Author Topic: Large Professor - First Class  (Read 574 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Large Professor - First Class
« on: September 27, 2002, 04:07:35 AM »
Large Professor
First Class
October 8th, 2002
Metador Records

Good old music industry politics, Large Professor knows about them as well as anyone. His first solo LP, “The LP,” has been shelved since about 1996 (I think). The bootleg version has floated around for years and it can be found (well worth it). The year of 2002 will not disappoint and Large Pro will release his solo debut this year, a brand new album though.

“First Class” will drop on October 8th on Matador Records. One of hip hop’s best and most underrated producers handled the beats on the entire album. He gets some help on the rhyme tip from long-time collaborators Nas, Q-Tip, and Akinyele. Busta Rhymes also makes an appearance on the album.

The man who was the mastermind behind Main Source’s classic, “Breakin’ Atoms,” made a big return in the past year. First reuniting with Nas on “Stillmatic” and then making some incredible beats for Non-Phixion, Cormega and the X-Ecutioners. A quick note for those interested in Large Pro’s unreleased album, if you order his new one from hiphopsite you receive it for free.

From hiphopdx.com

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
C2Knuckles
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2002, 05:45:17 PM »
C2Knuckles, have you copped "1st Class" yet? If you have, then what'd you think of it? What about "The LP"?

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Large Professor - First Class
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2002, 09:46:40 PM »
No, I was thinking of getting it from hiphopsite to get The LP also but with shipping and exchange (Canadian) it will come to over $30 and money is tight now.  The site also charged me too much when I bought I.N.I. and took awhile to clear up.

I think I'll get it somewhere else but I want The LP too.  Hopefully by the end of the month.

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
extra p's cds
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2002, 12:35:55 AM »
No, I was thinking of getting it from hiphopsite to get The LP also but with shipping and exchange (Canadian) it will come to over $30 and money is tight now.  The site also charged me too much when I bought I.N.I. and took awhile to clear up.

I think I'll get it somewhere else but I want The LP too.  Hopefully by the end of the month.
Yeah, I was also going to get it from HipHopSite, but I'm broke. (I hope that they don't run out of copies of The LP before I order 1st Class!)

teecee

Re:Large Professor - First Class
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2002, 01:54:49 PM »
This LP cd is about 3.5/5, as i was disappointed in about 4 songs..........however, the good outways the bad and people should not sleep if you like real hiphop.

Damn, i better order those cds, i have never really heard the LP at all........