Author Topic: WHY IS I GOT 5 ON IT TRACK SO BIG?  (Read 1011 times)

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: WHY IS I GOT 5 ON IT TRACK SO BIG?
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2008, 07:24:05 AM »
its a weed smoking anthem. its great. love the bay ballaz version. i also like the reprise version.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2008, 07:27:47 AM »
its a weed smoking anthem. its great. love the bay ballaz version. i also like the reprise version.
anyone got the bay Ballaz version to post? i cant find the cd i got it on
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2008, 07:42:22 AM »
i could see someone not liking it if they had never heard the song before up unitll now......but if you were around when this song was brand new, i really couldnt understand you not liking it.......but the song is like, what, 13 years old......so dude was 10 when it was banging all over cali....yeah, i could see you not gettin' it......but to me, like many of the previous posters have said, the song takes me back to a great time, (summer of 95' 11th grade summer school before all that year round shit)....man, the weed was good, the 40's were cold and the bitches were plenty......those were the fuckin' days!
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2008, 09:04:38 PM »
i could see someone not liking it if they had never heard the song before up unitll now......but if you were around when this song was brand new, i really couldnt understand you not liking it.......but the song is like, what, 13 years old......so dude was 10 when it was banging all over cali....yeah, i could see you not gettin' it......but to me, like many of the previous posters have said, the song takes me back to a great time, (summer of 95' 11th grade summer school before all that year round shit)....man, the weed was good, the 40's were cold and the bitches were plenty......those were the fuckin' days!
the song is the shit and its so true
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2008, 02:06:43 AM »
Even if you aint feling the raps how can you not feel this beat? shits dope!

jaytee

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2008, 11:39:42 PM »
You said yourself that you got into rap in 2002 so it's not going to hold the same weight to you as it would somebody who's been listening to Hip-Hop for years and can remember where they were when they first heard the song or what was going on in their lives at the time.  The same can be said for any type of music.  The people who were around when it first dropped are going to have the nostalgic/emotional ties because they lived it.  If you just heard something for the first time (that was released years ago) you may be feeling it but the appreciation is not necessarily the same.  Chuck Knoxxx knows what's up.  On other boards, some of these guys have their Hip-Hop history down to a science but because they were too young or not listening to it at the time it dropped, all they can really judge is their exterior (lyrics/production).  They can't identify with the heart and soul of it was.