Author Topic: Project Pat interview  (Read 58 times)

Philip1123

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Project Pat interview
« on: April 19, 2008, 03:45:51 AM »
posted on www.worldwideconnected.com

WorldwideConnected.com: Tell me about the new album...

The name of the album is “Walking Bank Roll” and it's off the chain. It's in stores right now. I have the number one ring tone in North America right now called “Don’t Call Me No More.” I got the hottest single out right now called “You Can Rubber Band Me.” I am just trying to put it out there to let the people know that the album is straight dirty south, straight ghetto, straight hood, and straight street. I aint skipping no steps or nothing. At Hypnotized Minds we always make street music and if we cross over to a cross over audience then cool. The song “Stay Fly” had 11,000 spins last year a week, but at the same time the original song was “Stay High.” For radio purposes we came out with “Stay Fly.” Down south that is all we doing! They didn’t make the song for cross over, they made it for the streets. It just crossed over like that! “Chicken Head” was a cross over song. I sold a million copies off of “Mista Don’t Play” back in 2001. That is how we do it over at Hypnotized Mindz! We gonna keep it street! The hood is like “Them niggaz is certified.” The main stream are looking at us now like we are just getting our big break. Our fans know how long we have been around. We aint making no love songs over at Hypnotized Mindz! We are from the streets and there aint no love over here.

WorldwideConnected.com: The number one ring tone in America is a pretty big thing!

Yeah if anybody asks I aint lying. It is the number one ring tone with over three million sold.

WorldwideConnected.com: How did that make you feel?

Right now God is blessing me. The Oscar didn’t ocme over night and the ring tone didn’t come over night. We have been at this for a long time. We aint trippin!

WorldwideConnected.com: You have always had a core audience!

We are gonna bring the pain and they know it. The fans are just messing with us and that’s the reason all it is.

WorldwideConnected.com: People have been following ya’ll since you were making home made Maxell taps!

I had a signing out here in Memphis and there was this white dude in a wheel chair that came out and he had everything that I ever recorded. I was trippin! When I was in Chicago there was these dudes who were only missing like one or two of my albums. It was off the chain!

WorldwideConnected.com: How do you like Chicago?

Man, last night we were there at the House Of Blues and we shut that thang down.! When I told them to throw up them “Cs” for the city of Chicago, the whole club was throwing them up in the air. It was off the chain and I was loving it! The crowd was live as fuck!

WorldwideConnected.com: You have achieved a lot in your career, what is left to do?

We got this Hollyhood thing which is a TV Show on MTV and we are about to make it a
movie. We are gonna have it on the big screen.

WorldwideConnected.com: Is there any one interested in the film?

There are some people we are talking to right now. Lionsgate said they are interested and some big producers as well. Hopefully I can be discovered and the next film they make they
can make me a monster or an alien.

WorldwideConnected.com: What else can we expect on your album “Walking Bank Roll?”

Really all you can expect is that you are going to get the real good motivation of hustle music. I got songs that is motivated by the haters called “Hate My Swag”, and me and Pimp C got a track together. It is some down south real shit! I got a song called “Walking Bank Roll” and it is about how the money don’t make the man, but the man makes the money.

WorldwideConnected.com: You have always had witty, and catchy lyrics. When ever people uses to say “The South aint got lyrics” it is obvious they never heard MJG, Scarface or yourself!

Now people are mad because the dirty south got the game. I’m not saying that everybody in the south is bumping because I don’t bump everybody in the south. I just look at it like this, you deal with your house and let us deal with our house. If you are trying to say all dirty south rappers are nothing but bubble gum then you need to look at these three million dollar houses with 40 acres and a mule. We got our 40 acres and a mule out this rap game! There are dudes that never had nothing in their life and now own mansions and ride Phantoms. I was just telling one of my dawgs named Black from Chi-Town and they are hustlers. I told them “One thing about the south is we like that street, and in , Chicago you don’t know nothing else but the street.” I told him “Once you get it poppin’ in Chicago and since it is such a big market and when yall bring that real street shit to the street, it’s a rap.” Chicago and Memphis are similar because of the streets. I like Kanye and them but when the niggaz bring that real Chi-Town bring that real street dudes will mess with that.

WorldwideConnected.com: There are a lot of real cats out that way like my boy C.O. Tha! Bad Black, but they are just not being heard!

I know about Chicago! In Chicago you got to have some lyrics. They really pay attention to that over there. In Chicago they are listening and when it comes to buying music they are listening to what you are saying. I didn’t notice that until last night and I really peeped it. You have to be talking about something! I feel that because that is how I am. Down south what moves people is the beat. In Chicago they feel the beat too but at the same time you have to be talking about something.

WorldwideConnected.com: Chicago is very musical, but Memphis is too. What was it like growing up in such a musical area like Memphis?

Memphis is a soul city. We are 99.9% black and Memphis right now is the murder capitol. Down here as far as the music Memphis is on soul. Everybody loves Willie Hutch! This is the original black groove! We are straight black! Memphis is black everything! In other cities you got certain areas where everything is cool, and people are living a good life, but there aint none of that down here. There aint no good neighborhoods no more. Anywhere in the City you could get jacked. It is awful dawg! Memphis has always been bad, but now in the city limits Memphis has more people than a lot of cities in the south. Our population is like the size of DC or Detroit. Memphis is kind of like a southern Detroit. Memphis has always been a rough place! As far as on the music scene in Memphis Eightball and MJG came out on a nationwide level before anybody. The only other ones at that time we Rapalot, and I think Outkast. Eightball & MJG kind of kicked the door in for the south. Ball and them put it down and people were loving them. They went gold at that time and wasn’t nobody in the south from a street level going gold besides the Geto Boys. 2 Live Crew kind of died out a little bit but then Ball & G came in and kicked the doors in. After that you started seeing “P”, and you started seeing Cash Money.

WorldwideConnected.com: There was a few cats like ya’ll, P, Cash Money, Scarface, and a few more that really pushed things to the next level!

“P” was a pioneer too! He came on a real dope man tip. Eightball came like the hood playa, but “P” came like the dope man. Scarface did too! “P” was straight hustlin’! After that Cash Money came with that shine, and now everybody is on that shine. After Eightball, Three 6 came out and Three6 was the club. Three 6 made that club music and the first single was “Tear Da Club Up.” They came with that club, but it was a hood club. It was a nigga in the hood club! We brought the club hood to the rap game and in 1997 nobody could say that. Nobody was bringing the club hood to the table. That brought a whole bunch of shit to the table.

WorldwideConnected.com: All ya’ll set up the foundation to where it is at today!

Now you see niggaz coming out bumping but now it is still about crunk but really it is street music. We want to hear that street music which can be crunk for the clubs but it has to be street. It really aint changed with Three 6 because they have been coming with club songs and street club songs. Now in the club it is just street music period! Right now down south we are talking about this money, we are talking about these 26s on your car, we are talking about candy, and TVs. We are talking about Gold teeth! That’s how we roll! We are just talking about what’ out, what’s poppin, and what’s the business right now! We are country and we are acting like niggaz that aint never had nothing. That’s why Gucci Mane made that song “My Chian!” That’s how we roll! At the same time there is all kinds of jacking and robbing going on.

WorldwideConnected.com: Murder is happening at such a high rate right now!

It is like every other day three or four people are getting killed in Memphis right now. IT is really starting to get off the chain! Memphis got a lot of game so things are crazy. It is every where though not just in Memphis.

WorldwideConnected.com: T.I. recently got arrested on weapons charges and you being someone who went thru that situation and got incarcerated, what is T.I. going thru right now?

Man, he is going thru a real trying time in his life right now. I continue to pray for dude and I believe the Lord will bring him out. It is a huge blow to the south because dude is bumpin’. You got a lot of dudes out here and when they was seeing this happening they was smiling about it. There was dudes in my city when I got locked up like “Oh Project Pat is gone? Now I can breathe!” I’m not saying I’m the best dude and I’m not saying T.I. is the best dude, but there is a lot of shit that is happening. Right now what he is going thru aint about no rappin. When I was doing my time I was doing my time. It wasn’t about no rappin, it was about getting home to your family. It was about getting my life back and dude is fighting for his life right now. That is his life! That’s his life! I hear a lot of people saying “Ah, he shouldn’t of done it” well maybe not but that doesn’t change the fact that he is fighting for his freedom right now. People make mistakes all day long. What is he suppose to do? I know him, but I don’t know him, know him but that will mess you up. He is praying for his life right now. He has kids and that is their Daddy. Everybody needs to petition because the man did a lot of good things for Atlanta. He helped a lot of people! Look at the good he did! He didn’t shoot nobody! He did a lot of good for the community! In my situation they couldn’t convict me in Memphis. They had to move me out side of Memphis because they tried me in Memphis and there was a mistrial. They will never convict me in my own city. They got love for a nigga out here, and I believe it is the same way with him. They got love for dude and hopefully everything will come out good for him. I think he can come out good! With me it was a mistrial and they retried me about an hour away from Memphis. They got the people out them rural areas on the second trial and in Memphis it is 99.9% black. They wont convict me in my city and I aint bragging I just got the good faith from God with my people of my City. I think T.I. has the same thing in his life. I was locked up like Tupac and I sold a million copies on “Mista Don’t Play” and I was blessed because aint a lot of people done that. I don’t know of anyone besides Tupac who sold a million copies while being locked up. My Heart truly goes out to dude. Yeah the dude has money but if you are down with him then help him out with his defense. Send him something for his lawyers. Everyone says “He shouldn’t of done that”, but kill that because what is done is done. Send him money for his lawyer! That’s how a lot of folks are because they will say they are cool and down with ya but the majority don’t give a fuck about you. That man aint shot nobody!

WorldwideConnected.com: Help his kids!

Yeah, help his kids man!

WorldwideConnected.com: The feds are watching!

I know about the Feds. I was in there and heard all the stories from Chicago, Memphis, LA, New York, and Miami. I have heard it all and I am talking about some cold, horrible stories. You don’t want to deal with the federal people. You don’t want to do any wrong with them. You just want to pay your taxes because any kind of slip they are on you like a blood hound. They will hurt! Dope sales is nothing to a mutha fucka! You can go out there and do that all day, but the problem is the snitch. When there are snitches talking against you to the Feds, then you cant win. That’s real talk! It is so messed up out here man! I never knew about the Feds and how they can catch someone with 100 birds and turn around and use him as a snitch to catch somebody for a much smaller crime and give that person twenty to life when the snitch with 100 birds gets next to nothing. How the fuck is he out here free? I want to say something right now with my right hand to the man up stairs, you are suppose to put the same affliction on your brother that you are willing to take upon yourself. God would never ask you to do something that he wouldn’t do himself.

WorldwideConnected.com: That’s like when Sammy The Bull snitches on John Gotti. Sammy killed over twenty people himself, and the Feds let him go free!

That’s what I’m talking about! He got a break just because he told on Gotti? That’s bull shit! He killed a shit load of people and they let him go. If we are one nation under god individually then what the hell is that? That’s wrong! That’s Wrong! –Pat Screaming! I see it everyday! I had 51 months and there is niggaz in there with 27 years! There were niggaz that got caught red handed in the bank with a gun and then go back and tell on mutha fuckaz with little dope cases. Before I got out I saw how one dude got out from my city with no charges. It was his second time in the Feds and he still got out before I did. Come on man! That’s fuckin’ disgusting!
WorldwideConnected.com: The world is totally fucked up! Everything is at an all time high right now like murder, war, disease, poverty, and natural disasters. We are all in for it if shit don’t change!

Someone told me this a long time ago “Notice how back in the days how it was better than it is now and it is always getting worse.” That’s real talk!

WorldwideConnected.com: Especially when you got kids. I don’t even want my Daughter to go to School and get a fuckin’ Staph infection!

Yeah they had that shit in Prison. I saw people with that where I was held up in Greenville Illinois. People had swollen arms, and necks and they were leaking fluid. I prayed and prayed that I stayed good in there. I saw people bandaged up all on anit-biotics. I know of times when dude did die from that shit. It’s real in the Feds dawg! It is sad but it is real.

WorldwideConnected.com: You have experienced both sides of life. You have been thru the good with success in the industry and bad with the streets and prison. How do you cope with everything?

It is just the goodness of God that keeps me going. There are a lot of dudes who judge rappers. They judge us quick but they don’t judge the actions. It is not just white people it be our own people too. Everybody is not racist but it is the black people that’s hating on other black people pointing them out to the white people.

WorldwideConnected.com: What I noticed is now everybody hates everybody whether it is other races or your own race. We don’t have no love! People are just fuckin’ evil!

The Feds is like this, back in the day when they first went to Africa and brought the slaves over on the boat, who was giving the black people up to the white folks?

WorldwideConnected.com: Other Black people!

Yes! That’s how the Feds is! It is black folks giving up other black folks so they can get a pound of sugar, or a bottle of rum.

WorldwideConnected.com: That’s so fucked up!

Yeah! That’s real! A lot of times it is messed up. I aint even on the black man thing because there is a lot of dudes out here bull shitting. They are robbing, getting high and BSing. They are causing stuff to come up on themselves. All white people aint bad and all black people aint bad either. I got plenty of white fans and black fans. I have seen black dudes pick on white guys and I say to myself “They wrong!” If I can see that then people should see it when it is reverse.

WorldwideConnected.com: People are ignorant by nature!

Yeah people are funny like that. I’m not blind to it. Everybody is crazy!

WorldwideConnected.com: What cats don’t realize is at the end of the day we all wind up in a fuckin’ hole in the ground!

Right! We all gotta die at the end of the day. People fight over nonsense. What about the people who make laws? There was an official in Tennessee who got caught doing something illegal around Nashville. I think he got a DUI. They said he was a law maker in the state of Tennessee. I aint trippin’ on dude. Everyone makes mistakes, but he should not be able to continue to make laws if he breaks them at the same time. That is wrong! Since he wants to get drunk and break laws I don’t think he should be making no laws.

WorldwideConnected.com: That’s right! Look at what the news is not telling you though.

They are not going to tell you. You are not gonna get that. The news will keep the people thinking a certain way and brain wash them. A lot of times people put stuff out there for a long time and eventually it just starts being that way.

WorldwideConnected.com: The oil is at $100 a barrel right now!

I wonder why that is? The media will say the War is about terrorism and not oil and money. Bull shit! It is all about money. Do you think the President aint motivated by money?

WorldwideConnected.com: Of course!

He is all about the money man! Think about it! The police come out to our house because the tax payers are paying money. They wont come out here for free!

WorldwideConnected.com: Money is the root of all evil!

Its all about the money!

WorldwideConnected.com: Back to the album homie, did Paul and “J” do all of the production?

Yep and they are featured on the album. The only other features I really got are Pimp C, and Will Wesson. I wanted to kind of do this one mainly by myself. We aint got no bad reviews on the album.

WorldwideConnected.com: What made you choose Koch?

Koch is good for how much they pay for each CD. We already had a relationship with Koch anyway. We deal with Selct-O-Hits, Koch, Asylum, Warner Bros., and Sony. We got three major distributors and two underground distributors. We just try to make good music for the people and keep it street. Dudes know the business! Our main goal is to get this money out here and stay blessed. We get a lot of love out here.

WorldwideConnected.com: You have always done underground stuff in edition to the major label stuff!

We are just trying to keep the lights on and keep the money flow.

WorldwideConnected.com: Is there anything else homie?

No, just go get “Walking Bank Roll” in stores now