Author Topic: Did Will.i.am stole Beat ?  (Read 527 times)

The_Offence

Did Will.i.am stole Beat ?
« on: May 02, 2008, 12:07:26 PM »
For Estelle's Track American Boy ? it sure sounds like  he sampled the track, alot of people in toronto, heard the estelle track and right away said it sounds like a track from a toronto rapper by the name of ARABESQUE 

listen for yourself....listen to the ARABESQUE beat, you can listen to the track on his myspace it's called Nature's Phone

http://www.myspace.com/besque

now listen to the beat on Estelles  American Boy feat kayne West (Produce by Will.i.am)

« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 04:41:27 PM by The_Offence »

bez

Re: Did Will.i.am steal Beat ?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 12:39:43 PM »
sounds a bit similar, not enough to warrant a 'you stole it' phrase

The_Offence

Re: Did Will.i.am steal Beat ?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 04:41:03 PM »
sounds a bit similar, not enough to warrant a 'you stole it' phrase

if you rip off a beat you won't used the same beat he most def sampled that beat its to similar and if you sample a beat without getting the  sample cleared by the artist or label you can be sued, and i hope dude does get sued for point his name on something he knows he did'nt create, not only that he's making estelle look bad too

everlast1986

Re: Did Will.i.am stole Beat ?
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 07:14:37 PM »
It's not a blatant ripoff. Its just played similar out of coincidence. Same story with like 100000's of other songs. I'm sure Will.I.Am is a smart enough dude not to sample or use something someone else did without crediting them the right way.

Lanothegreat

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 09:18:29 PM »
well..from he stand point of a producer..and from some 1 who has got ripped b4...im not going to go into that...LOL...but...yea...its a super rip..the swag on the track is definatly arabesques swag...the beat is modified only minor...its 90 percent the dea and swag and back masking of arabasque
3500 Plays In 1 day...170 dl's
Mannish Da Jula- Intergalactic Feat.Lano

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8597771

Inglewood C.A. & Anchorage A.K.

smegma

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 09:22:06 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but still play "Impatient" regularly 8)

Lanothegreat

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 09:24:58 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but still play "Impatient" regularly 8)
do you now

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 12:34:38 AM »
It's not a blatant ripoff. Its just played similar out of coincidence. Same story with like 100000's of other songs. I'm sure Will.I.Am is a smart enough dude not to sample or use something someone else did without crediting them the right way.

The_Offence

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 09:05:00 AM »
well..from he stand point of a producer..and from some 1 who has got ripped b4...im not going to go into that...LOL...but...yea...its a super rip..the swag on the track is definatly arabesques swag...the beat is modified only minor...its 90 percent the dea and swag and back masking of arabasque
there you go...people think because its will i am , a well known artist that its ok......it's easy to rip a Canadian rappers music  because most of the time there music don't reach the U.S so its easy to rip of there music and past it off as yours because most of the people in the rest of the wold wouldn't know who it really came from and then you have the people they would say some shit like who cares there Canadians it don't really matter

its clear he ripped the beat off, listen to the break down in the beat sure you can have the same kind of sound but the beat breaks down the same way which means he had the hear the track to do his the same way, he changed a couple sounds but if you just listen to both beat and listen to how both of them break down it's clear he ripped off the beat

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 10:51:47 AM »
there you go...people think because its will i am , a well known artist that its ok......it's easy to rip a Canadian rappers music  because most of the time there music don't reach the U.S so its easy to rip of there music and past it off as yours because most of the people in the rest of the wold wouldn't know who it really came from and then you have the people they would say some shit like who cares there Canadians it don't really matter

its clear he ripped the beat off, listen to the break down in the beat sure you can have the same kind of sound but the beat breaks down the same way which means he had the hear the track to do his the same way, he changed a couple sounds but if you just listen to both beat and listen to how both of them break down it's clear he ripped off the beat

word. I remember kanye straight jacked a canadian artists beat for the slum village song 'Selfish' im trying to look for the original song but i forget the artists name.

Lanothegreat

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 01:10:09 PM »
yea..its not uncommon...its rpped...people been getting riped for years..arabesque is jus one of the newset ripped artist