Author Topic: Who likes british hip hop?  (Read 328 times)

da_notorious_mack

Re: Who likes british hip hop?
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2008, 06:15:47 AM »
three of the best u.k artist's imo(and p.nero lol)

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=174590.0

MediumL

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2008, 08:50:47 AM »
The thing i like about grime is that its different to what i can get from the USA. UK hip hop unless its about true local topics then i may as well get American acts cause the production is better. Grime offers a completely different style of production and unlike most AMerican hip hop tracks it gets me hyped.

Btw that SIncere Once Upon a Time track is fuckin crazy!!!!! And the new Dizzee is pretty cool!

Some American acts have done stuff with UK grime/hip hop artists but it would take a lot of collaborations to have any UK act do well. Although theres only so long regions hold the crown in hip hop, maybe when the south falls off the UK could jump in lol
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 08:53:09 AM by MediumL »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2008, 08:54:22 AM »
im making a grime thread when i get home...just to highlight the difference...then maybe heads will begin to appreciate why ppl say dizzee,kano etc have edged toward a more hip-hop sort of sound

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2008, 10:20:15 AM »
Lethal Bizzle, Kano, Sway

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2008, 10:30:21 AM »
this is my idea of grime

Skinny Sort-Ghetto,Scorcher,Wretch

P-Money-what did he say??

Tempa T-Swing

it's all about the radio set's though

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2008, 03:00:07 PM »
oh on that note...i'd expect a few ppl to start sending for kano after listening to Westwood last night...he seems under the impression he can make pop tunes get dropped from his label then jump back on the grime underground thing...im not too sure myself...things have changed since he came up...i can think of a few man that would blaze him on set nowadayz

speakin of which bedford have you seen the westwood footage of Ghetto Jammer Tempz etc??...beeeeeeeeef lol

Na G, fill me in wtf did i miss? Lol i thought Ghetto finished beefing with Boy Better Know time ago (Since Jammer is a part of it technically speaking...)

You know...once i read Kill's essay about Hip Hop relation to grime i did kind of agree, it was aimed around that same audience for the UK, something that isn't rock and emo or that crap. But you know i won't lie, StreetsAllSalute your response kept me convinced. Grime is in a whole league of it's own, it's a small one yes but i can't bring it in relation with Hip Hop now that you've pointed out how that started with the Jazz and blues and all that. And like you said Grime is heavly influenced from the Jungle Drum and Bass scene etc, that good ol' darker UK scene lol.

Also...I hate the fact at one point Grime used to be called Garage. Why the hell did they change the name, damn it confused me back then  :-\  lol.

Yeah man  8) Radio /Lil sets are the best to listen to.

1 Extra Durtyy Goodz take over show was some serious entertaining shit to listen to. I need to go on the hunt for Grime sets again  8)
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

Money

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2008, 04:13:00 PM »

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2008, 04:41:40 PM »
hook me up with a link for a roll deep album.
no

Lol. I can't see people being influenced to start taking a shine to the Grime scene through a Roll Deep album.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2008, 12:47:18 PM »
oh on that note...i'd expect a few ppl to start sending for kano after listening to Westwood last night...he seems under the impression he can make pop tunes get dropped from his label then jump back on the grime underground thing...im not too sure myself...things have changed since he came up...i can think of a few man that would blaze him on set nowadayz

speakin of which bedford have you seen the westwood footage of Ghetto Jammer Tempz etc??...beeeeeeeeef lol

Also...I hate the fact at one point Grime used to be called Garage. Why the hell did they change the name, damn it confused me back then  :-\  lol.

Not to get into technicalities on genres but back then garage and grime were different also, garage was craig david, artful dodger etc .

It was more melodic and singful, so solid then arrived and were lazely labelled as garage. After the beats got quicker, music more aggressive and the singing replaced by rapping, it became grime to me.

Garage pretty much died when grime took over but it seems to be making a comeback.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2008, 03:40:13 PM »

Not to get into technicalities on genres but back then garage and grime were different also, garage was craig david, artful dodger etc .

It was more melodic and singful, so solid then arrived and were lazely labelled as garage. After the beats got quicker, music more aggressive and the singing replaced by rapping, it became grime to me.

Garage pretty much died when grime took over but it seems to be making a comeback.

Lol i know they were different. It's the fact at the beginning of Grime right when it started and what not they called it Garage too. But at one point they randomly changed the name. So yeah confusion of name for the Genre...