Author Topic: San Antonio Spurs vs. Phoenix Suns  (Read 1815 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: San Antonio Spurs vs. Phoenix Suns
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2008, 03:50:47 PM »
In 30 minutes Shaq had 11 points (5-8 fg, 1-3 ft), 5 rebounds, 1 assists, 2 steals, 4 blocks.

and those are "bad" stats from a 36 year old center only playing 30 minutes

-oh never mind those crucial blocks shaq had on duncan or how he played duncan on the outside like a guard (once again) and prevented him from going to the basket on that crucial play at the end of the fourth.
-Never mind he had 5 fouls through out most of the game but some how made some clean key blocks that kept his team and himself in the game.
-never mind when shaq was out the suns became 1 dimensional and the spurs were allowed to go to the hole almost at will

i really hope north Vietnam bombs both teams while they're playing cuz i hate them both, but shaq was NOT a detriment in that game.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2008, 09:38:02 PM »
LOL@Hatesrats thinking Marion was really injured

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2008, 07:50:29 PM »
What a difference a Game makes..
Both Amare & Shaq only have 1 foul a piece.
A. Stoudemire has 25 @ the Half
Shaq has 11

Phoenix up 61 - 54
Who can Hold this Down?

Danm, looking @ the Boxscore it looks like maybe
G.Hill is hurting his team playing injured IMO.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 08:08:56 PM by Hatesrats™ »

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2008, 08:52:12 PM »
LOL, What The Fuck happepned?
Holy Shit, Phoenix Suns Down by 15+ now!!!
8:32 left in the 4th

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2008, 01:00:35 AM »
Told ya..

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2008, 01:57:00 AM »
how the fuck are you gonna have amare score 33 , 7, n 3, nash get 23 , 10 then shaq get 19, 14, n 4.....and STILL LSOE ,lol god the suns are such a soft defensive team. you know you're bad on defense when you let the spurs score 100 and an old shaq is your best defender. like someone said earlier you watch the suns and then you watch the spurs and you can tell who's really coaching out there.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2008, 01:59:46 AM »
Indeed.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2008, 04:07:22 AM »
The Spurs don't suck, they sucked against the Lakers recently but Ginobili (their best offensive player) wasn't playing and it wasn't playoff time. I don't see any chance for NO to beat them if it gets to that.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2008, 10:05:26 AM »
It has been the same for 3 years , Duncan and Parker are Suns worst nightmares ...

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2008, 12:03:50 PM »
Like NIK said, D'Antoni is not a playoff coach. Im not saying this series is over.....cus the Suns are still good and anything can happen in the playoffs. But this team has had way too much talent over the last few years to NOT make the finals. Theyve wasted Nash's talent. Amare is still on the rise, BUT...he's way too soft and defensively inconsistent. Even though, he can be a force when he's used correctly. Its like theyve basically just conceded to only play offense. I mean cmon, how stupid is that. YOURE NOT GONNA WIN A FINALS WITH NO DEFENSE. Last nights game was a perfect example. The first hallf, they played amazing on offense...but still had hands in their faces on jump shots...and were still being contested on drives to the basket. We didnt play as good on offense, but our shots were wide open. At some point (3rd quarter), they wont be as HOT and the shots wont fall as often....but they still end up having no D to fall back on. For us, its not much of a matter of being hot or not....because our shots are uncontested, and against a team that actually plays D....if we get cold, we still have a D. They dont.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2008, 02:05:26 PM »
how the fuck are you gonna have amare score 33 , 7, n 3, nash get 23 , 10 then shaq get 19, 14, n 4.....and STILL LSOE ,lol god the suns are such a soft defensive team. you know you're bad on defense when you let the spurs score 100 and an old shaq is your best defender. like someone said earlier you watch the suns and then you watch the spurs and you can tell who's really coaching out there.

To make matters worse, they traded away their best defender mid-season...Is there any doubt in anyones mind that they woulda' stood more of a chance with Marion in the line-up?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2008, 02:57:12 PM »
how the fuck are you gonna have amare score 33 , 7, n 3, Nash get 23 , 10 then shaq get 19, 14, n 4.....and STILL LSOE ,lol god the suns are such a soft defensive team. you know you're bad on defense when you let the spurs score 100 and an old shaq is your best defender. like someone said earlier you watch the suns and then you watch the spurs and you can tell who's really coaching out there.

To make matters worse, they traded away their best defender mid-season...Is there any doubt in anyones mind that they woulda' stood more of a chance with Marion in the line-up?

no they would have been worse with marion i think. i don't think the suns even grab those 14 and 15 point leads with marion. marion in the line up means that the spurs' defense becomes perimeter oriented, which falls right into their hands. Amare becomes overmatched down low making him a non factor down low (which happened when shaq was out). the suns SHOULD be winning this series 2-0 , but papavic is a million times smarter than Mike D'ontknowhowtocoachme

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2008, 02:58:43 PM »
how the fuck are you gonna have amare score 33 , 7, n 3, Nash get 23 , 10 then shaq get 19, 14, n 4.....and STILL LSOE ,lol god the suns are such a soft defensive team. you know you're bad on defense when you let the spurs score 100 and an old shaq is your best defender. like someone said earlier you watch the suns and then you watch the spurs and you can tell who's really coaching out there.

no they would have been worse with marion i think. i don't think the suns even grab those 14 and 15 point leads with marion. marion in the line up means that the spurs' defense becomes perimeter oriented, which falls right into their hands. Amare becomes overmatched down low making him a non factor down low (which happened when shaq was out). the suns SHOULD be winning this series 2-0 , but papavic is a million times smarter than Mike D'ontknowhowtocoachme

Suns looked better against the Spurs last season, and the Spurs were stronger last season...The Suns simply become way too tired in the 2nd half to keep it up with Shaq as their primary low post presence. Their time is up.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2008, 03:13:03 PM »
no way, the suns look better against the spurs this year than last year. they totally dominate them for 2 and a half quarters then get stupid by rushing shots from behind the arc or making dumb turnovers in transition( which can all be credited to the SA defense) and then letting the spurs run on them. also if you notice the suns usually lose their leads or have their leads sqandered when shaq is out of the game, and Manu, parker and DUNCAN just tear amare up in the post.  i'm not trying to say that shaq is the god of that team but i am saying that when shaq is out the suns become predictable and 1 dimentional. plus add in the nugget'ish defense and it's a recipe for dissaster. and it's not about energy, if that was the case then the suns would be up 2-0. if anything that slower pace helps the spurs,lol.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2008, 03:15:49 PM »
Last year, they were 1-1 after two games and Phoenix was keeping up with San Antonio for 4 quarters...this year, San Antonio is 2-0 and Phoenix looks too tired in the 2nd half to keep up with an aging team. LOL@looking better this year. :-X