Author Topic: Purple tape is the greatest album of all time  (Read 276 times)

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Purple tape is the greatest album of all time
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2008, 04:19:24 PM »
dope album

but

illmatic

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2008, 04:45:07 PM »
Wu- Gambinos is my jam!!!!!!

WU TANG!

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2008, 05:06:49 PM »
and it isnt the greatest album of all time. liquid swords is better and still isn't the best album ever or even the best wu-tang album

on point. I would put Liquid Swords, Iron Man above Purple Tape but its still classic. Great classic mid 90's east coast hip hop.

you like ironman better than only built 4 cuban linx? i'm a big ghostface fan but can't put his album before it.

overall I like RZA production on Ironman better than on Cuban Linx, lyrically they are both great, Cuban Linx probably has the better overall songs but I tend to go with tighter produced albums

true. i think the ghostface album was lacking a direction when cuban linx was some groundbreaking shit

I thought ironman had some doper beats, I don't get why cuban linx was so groundbreaking, dudes like Kool G Rap had been dropping mafioso shit for a minute long before cuban linx

And the whole thing about cuban linx being like a movie with a plot - I've heard that said a lot as a reason why the album is so dope, but that is definitely just some bullshit they made up after they made it to pretend it was a concept album!