Author Topic: Gang Starr - "The Ownerz"  (Read 1819 times)

KVB

Gang Starr - "The Ownerz"
« on: April 10, 2002, 06:30:02 AM »
Gang Starr
The Ownerz
Early 2003
Virgin Records

The famous duo of Guru & DJ Premier known as Gang Starr are due to release their sixth album in the summer.  Guest artists set to appear on the album are:

Jadakiss, D'Angelo, Snoop Dogg, Mary J. Blige, M.O.P., Krumb Snatcha, Scarface, Big Shug & Freddie Foxxx.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2002, 05:05:39 PM by Murrow »

bricklayer

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Gang Starr - Untitled
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2002, 06:00:51 PM »
ima def cop the shit out of this album when it comes out...the single natural off of this str8 bangin.......by the wy i have a feelin rakim might b on this album, depending if he finishes his album before gangstar is done...hollllllllla
peace
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Jome

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2002, 06:17:02 AM »
Damn, 6 dope guest-artists on there.

KVB

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2002, 06:44:40 AM »
Premo reveals more on Gangstarr & Solo LP's    (www.y2hiphop.com)

Friday, February 22, 2002

DJ Premier recently conducted an Interview on the radio in the UK and revealed a lot of info on his forthcoming projects. First up, he confirmed once again that the new Gangstarr album should drop around July/August time and that the pairing of himself and Guru are currently seven tracks deep into the album. However, it seems that Premo is more geared up for a huge solo LP release. Although nothing has been confirmed as of yet, Premo is hoping to rack up some HUGE guest appearances on the album. Artists set to appear on the Premo album include Scarface, M.O.P, Devin, a duet with Gladys Knight & Jill Scott, rock group AC/DC and hopefully, a track featuring Big L, 2Pac, Big Pun and The Notorious B.I.G. There's still a lot of work to be done in organising all these appearances, but Premo is hoping to get all those names on board for the album, which should drop end of 2002 or beginning of 2003 on Terror Squad Records.

In addition to all of this, Premo has started up his own independant label called Year Round Records and hopes to get his first act, NYG's out with an album very soon. Premo is also hoping to work with the likes of Busta Rhymes, Snoop Dogg, Jayo Felony, MC Ehit and Dr. Dre in the near future. Big things are about to happen in 2002 people.

KVB

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2002, 07:05:09 AM »
Gangstarr album coming in July   (y2hiphop.com)

Tuesday, January 29, 2002

Gangstarr fans won't have to wait too much longer for the new album to drop, the vocalist of the group, Guru has announced that the new album will be dropping in July. They are still only five tracks deep into the new album, something that DJ Premier revealed way back in August, so it seems not too much work has been done on it since. Expected guest appearances includes M.O.P, D'Angelo and a Militia reunion track with Big Shug and Freddie Foxx. If you can't wait for more Gangstarr until then, watch out for Dan The Automator's album, "Wanna Buy A Monkey", which will feature the excellent "Natural" joint.

After the release of the Gangstarr album, Guru will drop volume 4 of "Jazzmatazz" in 2003 and Premo will continue work on his long awaited production LP.

Murrow

Re:Gang Starr - Untitled
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2002, 01:40:51 PM »
Updated info?  

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2002, 01:49:46 PM »
I read somewhere ages ago (might have been hiphopsite.com) that premo isn't going to do all the production (if this is true, what the fuck?) and that Jadakiss is also gonna be guesting on it (please god, nooooooooo). but that was months ago.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Kamal

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2002, 02:40:29 PM »
Untitled
Title: "The Ownerz"
The first single will be "Skillz"...

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Gang Starr - "The Ownerz"
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2002, 04:37:05 PM »
i wonder if "battle" from the 8 mile soundtrack will be on the new cd...i think it would be a smart idea to add it as a bonus cause that is one of my fav tracks in awhile, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Jome

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2002, 08:02:40 PM »
i wonder if "battle" from the 8 mile soundtrack will be on the new cd...i think it would be a smart idea to add it as a bonus cause that is one of my fav tracks in awhile, peace.

Hell yeah, brilliant shiiit.
If "Battle" isn't gon be on there, I'm just gonna be pissed that it could have gotten on there instead of a average joint.

Kamal

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2003, 04:28:56 AM »
Tracklisting:

01. Intro
02. Skills
03. Deadly Habits
04. The Natural
05. Put Up Or Shut Up (feat. Krumb Snatcha)
06. Sabotage
07. Rite Where U Stand (feat. Jadakiss)
08. DJ Premier in Deep Concentration II
09. Same Team No Games (feat. NYG'z & Hannibal Stax)
10. Capture (Militia II) (feat. Freddie Foxxx & Big Shug),
11. Riot Akt
12. Who Got Gunz (feat. M.O.P. & Fat Joe)
13. Nice Girl, Wrong place (feat. Big Boi)
14. In This Life (feat. Snoop Dogg)
15. Battle

KVB

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2003, 08:32:37 AM »
Tracklisting:

01. Intro
02. Skills
03. Deadly Habits
04. The Natural
05. Put Up Or Shut Up (feat. Krumb Snatcha)
06. Sabotage
07. Rite Where U Stand (feat. Jadakiss)
08. DJ Premier in Deep Concentration II
09. Same Team No Games (feat. NYG'z & Hannibal Stax)
10. Capture (Militia II) (feat. Freddie Foxxx & Big Shug),
11. Riot Akt
12. Who Got Gunz (feat. M.O.P. & Fat Joe)
13. Nice Girl, Wrong place (feat. Big Boi)
14. In This Life (feat. Snoop Dogg)
15. Battle

:o
Tight tracklisting... do you have a release date also?

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2003, 09:09:32 AM »
militia II...hell yeah...
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Kamal

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2003, 09:22:34 AM »
:o
Tight tracklisting... do you have a release date also?
March 18

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2003, 12:50:15 PM »
Damn that tracklist looks hella tight, GangStarr are back to take over this hiphop shit again. And come on, how could anyone not be looking foward to Militia 2 with Freddie Foxxx and Big Shug on there again. The only real suprise guest on there is Big Boi, can't quite see how he is gonna fit in with Premo production but anyway i'm sure it will still be dope.

March 18th, not too far off.

Thanks for the info T.K.