Author Topic: 213 - "Untitled"  (Read 3464 times)

Rag_J

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re:213 - Untitled
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2002, 10:05:49 AM »
music and me?

EM28

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2002, 10:52:58 AM »
music and me?

yeah i knew about music and me but it makes it sound like he has a new one that just came out and i want to know what its called and if its really out.  If it isn't then when is it comin out.

peace

EM28

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2002, 10:54:46 AM »
oh ok now i see, this topic was made in dec of 2001.

peace

Rag_J

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2003, 05:40:52 AM »
music and me?

yeah i knew about music and me but it makes it sound like he has a new one that just came out and i want to know what its called and if its really out.  If it isn't then when is it comin out.

peace

Ok, I haven't heard about any other..Sorry

Rag_J

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2003, 10:19:15 AM »
"Snoop Dogg Plans Album, Movie With Warren G, Nate Dogg

Snoop Dogg
Photo: Capitol Records  
"Huggy Bear was a flavorful individual, so me being able to handle that role just makes it the way it's supposed to be." — Snoop Dogg

Fresh from hosting his own TV show, dropping a record, being axed from a Muppet Christmas special and coaching his son's football team, big Snoop Dogg shows no signs of slowing down.

There's the movie version of "Starsky and Hutch" with Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson, a 213 album and, if he can help it, that much-talked-about N.W.A reunion record.

Though Ice Cube and Dr. Dre have expressed skepticism about the comeback LP that they themselves once hyped (see "N.W.A May Still Have Attitude, But They Don't Have An Album" and "Dr. Dre To Produce Next Ice Cube Record"), Snoop said he's still down to step in for the late Eazy-E, as he did two years ago for the "Next Friday" soundtrack song "Chin Check" — just as soon as Dre, Cube and MC Ren are ready.

"I wouldn't say [the N.W.A] album is not going to come together," Snoop insisted backstage at last month's Cypress Hill Smoke Out in Los Angeles (see "Smoke-Free Snoop Blows Up Smoke Out; Bone Thugs, Slash Drop In"). "I think Ice Cube is trying to sign with Dr. Dre['s Aftermath label] right now. And MC Ren is still kicking it out by my house. So it's still an open possibility, you know what I'm saying? It's just a matter of timing . ... We all got busy schedules, [but] I'm pretty sure it could happen."

Though the N.W.A album still looks tentative, Snoop insists he's definitely reuniting with 213, the group he co-founded with Warren G and Nate Dogg before Dr. Dre's landmark The Chronic (1992) launched all of their careers.

"That should be out next year around November, around the fourth quarter," he said of the album, which will be the regularly collaborating trio's first official record under the 213 moniker. "We're trying to ink the deal right now and get it all done and pulled together. But 213 is definitely coming out next year, so y'all can be on the lookout for a record and a movie."

In other film business, Snoop recently completed negotiations to play streetwise informant Huggy Bear in the big-screen version of '70s cop show "Starsky and Hutch" (see "'Starsky And Hutch' Director Wants Snoop To Play Huggy").

"I think I am going to bring a whole bunch of flavor to the table," he said. "Huggy Bear was a flavorful individual, so me being able to handle that role just makes it the way it's supposed to be. I'm glad they gave me the opportunity to shine, and hopefully we will pull it off and make it a big blockbuster movie. ... I am down with [Stiller and Wilson] 110 percent. It's a beautiful thing that we can all come together and make it happen."

Production on "Starsky and Hutch" is scheduled to begin in February, with the film's producers reportedly eyeing a 2004 release.

For more Hollywood happenings, check out MTV's Movie House.

—Ryan J. Downey

"

So now u know, suckas

min0rity

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2003, 09:56:05 AM »
i hope the release this in 03

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re:213 - "Tha Hard Way"
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2003, 05:19:47 PM »
album might come out this fall

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2003, 01:22:51 PM »
According to what Warren G said on his new official message board, the album will be out by Christmas and the label releasing it will be Geffen/Interscope. I thought that was kinda weird since neither Snoop, Nate or Warren are signed to Interscope as solo artists. But who knows. I'm cool with it though - worldwide distribution and Dre and his crew seemed to have been happy with Interscope.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2003, 04:11:34 PM »
DoggyStyle Records is now with Geffen I think

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2003, 02:16:18 PM »
Yeah MCA is gone for good and Geffen has taken its place.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2003, 10:26:36 AM »
— It took 12 years, but 213 are finally releasing an album.

Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg and Warren G, who named their trio after the Long Beach area code more than a decade ago, will unleash their first record in November.

"We've been in the laboratory doing real good music, so we should have a single for y'all maybe in about three weeks, maybe a month," Snoop said at a recent video shoot (see "Chingy, Luda Battle Daisy Duke-Clad Ladies; Snoop Sips Drink At 'Holidae In' "). "It's hot. ... The West Coast is back, believe it!"

The trio are recording with the Neptunes, along with many of the same producers behind Snoop's recent Paid Tha Cost to be Da Boss, including Jelly Roll.

"I'm just trying to put together the best record to represent 213, since we never came with a record before, nobody never really heard us as a group," Snoop said. "We're really getting each others' back on every record. It makes the job that much easier and more like team ball. I play team ball better anyways."

Snoop has yet to title the 213 album, but he does have a name for his next solo album, Snoopafly, which he said will be executive produced by P. Diddy (see "P. Diddy Ready To Oversee Snoop's New LP — If Dre Doesn't Beat Him To It").

"I've been looking forward to working with him, and he wants to work with me, so we just gonna make it happen and bridge the gap and put together a classic record," Snoop said.

The veteran rappers from opposite coasts are planning to start the album in the fall. Snoop also hopes to make a movie of sorts relating to the material.

"Doing it with Puff is gonna make it so big to where it's gonna have to have a movie and big budget," Snoop said. "I've been sitting on [the title Snoopafly] for like three years, but I never had the appropriate record, the appropriate concept. This would only be right if I had a movie to go behind it."

Snoop is still tossing around ideas for his solo material, but fans might see a different side of the rapper, who performed at "mtvICON: Metallica" and covered Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" while touring with the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

"It's just something about rock that just brings out a certain type of energy in me that sometimes just needs to be released," he said. "You never know, I might go rock and roll for a minute."

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:213 - "Untitled"
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2003, 01:56:24 AM »
Tight ,should be very dope

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24