Author Topic: Any UFC/MMA fans?  (Read 305 times)

Intriago33

Re: Any UFC/MMA fans?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 01:18:45 PM »
The First sentence in the topic says DREAM FIGHTS

the reason i went for these fights are:

Lesner vs Tim sylvia - everyone knows tim is in desperate need of a big fight or his chance of a title shot are slim to none. Lesner needs a big fight to gain some credibility to step up. and with the majority of heavyweights being ground fighters Dana White won't put Lesner in with another one in case its a repeat of Frank Mir, cos Lesner could be the biggest marketing tool Dana ever had. It wouldnt be the most technical fight but you could almost gaurentee a knockout.

Kimbo vs Rampage -  Rampage did an interview and had a dig at Kimbo calling him ugly and it built up quite a bit of heat on the internet and got a lot of people thinking, (me incliuded) What would be the outcome of this fight? Kimbo hasn't fought anyome as on top of there game as Rampage ( and Rampage could move up a weight) so why not? and Kimbo is desperate to prove himself as more than just a street fighter.

Silva vs Jones jr - this one is just a circus fight, but who cares. I think everyone wondered at some point how a professional boxer would fair, when Tyson and Mayweather were rumoured to join. i want to see how they'd fair.

Just my thoughts

1) Timmah isn't in the UFC now.
2) He should be fighting Fedor next if the show goes ahead as planned - I am skeptical.
3) Lesnar got beaten by Mir, Sylvia is a step above Mir IMO, so to fight someone stronger doesn't make sense after a loss.
4) Kimbo has done nothing in MMA, nothing. I think it's an embarassment that someone of Rampage's stature in MMA should even be discussed in a potential fight. Let's see if Kimbo can get past Thompson first before the hype train continues to roll.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 04:58:16 PM »
kimbo would get rapped in ufc

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2008, 05:24:05 PM »

wrong...Kimbo would fuck a majority of the UFC up. with the right training, he'd dominate.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 10:10:45 PM »

wrong...Kimbo would fuck a majority of the UFC up. with the right training, he'd dominate.

limited ground knowledge only a year or two of mixed work....let him fight someone whos been doing jiu-jitsu or muy thai for years

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 01:55:52 AM »
is anyone intrested in seeing Chuck fight Rampage again? ( iknow it would be a while away)

have you seen this vdeo of the embarrasment that is bob sapp? have you ever seen a man that big cry?

[img]

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2008, 07:42:51 AM »
LMAO @ the video..Dude is always gettin his ass beat by small dudes. Remy Bojansky was whoopin on him with nuthin but kicks, then Sapp got himself DQ'd

David Mack

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • $700,000 richer Blood
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2008, 03:28:47 PM »
We had a thread and it was a sticky, but we only had a few active posters, and one of them (Bramsterdam) left the forum.

I absolutey do not want to see Rampage-Kimbo, it makes no sense. Rampage by murder round 1.

Datz what da nigga from da Biggety Biggety O' was sayin and now dat niggaz 6 feet under courtesty of your main mayne Kimbo 8)
As for ma ground game......................Who da fuck needs a ground game when foes will be eating my fists that have more jacka den the missiles dropped on SAdaM and all his Niggas ya feel me? 8) I'm ready to fuckin fight dat nigga Tyson and one of his Cracked out tigers at the same time ya dig? 8)

Officer Perez

??? I don't know this guy so fuck you!

Intriago33

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 03:11:58 PM »
I personally think Kimbo would toss Rampage Jackson...

Is this a serious comment?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 03:26:54 PM »
Yes...Kimbo is very underrated. Just because he hasn't face any fierce competition doesn't mean he doesn't have it in him. He's tossed everyone he's fought. Kimbo would fuck up many people in the UFC, and I think Rampage Jackson is one of them...

Intriago33

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2008, 01:10:14 AM »
Yes...Kimbo is very underrated. Just because he hasn't face any fierce competition doesn't mean he doesn't have it in him. He's tossed everyone he's fought. Kimbo would fuck up many people in the UFC, and I think Rampage Jackson is one of them...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think you're crazy. I would be suprised if he gets past James Thompson in his next fight. Thompson hits hard, but he has a very suspect chin, but I don't think Kimbo has a solid chin either.
Lets see him get past Thompson, then he'll have to get past a top tier HW in EliteXC like Big Foot Silva, then we will talk about wether he can fight in the UFC.

Remember this guy is what, 33 now? He's come into the game too late, he only has about a 3 year career in him and you can't teach a whole lot in that time.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 01:11:53 AM by Intriago »

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2008, 07:53:19 AM »
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think you're crazy. I would be suprised if he gets past James Thompson in his next fight. Thompson hits hard, but he has a very suspect chin, but I don't think Kimbo has a solid chin either.
Lets see him get past Thompson, then he'll have to get past a top tier HW in EliteXC like Big Foot Silva, then we will talk about wether he can fight in the UFC.

Remember this guy is what, 33 now? He's come into the game too late, he only has about a 3 year career in him and you can't teach a whole lot in that time.

I agree with you on the Thompson thing bro, he will defo be the biggest test sofar for Mr. Kimbo Slice. (But expect Slice to get by him)
But when it comes to the talent level between the UFC & EliteXC I tend to not agree so much there, I mean it's not a step up/step down in comp. exsp' in the HW division when 1 punch/kick can end it all.

About the age thing, If this was Boxing I'd agree with you since it's a standup sport which consists of superior stamina and hand eye corordination to last 30 mins/36 mins of constant punishment/movement (When in a good fight or fighter) But this is MMA AKA The Toughman competition of the new Millenium. In MMA a Fighter like Kimbo with great hands will always be a top tier fighter in this sport even @ 33+, simply because POWER cannot be taught and is always the last resource a fighter will lose.

Don't get me wrong I love MMA, and enjoy watching the stratagy and grappling aswell. but when a skilled fighter with the Hands (Punching) faces a
ground fighter (With less Punching) the odds are always on the Hands. because the fights start in the up position. In other words IMO Grappling can be taught easier than Punching. anyway....

I'd also pick Rampage Jackson over Kimbo, but not because the skill level is greater in UFC than it is in EliteXC.
(But because I personaly like watching him fight more than Kimbo...lol)

Cung Le Vs. Frank Shamrock was a "Classic" IMO...
I hope Tito wins his next and last fight in Dana's circus, so he can go over to the EliteXC and fight against Cung.
(UFC is like the American Idol of MMA Dana is killing this sport IMO, I still got love for it tho)

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2008, 10:20:25 AM »
my dream fight to watch is anderson silva vs. bj penn after 5-6 months of training/prep.  that would be a fuckin brawl!!!

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2008, 02:00:35 PM »
my dream fight to watch is anderson silva vs. bj penn after 5-6 months of training/prep.  that would be a fuckin brawl!!!

that'd be dope

but i doubt BJ Penn wants to go back up. He pretty much wants to reign the 155 division forever. but money changes things
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008