Author Topic: 10 Years later...Xzibit's 40 Days & 40 Nights  (Read 459 times)

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
10 Years later...Xzibit's 40 Days & 40 Nights
« on: April 20, 2008, 10:57:17 AM »
Awesome album.Can't really decide which one is better for me, his first one or this one.The first one was so RAW, and so good at the same time, and 40 days is again X at his lyrical peak.

Great tracks from top to bottom, with the most natable ones being 3 Card Molly (when Ras and Saafir get together, you know shit's going to be insane (check Come Widdit), but with Xzibit too?Off the chain track, all 3 of them rip it, like on Plastic Surgery, but iller to me.Budda came up with a crazy beat), Pussy Pop with Jayo and Method Man, Shrromz which showcases X's storytelling and Los Angeles Times.

The tracks that are my personal favourites from this album are the crazy posse cut Let It Rain with tha liks and King tee, the 2 tracks with montage one (who was this guy?), Deeper, Focus, Inside Job, all great stuff

Oh and it was good too see Jinx producing a few cuts and overseeing the project, he's HELLA underrated when it comes to producers

The bonus cut with Soopafly and King tee is real nice too

Overall, a GREAT album.As much as I love Restless (which I'm gonna give a proper listen to in the bnear future too), it's not really up to par with At The Speed Of Life and 40 Days
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

D~Nice

Re: 10 Years later...Xzibit's 40 Days & 40 Nights
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 11:48:12 AM »
Personal Classic, nuff said.

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 11:48:53 AM »
i think this is his best album 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D~Nice

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 11:53:39 AM »
i think this is his best album 8)

Yeah I think so too. I think Restless is up there too. Man I hope he links back up with Tha Alkaholiks again. They made some classic material back then.

Okka

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 01:11:34 PM »
Classic album, "Recycled Assassins" is one of my favourite Xzibit songs.

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 04:59:10 PM »
i know some might dissagree but i still ( sure hope so) x can make a comeback as hard as cube did neways what is been up with him its been 2 years sine full circle but why make a remix album now
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 06:03:24 PM »
I'ma be honest. I'm a Xzibit fan. Not really into the other cats, so some tracks kinda bore me. My favorites though is 'What U See Is What U Get' 'Los Angeles Times' and 'Chamber Music'. Mannn that shit is hard, hard as fuck. I love that shit. I was listenin' to this album the other day too. Like a couple weeks ago. Shit is niceee. I think 'At The Speed Of Life' is my favorite X album though.

Invincible

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 07:30:56 PM »
I think 'At The Speed Of Life' is my favorite X album though.

Me too. I can listen to that from front to back. I just can't on 40 Dayz. Still a great album.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 03:27:04 AM »
I'ma be honest. I'm a Xzibit fan. Not really into the other cats, so some tracks kinda bore me. My favorites though is 'What U See Is What U Get' 'Los Angeles Times' and 'Chamber Music'. Mannn that shit is hard, hard as fuck. I love that shit. I was listenin' to this album the other day too. Like a couple weeks ago. Shit is niceee. I think 'At The Speed Of Life' is my favorite X album though.
yup at one point it was my fav too, but now I just can;t decide which one of the two is better for me
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 05:13:39 AM »

The bonus cut with Soopafly and King tee is real nice too

Agreed, Soopafly really outshined everyone on that cut.  It's mad fire.

rayza

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 09:13:40 AM »
Can anyone up that bonus cut? i got 2 copies and it wasnt on either!

Blood$

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 04:58:08 PM »
yeah this is probablly my favorite album from X as well

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 08:21:13 PM »

Hard bro, was banging it just a couple weeks ago, Chamber Music knocks hard, and LA Times is dope. Cant beat What You See Is What You Get Now tho...

westside159

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 09:05:03 PM »
AT THE SPEED OF LIFE = 2ND BEST ALBUM  - NEXT TO RESTLESS !!!! 8) 8)

jaytee

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 12:19:34 AM »
This is my favorite X album.  You can't go wrong with any of his first 3 though.