Author Topic: That OTHER West Conf. Round 2 Match Up: The Spurs vs. The Hornets  (Read 832 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: That OTHER West Conf. Round 2 Match Up: The Spurs vs. The Hornets
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2008, 04:20:29 AM »
^^^^ I don't know if Hornets are a better match up for us .. of course , it's obvious to "fear" more  Spurs experience , very well coached team down the stretch and all that .. but I won't go THAT far to say Hornets is a much better team to face .. we'll see how SAS adjust in the 2nd game but in Game 1 they look like the old team we saw in the regular season ..

i wasnt talking about just experience. like i already said, spurs as a whole are focused on taking it inside, whereas hornets' most post-oriented offensive player is probably bonzi wells.

i'm not saying we're gonna kick the crap outta the hornets, i'm saying defensively we are better fit facing the hornets than the spurs. obviously, that doesnt mean the hornets would automatically be easier. whichever team plays with a higher intensity level against us could be trouble regardless. but our team is more finesse than we are physical, so we naturally match-up better to the hornets' style on defense.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2008, 11:29:24 AM »
im wondering if some of you guys actually watched the entire game or just looked at the finals score. The game was close most of the way, with the Spurs leading most of the game. NO pulled away at the very end and it was a single digit game with only a few minutes left. The Spurs in no way got their "asses handed to them" lol. Anyways, good game. I wanted us to win one of the first two. I would have rather seen us win game 1, but oh well. Spurs should take the series....but i say either a 6 or 7 game series.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2008, 11:47:17 AM »
This Spurs team is hard to read.
one game they look unbeatable, the next they seem like a team ready to be taken.
Game 2 will tell everything IMO.

Timmy with only 5pts is unaceptable. (Chandler)
and tell S.A. to throw some body's on West.
let Paul score his 19-20, but prevent West from catching & shooting, dunking ect..
David own the Spurs this year.

All in All tho I expect S.A. to take this series.
Game 2 is a must tho for the Spurs.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2008, 12:26:35 PM »
Predictions? Bets? Analysis?

winner of this series takes the west barring major injuries :D
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2008, 02:27:01 PM »
im wondering if some of you guys actually watched the entire game or just looked at the finals score. The game was close most of the way, with the Spurs leading most of the game. NO pulled away at the very end and it was a single digit game with only a few minutes left. The Spurs in no way got their "asses handed to them" lol. Anyways, good game. I wanted us to win one of the first two. I would have rather seen us win game 1, but oh well. Spurs should take the series....but i say either a 6 or 7 game series.

Yes... I did watch. And regardless....a 20 point loss is getting your ass handed to you. I know it's tough to digest, but sometimes you just have to admit it. If it were my team, I'd say the same thing. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 02:31:29 PM by Styles1 »
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2008, 04:21:34 PM »

Yes... I did watch. And regardless....a 20 point loss is getting your ass handed to you. I know it's tough to digest, but sometimes you just have to admit it. If it were my team, I'd say the same thing. 

if we got our ass handed to us, id admit it too. Game 4 vs the Suns....they kicked our ass, so be it. If last nights game was the other way around....I would in no way feel like we kicked the Hornets ass.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2008, 04:25:08 PM »

if we got our ass handed to us, id admit it too. Game 4 vs the Suns....they kicked our ass, so be it. If last nights game was the other way around....I would in no way feel like we kicked the Hornets ass.

when your beating someone 3/4 of the game its not an ass-handing
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2008, 04:41:44 PM »
I disagree.... if that final buzzer rings and you are down 20... you got your ass whupped.

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2008, 06:05:18 PM »
I disagree.... if that final buzzer rings and you are down 20... you got your ass whupped.

so in that case, if youre down by 25 points for most of the game.....but during garbage time, when the game is decided....the reserves get the lead down to 10 and only lose by 10.....that game (if you stay consistent) would not be "getting your ass whooped".

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2008, 07:19:11 PM »
you get your ass whopped as a team and you win as a team... if your reserves are playing against their reserves and can get your team back to a respectable score, then cool....

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2008, 10:20:03 AM »
20 points is pretty bad in the playoffs...that said, I'd much rather face the Hornets than the Spurs in the WCF.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2008, 08:27:10 PM »
Shit is not looking good for the Spurs..
N.O. is Real.

They have proved me wrong all season long
I was one of those dudes waiting for this team to fall off
and here they are in the second round pounding out S.A.

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2008, 09:15:06 PM »
yeah they whooped up on us tonight. Great game by Paul. They did what they were supposed to in the first two games. Cant wait for game 3 in SA

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2008, 12:25:53 AM »
^LOL@acting all calm, like you ain't worried. It was pretty much a 20 point fucking defeat in both games!...The Spurs are too old to run with the Hornets. He was DESTROYING you guys, scoring at will, amazing dishes, no forced turnovers. I honestly thought the Spurs were better than this.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2008, 12:28:36 AM »
The Spurs got Punk'd.