Author Topic: So I'm writing a paper about how to turn Fight Club into a musical  (Read 446 times)

Doggystylin

it's for my musicals class, any insight would be appreciated, of course I have to compare and contrast to classical musicals and relate to myths and conventions of that time but also describe how I would adapt the film into a musical, where and when they would sing, dance etc

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: So I'm writing a paper about how to turn Fight Club into a musical
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 03:22:52 PM »
 after watching sweeney todd i'm kinda bitter about the whole musical experience. especially if you're going to do fight club. you already got an F from me.  :-\ sorry
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 02:42:46 PM by Don Jacob »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

JAZ

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 03:27:28 PM »
that would be the worst idea since abortion. i dont think it would work with the whole vibe of the movie. and why think its dope. though you could do something with that army they got. some sinister marching/chanting thing.

J Bananas

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 03:33:26 PM »
it was already enough of a sausage fest and now you wanna gay it up with singing...i dont have anything to say to you.

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 04:32:04 PM »
You idiots are missing the point, Fight Club is actually adaptable compared to a movie like Menace II Society. Don't believe me? Google Fight Club Musical and you'll see that they have been considering turning Fight Club into a Broadway musical. Not to be pretentious but you guys are disagreeing with an idea acceptable at the number one film school in the country.

Doggystylin

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 04:33:50 PM »
BTW the assignment is to adapt a modern movie into a musical. It's not like I'd prefer Fight Club to be a musical. I personally hate musicals.

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 04:48:03 PM »
IMO it would be hella tight... 8) 8) 8)

Lunatic

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 04:49:55 PM »
LMAO no offence, but someone as narrow minded as myself finds this idea HILARIOUS :laugh:
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 11:58:56 PM »
You idiots are missing the point, Fight Club is actually adaptable compared to a movie like Menace II Society. Don't believe me? Google Fight Club Musical and you'll see that they have been considering turning Fight Club into a Broadway musical. Not to be pretentious but you guys are disagreeing with an idea acceptable at the number one film school in the country.

its all subjective homie...i personally think that it wouldnt really work..but hey, im not in the number one film school in the country, so what would i know? lol

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

bez

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 01:12:52 AM »
I think it would be a dope idea. The only bad thing about it is that its already kinda been done with West Side Story. That was a musical based around fighting, gangs, love, shit like that. But it could be dope, especially if you concentrate on getting the Tyler Durden concience charachter across.

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 01:17:59 AM »
^dis katt knows whats up... 8) 8) 8)

Fresco

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 01:21:25 PM »
Rule N°1 : Do not sing about Fight Club ;D
j/k

I think that I understand your point, unfortunately I barely know fight club... But I think that the Godfather or Boys In The Hood could be turned into dope musicals for your paper

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 01:39:13 PM »
upon further thought, i think that it has the potential to be pretty dope..if done *right*. 

doggy, if you dont mind, when youre done, could ya post up how you would adapt fight club into a musical?  i think it would be an interesting read.  8)

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 02:43:02 PM »
after watching sweeney todd i'm kinda bitter about the whole musical experience. especially if you're going to do fight club. you already got an F from me.  :-\ sorry

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Doggystylin

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 03:17:10 PM »
What's the point of quoting yourself again? I read it the first time. Do you want a reaction from me to your post?