafly’s introduction into the mainstream.  It was the third single off Tha Last Meal.  The album was starting to lose steam by this point and Snoop was preparing for Doggystyle record’s next release, which was, from my understanding, supposed to be Soopafly’s album.  The song got Fly into the mainstream, as I saw the video several times on BET and heard it on the radio.  So what did snoop do?  Shelve Fly’s album.  Great business move there snoop!  Anyway, the song is good, but man, someone else must have wrote Fly’s lyrics on this one.  He’s talking about being so much in love he forgot his rhymes and made him cry?  Come on!  That’s not the pimp that I know.  I guess it’s good this song didn’t make Fly blow up, because to be mainstream these days, you gotta kiss bitches’ asses, and it appears to be what Snoop was trying to have Soopafly start doing.  Butch Cassidy sings at the end and finishes the song nicely.  Some of Soopafly’s wussiest lyrics, but I bet Snoop wrote them for him…but the strange thing is, even with the weak lyrics, the song is still pretty good.  Rating 8/10

92.   Make My Living (Cydalwayz - Cydal album)
Now this is what makes me think Soopafly is a really charitable man.  Cydal? T-Luni? Who is that?  What did these fools do to earn a Soopafly feature?  I’m racking my brain to this day trying to figure it out.  And it’s basically a Soopafly song.  He takes the first two verses as well as the chorus.  And he kills it with some real dope lyrics…not pimp lyrics, but gangsta lyrics.  He has a great opening line “I stomp down your whole compound”, that’s just such a vicious rhyme.  Then T-Luni takes the third verse and falls flat on his face.  The water vapor from Soopafly’s breath was still fresh on the mic, and this dude couldn’t do a thing with it.  He’s talking all over himself, like he’s nervous to be in the same room with Soopafly, which I probably would be too.  But this sounds like an older song, so Fly probably wasn’t as great of a pimp as he is now, so why the dude is still nervous, I don’t know.  It must have just been Fly’s aura.  The song is still good though, as the beat is pretty decent, must be a Fly production.  Rating 8/10

93.   Mamacita (Next Friday Sdtk)
I’m not big into Mexican rap music, and this song sounds just like that type of music.  Don Cisco and some other Mexican start out rapping.  They speak half English, half Spanish, and I can’t understand a bunch of it as I’m American and only understand English.  Soopafly takes the second verse and does a good job.  The song is clean, which is weird, as I have the dirty version of the Next Friday soundtrack, but the song is still clean.  So Fly has to behave himself on this one, so he can’t let loose the real hardcore bitch checkin lyrics.  He does say “dick” in the song which gets scratched out.  Kurupt handles the last verse and does a nice job.  After the first verse of the song, it starts to pick up and ends up finishing up into a decent song.  Ratin 6/10

94.   Mutha Funk Christmas (Unreleased Dogghouse Xmas album)
Meech posted this on dubcnn.com.  Apparently this was from an unreleased Xmas album Snoop had planned for Dogghouse records.  I’m really glad this never got released.  Snoop is obsessed with these corny Xmas rap songs.  Soopafly is rapping about being the grinch and hating Xmas….whatever.  This song doesn’t fit his pimping mentality at all.  Kokane and Snoop are also on this song and their verses are just as stupid.   Then at the end, snoop starts talking like a damn fool with his stupid voice he does.  Geez, snoop nearly killed off Fly’s career with all this Doggystyle All-Star crap he was making Fly participate in.  Thank God for that song “Bangin Westcoast” that ended up resurrecting this man’s career.  Rating 2/10

95.   Neva Gonna Give It Up (The Streetz Iz A Mutha – Kurupt)
Now this is more like it.  A big DPGC posse cut!  One of two big posse cuts from Kurupt’s Streetz Iz A Mutha album.  This not quite as good as the other posse cut, “Represent That GC”, but it’s still awesome.  It’s got Kurupt, Warren G, Nate Dogg, Soopafly, Tray Deee and Snoop.  The only one mysteriously missing is Daz, too bad he didn’t jump on this beat too.  All these guys kill this one, even snoop who says “I wish a bitch would try to get me for some child support, I’ll stick a foot up her ass”.  Huh?  When did snoop grow some nuts?  Had to be from hanging around Soopafly.  Soopafly is the cleanup man on this song and he takes the last verse.  Now normally on guest appearances, this would be the worst spot for Soopafly to be at because you’d have to listen to all the crap to get to his verse, but in this case, the beginning of the song is just as good as the end.  Rating 10/10

96.   Next Time (Westurn Union Mixtape)
This song has a neat twist to it.  It’s a love song, but instead of talking about some worthless nappy bitch, the Westurn Union is spitting about missing the Westcoast, and they are glad to have it back.  It’s got an awesome sample going on in the background during the chorus.  I love how the beat switches up between the chorus and the verses.  Lucc’s verse is probably the weakest on here, as he starts off rapping too fast, trying to cram too many words into each line, but after a few lines, he settles in and it’s tight.  This is a great song with a fresh brand new Westcoast feel to it. There have been very few newer westcoast joints I’ve been feeling, just because I don’t like a lot of the newer sound, but this right here is great.  Rating 9/10

97.   Not Like It Was (Doggystyle All-Stars Vol. 1)
This is probably the best posse cut from this CD.  It still doesn’t hold a candle to most Soopafly songs, but it is pretty tight for this CD, I must admit.  Nothing really stands out lyrically about this song, the beat is pretty good though, and the chicks singing the chorus are good.  RBX takes the last verse, and he does a good job.  It’s pretty catchy.  It’s a short song though, but that’s cool.  Just when it starts to wear on you, it’s over.  And that idiot Kokane isn’t whining on this one.  Rating 6/10

98.   Not Like It Was Remix (Ripp Tha Game Bloody - RBX)
Here we get a weird sounding remix.  This one is worse than the original.  They didn’t change any of their lyrics at all other than the chorus, and guess who’s on it, yup, Kokane wailing away.  If you bought RBX’s CD (which I did), on the front it says “featuring Snoop, Soopafly, E-White, etc”.  And you get all excited like there’s gonna be a new Soopafly feature on it, but it’s just this dumb song.  On the back of the CD, they title it “Tell It RMX” to try to confuse Soopafly fans into thinking there’s a new Soopafly feature on it.  RBX, that tricky bastard, although I’m sure it was Daz’s idea, since he was the one that released the CD.  Rating 2/10

99.   Number 1 (Bangin Westcoast)
A great W-Ballz intro starts this song off.  This song is slow, but it’s got a great beat.  I love Nate Dogg singing the chorus, he does a great job on this one.  I bet this was one of the “new Dogg Pound” songs that they made while they were feuding with kurupt, as they say the dogg pound is on the song, but kurupt is nowhere to be found.  It appears to be about a bitch whom Soopafly at first wants to recruit into his stable, but after he talks to her a bit, he realizes she’s his number 1, and decides to just keep her for himself and screw her all the time and not share her with anyone.  That’s cool with me, as he should be able to get the pick of the litter, as long as he doesn’t start respecting her or anything like that.  I love it at the end how you can order the “Pimpin on a bitch package” that contains a back slap, a swift kick in the ass, and a book “101 ways to get my money, bitch”.  That only bad part is the song cuts off before he can list the phone number to call to order the package, as I would have bought at least one, maybe two.  Rating 10/10

100.   OG To BG (Chronic 2000)
This song was a last minute replacement of a Dr. Dre song on the Cronic 2000.  Originally, there was supposed to be an old Dr. Dre song on here, like “Tha HoHopper” or something like that, like the intro of the song says.  But Dre sued, so at the last minute they had to change up the tracklist, and Suge threw this song on there.  I’m glad, as I’d much rather have a Soopafly song than a CDQ version of Next Episode OG or Tha HoHopper.  It’s an old DPG cut, but I can’t quite figure out what CD this was meant for, it sound too new to be a Doggfood leftover, so I wonder if it might have been for their next CD they were working on “Westcoast Aftershock”.  Daz mentions Dr. Dre in a favorable manner in his verse, so it has to be no newer than 1996.  Or it’s possible it’s a leftover from Soopafly’s debut album, but it just sounds more like a dogg pound song to me.  Bascially they all rap about how they became OG’s.  It’s got the whole dogg pound on it, Daz, kurupt, snoop, and fly.  Only one missing is Nate Dogg.  Beat is a little weak, but not too bad.  Rating 8/10.

101.   Oh Yeah, Rough (Welcome To Tha Chuuch mixtape)
102.   Out The Moon (Gridlock’d Sdtk)
103.   Out The Moon OG Daz Mix (Unreleased)
104.   Pass That Dutch Bitch (Welcome To Tha Chuuch mixtape)
105.   Phone Conversation (Dat Woopty Woop album)
106.   Pimp City (Dat Woopty Woop album)
107.   Pimp Strut (Daz’s Westcoast Rydaz compilation)
108.   Playin Games (Dat Woopty Woop album)
109.   Poor (Barrington Levy album)
110.   Pow (Hustle) (The Shining – RBX)
111.   Pussy Whipped (The Westcoast Never Dies compilation – Trapp)
112.   Put The Monkey In It (Nothin To Lose Sdtk)
113.   Put Your Hands Up (Pleezabeleevit - Doggys Angels)
114.   Raised On The Side (Doggystyle All-Stars Vol. 1)
115.   Ready (Bangin Westcoast)
116.   Represent That GC (The Streetz Iz A Mutha – Kurupt)
117.   Runnin Out Of Time (Welcome To Tha Chuuch mixtape)
118.   Say It Again (Bangin Westcoast)
119.   Sexy Lady (Young Lyfe song)
120.   Shudna Broughter (Bangin Westcoast)
121.   Smacc Yo Azz (Bangin Westcoast)
122.   So High (Welcome To Tha Chuuch mixtape)
123.   Something To Bounce To (Return of the Regulator – Warren G)
124.   Soopastar (Road Kings Sountrack)
125.   Spend Some Time (The Big Squeeze)
126.   Start Pimpin (Welcome To Tha Chuuch mixtape)
127.   Steelers (Unreleased)
128.   Step Ya Game Up (Welcome To Tha Chuuch mixtape)
129.   Talented (Bangin Westcoast)
130.   Talkin Bout Riccy (Unreleased)
131.   Thank God For My Life (Revenge, Retaliation, and Get Back – Daz)
132.   That Way (Bangin Westcoast)
133.   The Turnaround (Bangin Westcoast)
134.   Then She Got It (Welcome To Tha Chuuch mixtape)
135.   There Will Never Be Another (Dat Woopty Woop album)
136.   They Don’t Want It (Unreleased)
137.   They May Fuck With You (Escape From Death Row compilation)
138.   This Spot (We From The LBC Compilation)
139.   This Type Of Flow (Dat Woopty Woop album)
140.   Underestimated (Dru Down album)
141.   Viscious Flow (Lollipop promo w/0 Jay-Z)
142.   Way Too Often (Dat Woopty Woop album)
143.   We Came To Bang Out (The Big Squeeze)
144.   We Go Hard (The Big Squeeze)
145.   We Gonna Ride (Unreleased Snoop Song)
146.   Western Conference (Bangin Westcoast Online album)
147.   What’cha About (Intro) (Dogg Pound 2002)
148.   Where The Hoez At (Welcome To Tha Chuuch mixtape)
149.   Which One of You (Rhythm and Gangsta – Snoop Dogg)
150.   Whistle While You Hustle (213 The Hardway Import release bonus track)
151.   Who’s World Is It (Unreleased Dat Woopty Woop leftover)
152.   Why You Wanna Act That Way (Dat Woopty Woop album)
153.   Wrong Move (Bangin Westcoast)
154.   Y’all Niggaz Better Recognize (Dat Woopty Woop album)
155.   You Might Get G’eed (Too Short album)
156.   You Thought (Doggfather – Snoop Dogg)
157.   Your Gyrlfriend 2 (RAW – Daz / Dogg Pound 2002)
158.   Your Love Is Tha Shit Remix (Who Ride With Us Compilation – Daz)

Portugoal

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2011, 07:41:47 AM »
Apart from the songs on his new album, is this list complete?

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2011, 07:44:54 AM »

no,

SoopaflyDPGC, u should continue wit this. im sure u have alot of new stuff to review, cuz the list hasnt been updated for 3 yrs now.  8)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 07:46:52 AM by Michael Madsen (British saliva on my dick) »

Portugoal

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2011, 07:46:19 AM »

no

If no one's gonna do a DPGC Legacy of Soopafly, I will :banana_rock:

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2011, 07:50:45 AM »

no

u have my blessings  8)

but u might wanna discuss it wit SoopaflyDPG (maybe a collaboration?)... Soopafly is his "territory" lmao  :laugh:

polepositon

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2011, 11:21:25 AM »
damn. you  :love: you some him.

Funkstradamus

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2011, 02:17:51 PM »

no

u have my blessings  8)

but u might wanna discuss it wit SoopaflyDPG (maybe a collaboration?)... Soopafly is his "territory" lmao  :laugh:
yeah...work with Soopafly DPGC and you wont miss a single track...

Quadruple OG

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2011, 03:08:17 PM »
There's quotables for weeks in this thread. I'm awaiting reviews of the following tracks, tons of bitch checking in these:

Pimp City
Pussy Whipped
This Type of Flow
You Thought
Your Gyrlfriend 2

Game-Won

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2011, 12:10:44 AM »
Man thats alot of effort right thurr.

pat yourself on ya shoulders, nice job man.

"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

arubiano83

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2011, 04:26:23 AM »
How Can u you forget ' i aint shit without my homeboys ' ??? Thats a 11/10 song!!