Author Topic: Question about 213 and their origional tracks that caught Dre's attention  (Read 466 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Anybody actually have these tracks.. I think they are called..

"Long Beach is a Muthafucka"

and

"I Don't Like To Dream About Gettin Paid"

...also, wasn't their reunion and album a few years ago one of the biggest letdowns in West Coast hip-hop history?  These dudes are all legends, and Snoop messed it up by going and getting outside production which basically turned off all their biggest fans who had been anticipating the album for years.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • way more karma than posts
afaik there's only a 11 second clip of Long Beach Is A Muthafucka

actually I enjoyed the 213 album, had some bangin tracks
but you're right, wtf were they thinking puttin no Warren G production on there

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
afaik there's only a 11 second clip of Long Beach Is A Muthafucka

actually I enjoyed the 213 album, had some bangin tracks
but you're right, wtf were they thinking puttin no Warren G production on there

I didn't even bother checkin it out.. because to me, it's not a real 213 album unless Warren produces it.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

MarshColin

The 213 album was a GREAT album, there is no arguing that. It just was way different than what we had been expecting all those years leading up to it.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
It's a good album on it's own merit.  I think what ruins it for me is just the thought of how great the album COULD have been had warren produced it.  It could have been legendary, right up there with The Chronic, Doggystyle, and Dat Woopty Woop.  Instead it turned out to just be a very good album.  If you can get past the fact that Warren had no production on it and give it an objective listen, you'll like it.  I was dissapointed at first too, but it grew on me after a while.

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
It could have been legendary, right up there with The Chronic, Doggystyle, and Dat Woopty Woop

....WHAT?  :D

Okka

I think there is a 14 second snippet of "Long Beach Is A Muthafucka", Snoop has the whole version though. The 213 album was really great, but it missed Warren's productions. "MLK" and "Keep It Gangsta" was classic 213, the album should've been full of those kinda songs. Battlecat had the best beats on that muthafucka.

gfunkin2

It could have been legendary, right up there with The Chronic, Doggystyle, and Dat Woopty Woop

....WHAT?  :D

LOL

But yeah, the album was dissappointing. The only track I really bump from it is Gotta Find a Way. Great production, lyrics so so.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Everybody complained about no Warren G production...but in all honesty, I don't think the album would have been as good if it ONLY had Warren G production.

For one, it was 2004. If it was 94, it would have been a different story...but even Dre's projects don't have 100% Dre production anymore. If this album had used 4-6 Warren tracks, then it would have been all good...but the album had some GREAT songs on it. Warren G could not have made a track like "Joysticc" which became a MAJOR club hit in Florida that still gets a reaction like it just came out when they play it here.

Warren G did murder the "Groupie Love" G-Funk remix, and that there pissed everybody off even more because they felt "Warren's remix was better than EVERYTHING else on the album, so why the hell didn't he produce it?" However...he also dropped an album within that year...and even if he had used all of the beats on his album for the 213 project, it wouldn't have been 70% as good as what 213's album was. There were only 2-3 weak tracks to me...I might even call it a top ten album for L.A./Southern CA rap for this decade.

Overall, this is the best possible project that Warren and Nate's names could be headliners of that we could ever see in this decade. Music n me was pretty dope, but this album was better...and this album was better than any Warren album after his debut.

Johnny B

^^ yea I liked it.

Invincible

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I thought I rember hearing that Warren G was going to redo the album with all Warren G production?? Can anyone shed some light on that?> If it ever came out or anything??

Johnny B

^ I never heard that.

is that just a rumor?

HEC

I didn't consider it a true "213" album since Warren did not produce a single track but it was a dope album and I enjoyed it

Snoopafly-1986

It's a good album on it's own merit.  I think what ruins it for me is just the thought of how great the album COULD have been had warren produced it.  It could have been legendary, right up there with The Chronic, Doggystyle, and Dat Woopty Woop.  Instead it turned out to just be a very good album.  If you can get past the fact that Warren had no production on it and give it an objective listen, you'll like it.  I was dissapointed at first too, but it grew on me after a while.

another hip hop quotable by the one and only Soopafly DPGC ;D